Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#210 : December 10, 2006, 04:45:38 PM

If Brohm comes out I'd considering trading down a few slots to pick him up for someone that really wants one of the top 3 picks.

There's always that option too.  This is a good draft up top.  Someone is going to want Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, or Gaines Adams if we don't.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#211 : December 10, 2006, 04:47:19 PM

Don't see Russell as a top 5 pick, not even top 10.  He's too raw.  If LSU had done what TExas did last year than maybe, but he  hasn't had enough exposure.

I actually think Brohm would do just as well as Quinn if either had to start right away. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#212 : December 10, 2006, 04:50:41 PM

Don't see Russell as a top 5 pick, not even top 10. He's too raw. If LSU had done what TExas did last year than maybe, but he hasn't had enough exposure.

I actually think Brohm would do just as well as Quinn if either had to start right away.

So then we take Brohm.  I'm not saying we draft Quinn, I'm saying we draft a QB.  There are 3 that are worthy in my mind, and at least 2 of them will be there when we pick.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#213 : December 10, 2006, 05:47:39 PM

this is becoming a bigger issue every wek.

People are so quick to forget that Bruce was our 3rd string QB. Then our backup went down for the season. Then our starter went down for the season. No one wanted to play Grads this year. No one expected to play Grads this year. And just because the guy is playing worse, doesn't mean it changes our whole QB situation. The guy wasn't the future, no matter how many optimistic homers wanted to think so. It shows. We look like a top 3 pick team starting a 3rd string rook. Honestly Bruce shouldn't, and I really hope ISN'T, having as big an affect on our QB outlook as you make it seem.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#214 : December 10, 2006, 05:49:51 PM

this is becoming a bigger issue every wek.

People are so quick to forget that Bruce was our 3rd string QB. Then our backup went down for the season. Then our starter went down for the season. No one wanted to play Grads this year. No one expected to play Grads this year. And just because the guy is playing worse, doesn't mean it changes our whole QB situation. The guy wasn't the future, no matter how many optimistic homers wanted to think so. It shows. We look like a top 3 pick team starting a 3rd string rook. Honestly Bruce shouldn't, and I really hope ISN'T, having as big an affect on our QB outlook as you make it seem.

Let me get this straight.  All of our QB's suck, yet since Grads was supposed to suck we don't need another QB?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#215 : December 10, 2006, 06:24:25 PM

Let me get this straight.  All of our QB's suck, yet since Grads was supposed to suck we don't need another QB?

Keep trying to get it straight and alert me when you finally do...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#216 : December 10, 2006, 06:28:08 PM

Let me get this straight. All of our QB's suck, yet since Grads was supposed to suck we don't need another QB?

Keep trying to get it straight and alert me when you finally do...

Trust me, i got it.  Grad's isn't the future, but I fail to see how that means we shouldn't try to find the future.  You left out a huge part of the equation.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#217 : December 10, 2006, 07:10:22 PM

Trust me, i got it.  Grad's isn't the future, but I fail to see how that means we shouldn't try to find the future.  You left out a huge part of the equation.

Wait, I said we shouldn't try to find the future? I said we don't need another QB?.......

All I said was, you keep bumping this thread every time Grads has a bad game like our future is going to live and die by how he performs. He's not the future, obviously. It wasn't a calculated move to have Grads as the starter, it was a last resort. IMO the bigger issue is if we re-sign Simms. If we bring back Gruden. How the FA QB group pans out. And then, if they still need a QB, how high we should take one. It's not like we put all our eggs in Grads basket for the future, he sucks, now the only option is to take a franchise QB with our 1st round pick, case closed, end of story. Far from it IMO...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#218 : December 10, 2006, 07:25:23 PM

Trust me, i got it. Grad's isn't the future, but I fail to see how that means we shouldn't try to find the future. You left out a huge part of the equation.

Wait, I said we shouldn't try to find the future? I said we don't need another QB?.......

All I said was, you keep bumping this thread every time Grads has a bad game like our future is going to live and die by how he performs. He's not the future, obviously. It wasn't a calculated move to have Grads as the starter, it was a last resort. IMO the bigger issue is if we re-sign Simms. If we bring back Gruden. How the FA QB group pans out. And then, if they still need a QB, how high we should take one. It's not like we put all our eggs in Grads basket for the future, he sucks, now the only option is to take a franchise QB with our 1st round pick, case closed, end of story. Far from it IMO...

I never said anything about it being our only option.  I think it's the option we should take.  That's kind of the whole point of these boards isn't it?  To say what we think? 

We didn't put all our eggs in the Grads basket.  We actually put them all in the Simms basket.  Didn't work out so hot huh?  That's why we were forced to resort to Grads, who sucked, but not as bad as Simms.  Now we are left with only Grads, Ratay, and McCown under contract. 

Why do I need to see how the FA market shakes out?  I've been paying attention all year and know how it's going to turn out.  There's nothing there but temporary retread patches. 

As for bumping the thread every week, it has nothing to do with how Grads plays.  It isn't an anti Grad's thread, it's a pro Quinn, Russell, and Brohm thread.  The reason I bump it is because there is no point starting another thread about the same thing when I already have one thread going.  It just makes sense and doesn't clutter the board.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#219 : December 10, 2006, 09:07:42 PM

I never said anything about it being our only option.  I think it's the option we should take.  That's kind of the whole point of these boards isn't it?  To say what we think?

We didn't put all our eggs in the Grads basket.  We actually put them all in the Simms basket.  Didn't work out so hot huh?  That's why we were forced to resort to Grads, who sucked, but not as bad as Simms.  Now we are left with only Grads, Ratay, and McCown under contract. 

Why do I need to see how the FA market shakes out?  I've been paying attention all year and know how it's going to turn out.  There's nothing there but temporary retread patches. 

As for bumping the thread every week, it has nothing to do with how Grads plays.  It isn't an anti Grad's thread, it's a pro Quinn, Russell, and Brohm thread.  The reason I bump it is because there is no point starting another thread about the same thing when I already have one thread going.  It just makes sense and doesn't clutter the board.

It didn't work out so hot? He got injured, what was he supposed to do? And I disagree that he "didn't suck as bad as Simms". Grads has looked like the worst starting QB in the league in a few games this year and is only getting worse to the point of getting benched.

The FA market has a lot to do with Gruden still being the coach. If he IS, it's more likely that he'll be looking for a temporary patch. I'm sure he doesn't want to go through the whole process he went through with Simms, with Grads, because he doesn't have the time!

So you bump it every week, because "it's becoming a bigger issue every week", yet it has "nothing to do with Grads play" and everything to do with Quinn, Russell, Brohm who haven't done anything noteworthy lately.

Somehow I don't get the "don't want to clutter the boards" thing when you follow it up with "i was the first to call it, i'm right then and I'm right now". It doesn't sound like you're looking for others opinions on this already re-hashed issue. It sounds like a preemptive pat on the back.
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB in Round 1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools