Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: April 27, 2008, 06:05:42 PM

Talib... fills a need but way better players available. Mendenhall should have been the pick, and IMO Cason is better. Tampa still needs BAP. We arent a super bowl contender. My pick here how it went would have been Mendenhall

Jackson... some say hes not even a starting WR in this league and we take him round 2? Atleast 4 other WR I would have taken. Once again like almost every draft we take a reach and usually if not everytime we strike out. My pick here would have been Charles Godfrey

Zuttah... this makes my point about Joseph. I assume Allen and Gruden think hes a starting caliber player (who knows with them though) guess what most teams find starting interior OL in round 3... this is what pisses me off about Allen and Gruden drafting. It seems like they are just throwing darts. I have not seen this guy play but read about him. Im not going to judge on him but IMO there were guards rated higher them him available Schuening  being one of them. My pick here would have been a WR (Manningham or Caldwell)

Dre Moore... best pick all day for us. Probably 2nd rd talent. Cant complain fills a need and probably is = to many of the late 1st/2nd rd DT.

Larry Brackins I mean Josh Johnson... all hype. Hasnt played against good players and is a reach. Sounds like Larry Brackins. People will post highlight videos of him tearing up some 5'6 CB like they did Brackins. By this time next year he will be gone. Erik Ainge goes next who probably had 2nd 3rd rd talent. I also would have also taken Andre Woodson.

Hayes... isnt a big need, but definaetly seems like he could be a steal. Like the pick.

Boyd... PS if hes lucky.

Overall Id give it a c/c- draft. Round 2 pick being the biggest stretch. I cant see how anyone thinks that Talib was the best BAP in round 1 but he does fill a need, and that Jackson was the best WR on the board etc.

Carolina hit a HR, they got 4 starters IMO in there first 4 picks. . Nawlins really improved there defense to go with a good offense, Atlanta got a future QB to go with a few weapons with him. Although I think they should have taken Dorsey they a QB round 2. I think the rest of the south closed the gap on us.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 27, 2008, 06:13:39 PM

pretty much agree with you Oregon.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 27, 2008, 06:14:31 PM

I like the Josh Johnson pick, but otherwise agree with you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 27, 2008, 06:15:54 PM

And we didn't pick a single player from Oregon.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 27, 2008, 06:17:17 PM

Completely disagree with your assessment on Josh Johnson/Brackins... not every small school kid is a tard who refuses to learn ala Brackins. Besides, if it falls through then so be it, no one is expecting him to step in and be the guy next year, but if his potential pans out then we have something nice.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 27, 2008, 06:21:16 PM

I agree with everything except the comment that the rest of the nfc south closed the gap.    The rest of the nfc south have passed the bucs in the offseason.   The bucs will be lucky to avoid the division basement this year.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 27, 2008, 06:25:48 PM

And we didn't pick a single player from Oregon.

wasnt expecting us too. But a team in the South did and they just passed us in improving there running game.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 27, 2008, 06:28:27 PM

I agree with everything except the comment that the rest of the nfc south closed the gap.    The rest of the nfc south have passed the bucs in the offseason.   The bucs will be lucky to avoid the division basement this year.

Cool, since you've already posted the results for 2008, that frees up my Sundays.

#8 : April 27, 2008, 06:28:48 PM

The bucs will be lucky to avoid the division basement this year.

You're still mad about them not letting Simeon finish his lunch, aren't you?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 27, 2008, 06:30:18 PM

I'll take your action on that Java.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 27, 2008, 06:31:38 PM

Completely disagree with your assessment on Josh Johnson/Brackins... not every small school kid is a tard who refuses to learn ala Brackins. Besides, if it falls through then so be it, no one is expecting him to step in and be the guy next year, but if his potential pans out then we have something nice.

I doubt Brackins refused to learn... maybe its because Gruden isnt patient? Gruden has never developed a young QB and how these 2 (Gruden and Allen) have drafted I doubt they even know where to begin to look for a QB. Thats why were stuck with a 38 year old QB with no future replacement in the next 2+ years. Sorry I put Tampa 3rd in the south beginning the year. Carolina jumped us in 24 hrs.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 27, 2008, 06:32:56 PM

I agree with everything except the comment that the rest of the nfc south closed the gap. � �The rest of the nfc south have passed the bucs in the offseason. � The bucs will be lucky to avoid the division basement this year.

What a crock.. you people amaze me.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 23, 2009, 04:42:48 PM

Another one for funsies

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 27, 2008, 06:38:22 PM

I doubt Brackins refused to learn... maybe its because Gruden isnt patient? Gruden has never developed a young QB and how these 2 (Gruden and Allen) have drafted I doubt they even know where to begin to look for a QB. Thats why were stuck with a 38 year old QB with no future replacement in the next 2+ years. Sorry I put Tampa 3rd in the south beginning the year. Carolina jumped us in 24 hrs.

No doubt. After all they have a player from Oregon now.... ::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 27, 2008, 06:38:34 PM

Carolina jumped us in 24 hrs.

Yeah, that's how it works, since they play the actual games on paper.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools