Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Press Conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucmebaby

Starter

#30 : December 11, 2006, 04:05:35 PM

What I don't see is a winning attitude. When you look at Peyton Manning (yes, I know they got thrashed by Jagwads) you see a man in charge, a man determined to win. I've knocked Favre lately, but in his day he was a man who was determined to win, no matter what it took. Look at Vince Young. He has "it" - determination to win. Don't see it in Caddy, either, sorry to say.  I used to see it in Sapp, and Hardy Nickerson might have had the best display of that attitude, but Brad Johnson had it too, to a cetain degree. But I don't see it now except in Brooks and Hovan. Is that something you can coach?

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it." Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist

BucNGator

Starter

#31 : December 11, 2006, 04:37:39 PM

What a load of crap the PC was... didn't really answer any questions. Never really answered the Mike Alstott question. What a bum.

Yes he did.... the reporter asked "if you were looking for a spark, why didn't you use Alstott"?

Gruden replied "we already have a back, that we feature here"

For some reason, he's stubborn to a fault by not using Mike the way the fans would like to see him used in probably his last season, with nothing on the line and nothing to lose.  Maybe it's the posssibility of being proven wrong that scares him, but his perss conferences are starting to sound like Sam Wyche's.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 11, 2006, 04:43:41 PM

No injuries.

Grads will start next week.  Gruden is happy with much of his play but he needs to make things happen.  He still think Grads has a future in the NFL.

Gruden said they will prepare both players to be ready to go. The whole effect is that it sounds like Grads is on a short leash this week.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : December 11, 2006, 05:01:56 PM

What a load of crap the PC was... didn't really answer any questions. Never really answered the Mike Alstott question. What a bum.

Yes he did.... the reporter asked "if you were looking for a spark, why didn't you use Alstott"?

For some reason, he's stubborn to a fault by not using Mike the way the fans would like to see him used in probably his last season, with nothing on the line and nothing to lose.  Maybe it's the possibility of being proven wrong that scares him, but his press conferences are starting to sound like Sam Wyche's.

His ego couldn't take it. That is all there is to say about him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 11, 2006, 05:04:16 PM

Correct answer.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 11, 2006, 05:08:54 PM

No injuries.

Grads will start next week. Gruden is happy with much of his play but he needs to make things happen. He still think Grads has a future in the NFL.

Gruden said they will prepare both players to be ready to go. The whole effect is that it sounds like Grads is on a short leash this week.

Thanks for filling us in on the whole story!

Grossman blows tonight and we will probably get Griese next week, could be interesting.

Baghead #2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#36 : December 11, 2006, 05:35:25 PM

I hate all the grasy knoll stuff dished out about Gruden but in this case there's no way Gruden could go with Rattay.  If he plays well then Gruden's bosses will wonder wtf he was doing starting a 6th round rookie from Toledo.

Gruden must think his job is secure because Rattay actually is the best bet to win a few games because there is no film on him in this offense other than last week.  He has experience too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 11, 2006, 06:23:44 PM

He probably does, but the more I see the more I think it will be as a solid backup rather than as a starter. I've supported him to this point, saying that he doesn't deserve to be knocked so much until he gets some experience under his belt. However at this point, he needs to show a little more than he has. He needs to have shown us a little flash of something extra, and that hasn't come.

Unfortunately, I doubt our fulltime starter for next year is even on the roster right now.

Why does he have to be a career backup after struggling as a rookie?  Does he not get the benefit of learning? 

There has not been a lot of benefit and anything buc in the same sentence or thought for a few week now. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#38 : December 11, 2006, 06:46:17 PM

For some reason, he's stubborn to a fault by not using Mike the way the fans would like to see him used in probably his last season, with nothing on the line and nothing to lose.  Maybe it's the possibility of being proven wrong that scares him, but his press conferences are starting to sound like Sam Wyche's.

His ego couldn't take it. That is all there is to say about him.

Well, don't let that stop you from saying it over and over again ...even if there's nothing to base it on except wild speculation.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#39 : December 11, 2006, 06:50:52 PM

Why does he have to be a career backup after struggling as a rookie? Does he not get the benefit of learning?

He doesn't HAVE to be, but I'm starting to feel that while he's got a lot going for him, it just isn't enough.

The one thing he doesn't have going for him is an adequate offensive line.   46 yards rushing folks.   We need to focus on what
is wrong with that part of the offense and forget about passing the ball.  Shoot, line up 4 TE's.

Warhorse

Second String

#40 : December 11, 2006, 07:14:04 PM

I agree with DanTurks. Our future QB is not on the roster.

It ain't easy finding a good QB in the NFL. Just ask Baltimore or New Orleans. It took awhile for them. They also both got veterans.

To me Garcia would be a good fit for Gruden.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Press Conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools