Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN THE SIXTH ROUND, THE BUCS DRAFT LB HAYES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2008, 04:22:15 PM

Show me a first or second rounder let go or on the practice squad from THIS team Sunny-D, and maybe I will agree.  :-

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 27, 2008, 04:24:35 PM

You're completely missing the point.

I don't think it's any big news that a sixth round draft pick might get released or put on the practice squad.  :-

Larry Brackins

Starter
#32 : April 27, 2008, 05:52:59 PM

He looks like a poor man's Brooks with character issues.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 27, 2008, 05:59:21 PM

Would have preferred Erin Henderson.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 27, 2008, 06:06:53 PM

Poor Man's Ernie Sims with character issues.

As I Nole Alumn,

I wonder where the hell you come up with "a poor man's Ernie Sims"...seriously, if Ernie Sims is something he's nothing more than a broke mans Derrick Brooks and keep in mind that Geno Hayes was a 6th round pick.

"A poor man's Ernie Sims"...You've got to be kidding me to compare an FSU OLB to a 1 year player in Sims instead of the Hall of Famer Double Nickles. I'd go with "a caveman's Derrick Brooks" before I even mention Ernie Sims' name.

"A poor man's Ernie Sims"...what a joke.

#35 : April 27, 2008, 06:09:13 PM

Hayes is a great pick. He is still young, and raw, but if he can put on 10-15 lbs he will be a special player. He played at 210 at FSU, and was one of, if not the most athletic LB in the nation. I dont know what he did at the combine, but he has amazing sideline to sideline speed and he makes a lot of plays

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2008, 06:12:10 PM

I think we've found Brooks' replacement.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 27, 2008, 09:03:26 PM

Poor Man's Ernie Sims with character issues.

As I Nole Alumn,

I wonder where the hell you come up with "a poor man's Ernie Sims"...seriously, if Ernie Sims is something he's nothing more than a broke mans Derrick Brooks and keep in mind that Geno Hayes was a 6th round pick.

"A poor man's Ernie Sims"...You've got to be kidding me to compare an FSU OLB to a 1 year player in Sims instead of the Hall of Famer Double Nickles. I'd go with "a caveman's Derrick Brooks" before I even mention Ernie Sims' name.

"A poor man's Ernie Sims"...what a joke.

What in the hell are you talking about here?

Are you seriously trying to say Hayes is more like Derrick Brooks than Ernie Sims?

Get off the liquor buddy!

Do you even know who Ernie Sims is?  Yeah, he is only one of the TOP young LB's in the game today, a 1st round pick 9th overall in 2006 from FSU.  I'd say he is SOMEBODY, but he is not Brooks and neither is Hayes. 

What are you talking about Sims being a 1 year player?  He has 2 years NFL experience and he played all 3 years at FSU.  As a supposed FSU alum, I would expect you to know all of this.

Hayes is NOTHING like Brooks on or off the field, and to mention the 2 in the same sentence is disrespectful to future HOF LB Derrick Brooks.

Interestingly enough, both Sims and Hayes were arrested for resistinG arrest, at least Sims didn't mange to get himself TASED!

Next time I would sober up before posting some garbage like you just did.  The only joke here is your post which makes absolutely no sense.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 27, 2008, 09:05:23 PM

LOL, I didn't see this before but looks like at least 1 source agrees with my assessment:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/genohayes.html

Was a highly-regarded recruit coming out of high school...Played in every game as a true freshman...Missed a few games with a knee injury in '06...Tased, arrested and later charged with assault on an officer, resisting arrest without violence and disorderly conduct following a bar fight in 2007..Was one of the Florida St. players involved in the academic cheating scandal...Could play the middle or the weakside depending on the type of defense....Poor-man's Lawrence Timmons or Ernie Sims.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2008, 09:10:53 PM

Wow PR listed him as the #4 OLB in the draft preview issue. How has he slipped this far? at 225 pounds seems to be too light for a linebacker, even for a system such as ours that uses "undersized" LB's.

I thought we were trying transition to bigger LBs?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 28, 2008, 09:39:59 PM

Nice guy:

Three plays later, Tebow ducked under the rush, then ran right past ol' Geno for his opening TD, a 23-yard run. Hayes had one tackle in the game. He was a no-show with media after it, though he did threaten a reporter on the field, only to be yanked away by Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley, who we suppose gets one tackle, too.

So he talks a lot of smack, doesn't back it up, and then threatens a reporter after the game. 

Can't wait for this guy!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN THE SIXTH ROUND, THE BUCS DRAFT LB HAYES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools