Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Press Conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 11, 2006, 11:43:43 AM

What a load of crap the PC was... didn't really answer any questions. Never really answered the Mike Alstott question. What a bum.

Alstott has 3 games left with the Buccs.......what purpose does playing him now serve?

True.

What would it hurt though?

But in all honesty, you are right MJS.  The Bucs need to give GRaham those snaps, give Stove tha calls, it is time to figure some things out.  Alstott is a foregone conclusion.

And I will miss him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 11, 2006, 11:44:33 AM

What a load of crap the PC was... didn't really answer any questions. Never really answered the Mike Alstott question. What a bum.

Alstott has 3 games left with the Buccs.......what purpose does playing him now serve?

I'm the biggest Alstott fan in the world.  But I agree, there's no need to play him much.  Put him in on short yardage situations and hope he gets another TD before the year ends.   But he doesn't have much left in the tank.   He can't handle alot of touches so he needs to be used sparingly.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 11, 2006, 11:49:40 AM

I'm the biggest Alstott fan in the world.  But I agree, there's no need to play him much.  Put him in on short yardage situations and hope he gets another TD before the year ends.   But he doesn't have much left in the tank.   He can't handle alot of touches so he needs to be used sparingly.

Notice that Mike is making most of his hay this season on the outside, rather than on the inside.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : December 11, 2006, 11:50:09 AM

Ehhh give him 5-10 touches a game.. I mean you saw yesterday he was the only person on offense with any real fire.

watson

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 11, 2006, 11:59:26 AM

When I see Grads I still see a ROOKIE.  Yesterday was his 10th start and he is doing what rookies...much less 6th round draft choices do......a couple of good plays.....more bad plays.....and mistakes.  No way in heck did I expect him to win any games this year, much less 3. 

Below is info on 2 QBs results from yesterday:
QB 1:
Completed 13-of-24 passes for 121 yards

QB 2:
Completed 12-of-25 passes for 78 yards

The first QB was Grads.  Another part was that Grads was sacked and fumbled one time. 

The second was Tom Brady.  Brady was sacked five times, fumbling twice, and was knocked down many more times. It was a full system melt down for New England's offensive line and the team couldn't get any receivers open deep. He was getting hit so much Matt Cassel came in late to prevent any further pounding.

I'm not saying that Grads is on par or even close to Tom Brady.  My point is it is just not him that determines how he performs each week. 

Great, Grads' avg game is narrowly Brady's carrer worst....

Don't flame me i'm sure Brady had a worse game at some point in his career, maybe....
And Brady had this game with a veteran offensive team around him.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 11, 2006, 11:59:55 AM

Ehhh give him 5-10 touches a game.. I mean you saw yesterday he was the only person on offense with any real fire.
Pittman scoffs at this notion...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 11, 2006, 12:07:02 PM

OK, let's stop the Brady comparisions. everyone has bad games. The problem isn't Grads game yesterday, it is his whole body of work that right now looks to have plateaued.

You look at Leinert and Young and you see signs that make those teams feel confident about those guys starting next year. Has Grads done enough to make you feel like we don't need to FA a QB or draft one? Don't think so.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 11, 2006, 12:15:02 PM

Grads isn't progressing like ML or VY. There's a reason he went in the 6th round as opposed to a top 10 1st round pick and it's obvious now. He'll have a bigger learning curve than those two.

I thought he threw some nice balls yesterday and it's still puzzling to me how the Bucs lost this game. The Falcons aren't very good and any other year the Bucs roll those clowns.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 11, 2006, 01:16:08 PM

I wouldn't compare him to Brady, but I sure as heck would give him more than a few training camp snaps and then a crash course to one of the most difficult systems to learn.  The whole team is bad.  Thus making it more difficult for a 6th round rookie to show anything but his legs.  Which it sort of looks like JG either told him not to run too much or the one thing I fear is that we need to about blow up the whole oline again...or both... [banghead]

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 11, 2006, 01:21:48 PM

I can't see us blowing up the OL. We have 2 good guards in Joseph and Buenning. Trueblood has been decent as a rookie. We need to upgrade at center and if we were to grab joe thomas we could have Walker, Trueblood and I guess Davis battling it out for Right Tackle and I think one of those 3 could step fwd and be a good find (probably either Davis or Trueblood).

I know its rough for Grads but when you look at his performances game in and game out you see the same thing or to some degree a drop in play. Its hard to give a 6th round QB and endless amount of time to prove himself, not like he was a top 10 pick and we can see that he will be ok with time.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 11, 2006, 01:31:26 PM

I can't see us blowing up the OL. We have 2 good guards in Joseph and Buenning. Trueblood has been decent as a rookie. We need to upgrade at center and if we were to grab joe thomas we could have Walker, Trueblood and I guess Davis battling it out for Right Tackle and I think one of those 3 could step fwd and be a good find (probably either Davis or Trueblood).

I know its rough for Grads but when you look at his performances game in and game out you see the same thing or to some degree a drop in play. Its hard to give a 6th round QB and endless amount of time to prove himself, not like he was a top 10 pick and we can see that he will be ok with time.
Gruden DOES need to blow up Muirs job, IMO.  I know Gruden is loyal to a fault, at least in this matter.

#26 : December 11, 2006, 01:32:52 PM

I wouldn't compare him to Brady, but I sure as heck would give him more than a few training camp snaps and then a crash course to one of the most difficult systems to learn.  The whole team is bad.  Thus making it more difficult for a 6th round rookie to show anything but his legs.  Which it sort of looks like JG either told him not to run too much or the one thing I fear is that we need to about blow up the whole oline again...or both... [banghead]

The issue is poor vision for Gradkowski, certainly an issue more correctable than some others.  He needs time and experience.  But, while the team is bad, there is no excusing the  fact that he just plain cannot see WRs!  They are invisible to him.

I have no idea if he can play in this league, but the synapses so far: not so good.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 11, 2006, 01:33:07 PM

Oh God Muir, he is pitiful IMHO. I am talking about the line as a whole, personnel wise.

Baghead #2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 11, 2006, 01:49:27 PM

The issue is poor vision for Gradkowski, certainly an issue more correctable than some others.  He needs time and experience.  But, while the team is bad, there is no excusing the  fact that he just plain cannot see WRs!  They are invisible to him.

I have no idea if he can play in this league, but the synapses so far: not so good.

They would be invisible to you too if you didn't know how to read a modern day defense...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 11, 2006, 04:02:35 PM

OK, let's stop the Brady comparisions. everyone has bad games. The problem isn't Grads game yesterday, it is his whole body of work that right now looks to have plateaued.

You look at Leinert and Young and you see signs that make those teams feel confident about those guys starting next year. Has Grads done enough to make you feel like we don't need to FA a QB or draft one? Don't think so.
Dal,
First, it was not to compare him to Brady.....it was an example to show that more is involved than how the QB plays or his ability. 

In regards to Gradkowski doing enough to keep the team from drafting another QB, I'm not an NFL coach so I can't say if Gradkowski has done enough to warrant him being an option next year.  Maybe you are and know that he won't progress with an off season to get the training that all young QBs need to progress.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Press Conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools