Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those of you who care. My analysis of the game today « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 10, 2006, 09:03:30 PM

Dal - bucs did bid on Garcia, Cleveland bid more. Way more.

Funny the way he's not in CLE this year, PHL paid him 710k which is basically the vet min at his age, or less than what The Rat gets in another way of looking at it.
So why go to Philly?  Why not resign with Cleveland?  Why spurn the Bucs?

It very well might be true...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 10, 2006, 09:04:16 PM

As opposed to putting in whom? Rattay? for what purpose. There is NONE. Karen, finding out what players can do and can't do is all preparation for next year. Rattay could not hold the 2 spot against at sixth round draft choice from Toledo for crying out loud. Want to be pissed at something, be pissed the team had a crappy cap situation. Or that Chris go hurt, or the Oline could not protect him better, or that the NFL gave us a tough schedule that was tougher than anyone anticipated.

Blame Gruden. Okay it is all his fault. You happy now. It is bs but maybe now you and BucsGuru can offer something else. Root for Oakland and Detroit to win a couple, then we can get a OL and maybe a DL between the draft and FA.

Let them rant boid, this crap will not wear itself out because some folks here simply don't get it. The season was dependent on Simms being healthy and improving. Neither had a chance to happen. Wait til next year became the motto in week 3 to anyone with a lick of sense and the ability to read on the insider board.

The season was dependent on Simms being healthy and improving? That's the problem dbuc. Why in the world would we not do everything to keep Griese or at the very least bring in a HEALTHY veteran back up?? Coaching had everything to do with this season as it pertains to Simms! We never gave the guy any playing time in pre-season as if he was Tom Brady or Brett Favre. Then he comes out and begins the season as if he had never played before. Do you think we would be better off with Simms playing like he was? In business, you MUST have a back up, and gruden didn't.

In most businesses you have an unlimited cap to improve. Gruden barely had the cap to do anything. Simms had to be signed--- Griese was owed 7mil and had to be cut for cap reasons and was offered to be resigned and from what I heard it was well comparable to what he went ot the Bears for-- but he wanted the 7 mil he was owed originally or he was gone. So not having the 7 mil or even 2 mil extra to sign a vet Qb you are basically stuck with what we had- he made a run at the best mid tier that was there in Fiedler who couldn't get healthy. You say sign Griese -- but fail to realize he was owed 7 mil.

Why do you continually bring up things that have been explained and explained again-- are you really just that stupid that you dont get it. I will slow it down for you--- W-E  D-I-D  N-O-T  H-A-V-E  T-H-E  C-A-P!!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 10, 2006, 09:05:39 PM

Dal - bucs did bid on Garcia, Cleveland bid more. Way more.

Funny the way he's not in CLE this year, PHL paid him 710k which is basically the vet min at his age, or less than what The Rat gets in another way of looking at it.

And Brad JOhnson makes less than Rattay...

Whgo knows why these things happen.  Maybe Garcia is a winner, and chose to play for Philly to try to "earn" a ring?  The chances of it happening in Philly are a lot higher than happening in Cleveland or Tampa, that I am pretty sure of...

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 10, 2006, 09:08:07 PM

dbuc,i'm with you,just wish they sign some stud OL and DL men in FA our OL still stinks.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 10, 2006, 09:09:40 PM

Dal - if that is your take on what I wrote I misled you.  No - I referenced we had one NFL caliber qb, tried to have more, didn't have another.  They tried, did not have the money.  You can blame whatever and whomever you want, as I have told you before, I don't care who coaches the team, and to a great extent I don't care about the names on the back of the jerseys.  

So all that said, I would refer anyone to review who has issues with the qb situation on this club to the PR archieves.  We did not have the resources to get quality back up.  Simple.  Bucs have tried, could not get it done, and here we are.  Pretty easy to see from where I sit.

And did I like it, hell no.  Did I see it, yea.  I watched the desperation efforts the culminated in freaking injuried cb Fiedler being signed.  Just like you.  So showing suprise at this late date is simply impossible for both of us.

And Brad would have cost us a mint to keep while his arm healed.  I don't know the sequence that got Garcia to Philly.  I do recall the one where he got to Philly, and bucs tried to wine and dine, he took the money then.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 10, 2006, 09:13:45 PM

dbuc,i'm with you,just wish they sign some stud OL and DL men in FA our OL still stinks.

4bucs, you have known me on this board for a long time.  I am exhausted by the continued Oline woes.  I want a FA center who can run the oline and block, and I want Joe Thomas.  That enables bucs to use AD at tackle and guard.  Then we need Buenning healthy.  When, but not before, the oline is NFL Average the staff can see who can play at skill positions, but at this point who can tell? 

Same goes with Dline, we need 1-2 DTs and a DE.  All have to be quality - and produce.  Then they can decide about the LBs and DBs.  Right now who can tell anything? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 10, 2006, 09:15:30 PM

Dal - if that is your take on what I wrote I misled you.  No - I referenced we had one NFL caliber qb, tried to have more, didn't have another.  They tried, did not have the money.  You can blame whatever and whomever you want, as I have told you before, I don't care who coaches the team, and to a great extent I don't care about the names on the back of the jerseys.

Again, the problem isn't not being #1 offense, it is being the #32 offense.

Last year SF had an awful offense with a rookie QB, no run game, a horrid OL and all the rest and scored 259 total points. We've scored 151 and are on pace for just 201 points but our trend says we might not breach 200. Do you know how many teams since 2002 have scored < 200 points? 0, zippo. That's all kind of bad teams, with bad players and rookie QB's and spotty lines. None of them. That's what the problem is...oh that and being below average on offense now for 5 years.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2006, 09:19:42 PM

Dal - if that is your take on what I wrote I misled you. No - I referenced we had one NFL caliber qb, tried to have more, didn't have another. They tried, did not have the money. You can blame whatever and whomever you want, as I have told you before, I don't care who coaches the team, and to a great extent I don't care about the names on the back of the jerseys.

Again, the problem isn't not being #1 offense, it is being the #32 offense.

Last year SF had an awful offense with a rookie QB, no run game, a horrid OL and all the rest and scored 259 total points. We've scored 151 and are on pace for just 201 points but our trend says we might not breach 200. Do you know how many teams since 2002 have scored < 200 points? 0, zippo. That's all kind of bad teams, with bad players and rookie QB's and spotty lines. None of them. That's what the problem is...oh that and being below average on offense now for 5 years.
So what is the big deal about points scored when the team has acquired the same piss poor 3-5 wins as the basement dwellers usually do?  If the Bucs score 199 points, or if they score 220 points, does it really make a difference at this point?

That is like saying I would rather drown then get burned up...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2006, 09:22:36 PM

So what is the big deal about points scored when the team has acquired the same piss poor 3-5 wins as the basement dwellers usually do?  If the Bucs score 199 points, or if they score 220 points, does it really make a difference at this point?

The magnitiude of the failure is design to put to lie the "With these players who could do better" line that is now the default Grudenista argument. The simple answer is that no one has done this bad (208 BTW is the next lowest total in the list) no matter what awful putrid mix of players bad teams have had. What we're seeing out there isn't just bad, it is potentially historically bad and we can/should expect more becuase it has been done before.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 10, 2006, 09:26:00 PM

So what is the big deal about points scored when the team has acquired the same piss poor 3-5 wins as the basement dwellers usually do? If the Bucs score 199 points, or if they score 220 points, does it really make a difference at this point?

The magnitiude of the failure is design to put to lie the "With these players who could do better" line that is now the default Grudenista argument. The simple answer is that no one has done this bad (208 BTW is the next lowest total in the list) no matter what awful putrid mix of players bad teams have had. What we're seeing out there isn't just bad, it is potentially historically bad and we can/should expect more becuase it has been done before.
Well, the Bucs have set a record for the FG fiasco last week, why not set one for point futility?  To me, these things mean nothing, because no matter how many points the Bucs score, the team is always going to be remembered for being a stinking mound of filth.  It makes no difference to me what happens in that area.

What happens if the Bucs win the rest of their games at a 3-0 clip?  Hey, I am just saying is all...

No big deal.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 10, 2006, 09:33:22 PM

I don't disagree with the 1 to 32.  

I don't think we are getting to 200 points.  

It is more than having a rookie qb, it is losing your starter every freaking year.  I think it is Oline.  I freely admit I could be wrong.  

This year is schedule, injuries, the affects of trading picks for players, and getting over the salary cap issues arising from the SB.  You and I and others who have been here for years knew there was going to be hell to pay - and injuries to qbs are extending hell.  Where is your surprise coming from?

And IF the bucs could get Joe Thomas, and a FA Center who could make calls, AND a FA DT, plus draft one the of top three DTs I believe all could get better in a hurry.  The line failures/shortcomings are making the rest of the team look worse than they are imo.

And just an aside, the FG could not have meant less to me either way.  Let's get better for next year, this one is over and will join other bad seasons in the history of the bucs, and not a moment too soon for me.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those of you who care. My analysis of the game today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools