Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2008, 11:03:36 AM

How is Zuttah the BAP in the 3rd round? ??? ??? ???

It looks like Muir is back in charge. :(

#16 : April 27, 2008, 11:03:51 AM

Manningham would have been nice but this kid is good.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : April 27, 2008, 11:03:56 AM

I am not sure about this pick. Is Sears getting moved outside? Or did they just draft a backup guard with a 3rd round pick, because if thats the case then they have lost me on day 2.

scope88

Starter

#18 : April 27, 2008, 11:05:09 AM

NFL Network just listed him as a T. So maybe he is backing up Luke, and grooming behind him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 27, 2008, 11:04:12 AM

So the Bucs made Faine the highest paid center in league history and use a 3rd round pick on a center prospect who as far as I can tell has never played center? Just kill me.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#20 : April 27, 2008, 11:04:33 AM

Bad choice IMO... too much talent was available to waste a pick on a guy who will probably be a career back up for us.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 27, 2008, 11:04:40 AM

Manningham has Michigan/Turd WR written all over him.

Can't wait to hear the logic behind the Zuttah pick. Maybe the guy has all kinds of versatility, but I really didn't think interior line was a big need at all.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 27, 2008, 11:04:48 AM

not who I wanted here but still a decent prospect.  

dm4bucs

Starter
#23 : April 27, 2008, 11:04:56 AM

Good Versatile player and is rated as the number 1 center on nfldraftcountdown.com for those that don't know who he is, but i was hoping for dre moore instead of a backup lineman.

JC510

Practice Squad

#24 : April 27, 2008, 11:05:02 AM

Sears will be the LT by 2010 or sooner. Zuttah will then step in at LG.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 27, 2008, 11:05:19 AM

I am not sure about this pick. Is Sears getting moved outside? Or did they just draft a backup guard with a 3rd round pick, because if thats the case then they have lost me on day 2.

Nah, this kid can play anywhere on the line. Guard Center Tackle. I think this is a great pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 27, 2008, 11:05:29 AM

Left Tackle.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2008, 11:06:16 AM

The Bucs spent a 3rd round pick:

A.) Career backup

or

B.) Project LT

:(

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2008, 11:06:21 AM

Analysis
Positives: Has a thick lower body frame that gives him his strong anchor and base...Bit lean up top for an offensive lineman, but possesses excellent natural strength and hand punch (needs to shoot his hands with better consistency, though)...Moves well sliding down the line and could be a better fit at an interior line position, thanks to his body control and ability to get after defenders on traps and pulls...Shows quickness off the ball and adequate speed working in space...When he keeps his pads down, he is much more effective attaining proper knee bend and roll with his hips...Shows good hand/eye coordination with his hand punch and is quick to reset...Displays good instincts on the field, picking up blitzes and making the switch to the second level, taking good angles to neutralize linebackers on traps and pulls...Smart player who has no problems taking plays from the chalkboard to the playing field...Called by the staff the toughest player on the team, as well as one of its hardest workers...Shows a willingness to play hurt and pushes himself in practices and the training room...Has a quick first step off the snap and when he keeps his pads down, is very efficient at getting into the exposed area of the defender's body on the rise...Has the feet and effort to stay with blocks and put his opponent on the ground, showing good aggression attacking his opponent...Shows the feet, strength and effort to move his man off the snap and create rushing lanes, using his leg drive and keeping his shoulders square to widen the creases...Displays good body control and hand contact while on the move...Gets to the second level quickly and has the athletic ability to block in space...Can lock up and steer his man while in pass protection and will generally keeps his hands inside his frame tight, letting him punch with good power...Will struggle at times vs. the speedy edge rusher, but generally shows good balance working in-line in pass protection...Has a good concept for taking angles on the short-area pulls, keeping his head on a swivel to locate secondary targets...When he keeps his center of gravity low, he is capable of handling the bull rush (will get walked back into the pocket when his level gets too tall)...Does a good job of squaring his shoulders and occupying the defender firing off the snap.

Negatives: While he has very good strength, he has lean muscle mass for an offensive lineman...Bit undersized to play tackle at the next level and might be a better fit as a guard or even possibly at center, as he has the hand quickness to snap and the initial burst to gain advantage on traps and pulls...Will play with pain, but has had recent back issues that might need further medical evaluation...Has just adequate ability to slide and mirror vs. the speedier edge rushers, but is more effective when blocking in-line...Needs to mature in the locker room, as his bit of arrogance and attitude can rub his teammates and coaches the wrong way...Does a good job of sinking his pads and staying low in his stance, but when he gets too tall, his base narrows and he fails to roll his hips off the snap...Does a good job of dropping anchoring in pass protection, but could use some more weight to hold his ground better vs. the bull rush...Can stay with most defensive ends, but at times will miss vs. quick spin moves (has good timed speed, but is lethargic getting out of his stance when needed to take on edge rushers)...Has very good weight strength, but needs to improve his punch, as he does not always shoot his hands with force...Has good timed speed, but shows some balance issues on the move (when he gets too tall in his stance, crossing his feet and failing to open his hips)...Needs to take better angles when stalking second-level defenders...When his base narrows, he can be walked back into the pocket, as he fails to anchor...Lacks ideal weight and bulk to play tackle, but his frame is at maximum growth potential and any addition could impact his overall speed.

Compares To: JOSH BEEKMAN-Chicago...Look for Zuttah to be a better fit inside than at tackle. He will need to bulk up to play either guard or tackle, but he lacks the tall frame you look for to play tackle at the next level. With his upper body strength and hand quickness, he might make a better center down the road, despite having never played that position.

ChinaBucs19

Practice Squad
#29 : April 27, 2008, 11:06:49 AM

im fine with Zuttah. valuable backup who has the physical tools to develop into a starter one day
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools