Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

MBF

Hall of Famer

#150 : August 20, 2008, 01:45:15 PM

As you love to say, LAWL.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#151 : August 20, 2008, 01:53:03 PM

The Bucs spent a 3rd round pick:

A.) Career backup

or

B.) Project LT

:(

The correct answer (saddly) is C) Opening Day starter.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#152 : August 20, 2008, 02:30:48 PM

The Bucs spent a 3rd round pick:

A.) Career backup

or

B.) Project LT

:(

The correct answer (saddly) is C) Opening Day starter.

Beat me to it.  I wasn't going to put "sadly" in there, but...he's our guy now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#153 : August 20, 2008, 02:43:16 PM

Looks like a pretty smart pick, NOW.
It will be a smart pick if he's the team's starting center in 2010. If all you need is a 2-3 week substitute, someone like Buenning could have done just fine.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#154 : August 20, 2008, 04:47:49 PM

May be a 'tweener without a true pro position...Does not necessarily play to his workout numbers...Does not dominate opponents...Durability concerns

Career backup.

Way to give him a chance.

Are you just going to write off any player that this team drafts that you dislike?

I should take badabings lead.

Yes.

You will never be the most hated poster on this board pal.  So don’t even try….. :)

But anyway, Zuttah is playing lights out in camp apparently and is proving to be a good selection.  However, if Joseph comes back and plays after week 3 or 4 and both he and Sears stay relatively healthy for their careers along with Faine, I can’t agree with drafting a back-up in the 3rd round, along with a kick returner in the 2nd.  Either way, right now it’s looking like an excellent pick since Joseph is down for a few weeks, but unless they plan on making him a future starter, I can not agree with the move.  Like someone else said, Buenning and Davis have started for us before and I’m sure they can fill in and play decent for a few weeks.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#155 : August 21, 2008, 02:49:45 AM

Guys on the O_line get banged up a lot.  He is a good O-lineman, and is groomable.  Hopefully, he plays left tackle, and Penn becomes the backup when Petty sails into the sunset...

Not in LOVE with the pick, but I can see why they would do it.  DEpth, depth, depth.

Great Call on this one. You Nailed IT!

I guess we should have a little faith in the Bucs Front Office. Maybe (Just Maybe) they know what they're doing after all!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#156 : August 21, 2008, 04:54:52 AM

Guys on the O_line get banged up a lot. He is a good O-lineman, and is groomable. Hopefully, he plays left tackle, and Penn becomes the backup when Petty sails into the sunset...

Not in LOVE with the pick, but I can see why they would do it. DEpth, depth, depth.

Great Call on this one. You Nailed IT!

I guess we should have a little faith in the Bucs Front Office. Maybe (Just Maybe) they know what they're doing after all!
Not happy about it, but some guys apparently do not understand about depth, or how badly it hurts the team to lose starters on the front five...ADW must not have watched the Bucs the last few years to think these five guys are made of titanium...

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools