Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Best Move of The Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
: April 27, 2008, 05:33:12 PM

By far the worst move was trading down in the 2nd round only for an extra 5th round pick... so by moving down in the draft we missed out limas sweed...what i want to know was sweed on radar and did we think by moving down we could pick up a 5th rounder and still get sweed or was dexter jackson our guy all along?

Best Move of the draft: Was moving up in the 4th round and draft Dre Moore which i think he can come in an help the D-line out in a big way

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 27, 2008, 05:34:26 PM

I'm thinking they had no interest in Sweed. They had to know there were other teams with a serious need at WR.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 27, 2008, 05:35:44 PM

Sweed isn't the kind of the reciever the Bucs needed.

They were in need of some seriouis speed

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 27, 2008, 05:36:33 PM

I think trading down and losing out on Sweed was the biggest blunder but still not horrible. I love the trading back up to get Moore. I like him and I also love the Johnson pick.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 27, 2008, 05:37:53 PM

I think trading down and losing out on Sweed or Jackson was the biggest blunder but still not horrible. I love the trading back up to get Moore. I like him and I also love the Johnson pick.

DeSean Jackson wasn't available either way.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : April 27, 2008, 05:38:07 PM

I think trading down and losing out on Sweed or Jackson was the biggest blunder but still not horrible. I love the trading back up to get Moore. I like him and I also love the Johnson pick.
Trading down didn't cost them Jackson... he went prior to the pick they traded.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 27, 2008, 05:39:19 PM

Oh yeah, best move. If Moore can maintain what he did in the last four years of his senior season then that move is going to be crucial. And, dependant upon whether or not we get a guy who may be able to make the squad (or PS) in the 7th then moving back in the 5th to get a 7th may be a very nice move.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 27, 2008, 05:41:30 PM

You're right...Jackson did go just before us. I forgot that. Still...I really liked Sweed...even with his wrist issue.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 27, 2008, 05:41:44 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that 2nd round trade for an extra 5th allowed us to draft Josh Johnson, didn't it?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 27, 2008, 05:43:01 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that 2nd round trade for an extra 5th allowed us to draft Josh Johnson, didn't it?

You're correct

PoorRichard

Starter

#10 : April 27, 2008, 05:43:39 PM

By far the worst move was trading down in the 2nd round only for an extra 5th round pick... so by moving down in the draft we missed out limas sweed...what i want to know was sweed on radar and did we think by moving down we could pick up a 5th rounder and still get sweed or was dexter jackson our guy all along?

Best Move of the draft: Was moving up in the 4th round and draft Dre Moore which i think he can come in an help the D-line out in a big way

Sweed wasnt on the Bucs radar. Why would they draft him to compete with Stovall and Clayton?? He is that type of guy. They were definitely looking for a more versatile player. Sweed is a nice player but doesnt upgrade our speed and cant return kicks.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 27, 2008, 05:43:54 PM

No...we traded our 5th round pick to NE and traded down. The pick we got for trading down in the 2nd we traded away to move back up to get Moore (we got a 6th also in that deal). Now I like that we were able to go up and get Moore...but he may have still been there...I am glad we didn't take the chance though.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 27, 2008, 05:44:37 PM

cool thanks.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 27, 2008, 05:51:39 PM

i honeslty think JG was pissed desean jackson got picked. and i tihnk he wanted to trade up to get him but BA wouldnt allow it. so we got the other D jax.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#14 : April 27, 2008, 05:54:07 PM

i honeslty think JG was pissed desean jackson got picked. and i tihnk he wanted to trade up to get him but BA wouldnt allow it. so we got the other D jax.
Where do some of yall get these soap opera lines? lol...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Best Move of The Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools