Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 27, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »

He had a dazzling combine, only Jake Long did better. He ran a 4.99 (second fastest of all OL) and did 35 reps on the bench (second again only to Long's 37). Some had him as a potential second round pick. Very versatile guy who can play OG or OT.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #31 : April 27, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »

Guys on the O_line get banged up a lot.  He is a good O-lineman, and is groomable.  Hopefully, he plays left tackle, and Penn becomes the backup when Petty sails into the sunset...

Not in LOVE with the pick, but I can see why they would do it.  DEpth, depth, depth.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

« #32 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »

Not what I expected but I like the idea of stockpiling good versatile lineman...If he was the best player available on the board and the Bucs stayed true to that, then I am fine with it.

Manningham is a cancer with a bad attitude...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »

He had a dazzling combine, only Jake Long did better. He ran a 4.99 (second fastest of all OL) and did 35 reps on the bench (second again only to Long's 37). Some had him as a potential second round pick. Very versatile guy who can play OG or OT.
Read that about him.  Like I said, not in love with it, but definitely can put the logic together on that one.  Chev is going to be very happy!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »

Is this the end for Dan Buenning?

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »

Not a bad pick but seems like our Bucs staff is taking bong hits right before the last two picks, because they keep ignoring needs and forgetting about other good ones still out there.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »

Bucs reached.

He was a 4th rounder IMVHO.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #37 : April 27, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

He started 28 straight games at RT for Rutgers, which had one heck of a running game. Zuttah is very athletic and did not allow a sack the last two years.

« #38 : April 27, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »

here's some info from him on nfldc.com

Strengths:
Good athleticism...Terrific speed and quickness...Extremely strong...Explosive and powerful...Mobile with nice range...Uses his hands well...Versatile with experience at multiple positions..Smart with good awareness and instincts...Great work ethic.

Weaknesses:
Size and bulk are somewhat average...Doesn't have great footwork...Has trouble with speed...May be a 'tweener without a true pro position...Does not necessarily play to his workout numbers...Does not dominate opponents...Durability concerns.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Scarlet Knights...Has played both guard and tackle in college and could also project to center at the next level..Has missed some time with knee and ankle injuries...Opened some eyes with a standout performance at the Scouting Combine when he placed among the Top 10 offensive linemen in four events including the forty and bench press..Has starting potential but versatility is the hallmark of his game and that may allow him to at least be a valuable backup.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 27, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

When I hear the word "versatile" that means he isn't good enough to start in any one spot but just decent enough to be a number 3 guy in every spot.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 27, 2008, 11:09:41 AM »

Depth pick for us, I suppose. It appears he is athletic and can play both Tackle and guard. I didn't see this as a need....but who knows...

I was thinking Allen Aldrige, Dre Moore, Steve Slaton, or a DE.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 27, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

This is kind of a head-scratcher to me.  I'm not saying he's a bad prospect, but in the third round, it seems like they should be able to get someone who could contribute more than "backup interior offensive lineman".

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 27, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »

When I hear the word "versatile" that means he isn't good enough to start in any one spot but just decent enough to be a number 3 guy in every spot.

Thats not his case. I've watched him play, he can be a very capable starter

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 27, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »

When I hear the word "versatile" that means he isn't good enough to start in any one spot but just decent enough to be a number 3 guy in every spot

Bucs reached for a career backup.

:(

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #44 : April 27, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »

While he is a good prospect, I believe the Bucs could have done better with the needs on the team.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN ROUND 3, THE BUCCANEERS SELECT OL ZUTTAH « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools