Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2008, 06:41:42 PM

Completely disagree with your assessment on Josh Johnson/Brackins... not every small school kid is a tard who refuses to learn ala Brackins. Besides, if it falls through then so be it, no one is expecting him to step in and be the guy next year, but if his potential pans out then we have something nice.

I doubt Brackins refused to learn... maybe its because Gruden isnt patient? Gruden has never developed a young QB and how these 2 (Gruden and Allen) have drafted I doubt they even know where to begin to look for a QB. Thats why were stuck with a 38 year old QB with no future replacement in the next 2+ years. Sorry I put Tampa 3rd in the south beginning the year. Carolina jumped us in 24 hrs.

No doubt. After all they have a player from Oregon now.... ::)

Ill take Williams/Stewart over Graham/Dunn so would every other team. And they got a franchise tackle to go along with 2 great defensive players.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 27, 2008, 06:42:34 PM

Whatever homer.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 27, 2008, 06:42:39 PM

Talib... fills a need but way better players available. Mendenhall should have been the pick, and IMO Cason is better. Tampa still needs BAP. We arent a super bowl contender. My pick here how it went would have been Mendenhall

i agree, would have loved cason/mendenhall - but im fine with talib.

Jackson... some say hes not even a starting WR in this league and we take him round 2? Atleast 4 other WR I would have taken. Once again like almost every draft we take a reach and usually if not everytime we strike out. My pick here would have been Charles Godfrey

i dont like this pick on the surface, but i did want a speed WR with return abilities...royal/avery were gone.  caldwell is an option, he's more polished and a better player, but jackson might have more upside and been a better fit.

Zuttah... this makes my point about Joseph. I assume Allen and Gruden think hes a starting caliber player (who knows with them though) guess what most teams find starting interior OL in round 3... this is what pisses me off about Allen and Gruden drafting. It seems like they are just throwing darts. I have not seen this guy play but read about him. Im not going to judge on him but IMO there were guards rated higher them him available Schuening  being one of them. My pick here would have been a WR (Manningham or Caldwell)

love early OL.  still would like to know the story on buenning.  thought penn/davis/buenning were great depth.

Dre Moore... best pick all day for us. Probably 2nd rd talent. Cant complain fills a need and probably is = to many of the late 1st/2nd rd DT.

agree.

Larry Brackins I mean Josh Johnson... all hype. Hasnt played against good players and is a reach. Sounds like Larry Brackins. People will post highlight videos of him tearing up some 5'6 CB like they did Brackins. By this time next year he will be gone. Erik Ainge goes next who probably had 2nd 3rd rd talent. I also would have also taken Andre Woodson.

agree whole-heartedly.  although off the top of my head i would have taken owen schmitt.

Hayes... isnt a big need, but definaetly seems like he could be a steal. Like the pick.

mean fast LB.  but dont we already have 16 LB's on roster?  i like the pick in the 6th.

Boyd... PS if hes lucky.

he runs hard, be good competition for darby.

Overall Id give it a c/c- draft.

i give it a B.  we filled needs.

Carolina hit a HR, they got 4 starters IMO in there first 4 picks. . Nawlins really improved there defense to go with a good offense, Atlanta got a future QB to go with a few weapons with him. Although I think they should have taken Dorsey they a QB round 2. I think the rest of the south closed the gap on us.

car got 2 good players imo, atl screwed the pooch in the first, and new orleans picked up sedrick ellis.  NO had a good draft i think, but so did we.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 27, 2008, 06:44:31 PM

Whatever homer.

call me a homer but theres a reason he went #13. A homer is someone who thinks Tampa did well in the draft. Stewart didnt make Carolina draft an A its when they added a tackle and 2 defensive starters to it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 27, 2008, 06:45:49 PM

call me a homer but theres a reason he went #13. A homer is someone who thinks Tampa did well in the draft. Stewart didnt make Carolina draft an A its when they added a tackle and 2 defensive starters to it.

I guess we'll know in 3-4 years. Bookmark this page so we can check back then.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 27, 2008, 06:46:52 PM

And we didn't pick a single player from Oregon.

wasnt expecting us too. But a team in the South did and they just passed us in improving there running game.

If we picked Dennis Dixon you would have been screaming B+ to an A. I disagree with your opinion overall but I think round 2 was questionable. Had we not made that trade in round 2 we probably dont have the opportunity to trade up for Moore though, I think we took a position we needed in round 2 because the receivers were flying off the board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 27, 2008, 06:47:41 PM

Whatever homer.

What would you call someone who thinks Otah is a "franchise" tackle?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 27, 2008, 06:49:16 PM

I guess we'll know in 3-4 years. Bookmark this page so we can check back then.

Yeah ok Ill do that. I dont need to, everyone will remember. Stewart>Graham, Carolina draft> Tampa draft. Its irrelevant, Tampa passes on a pro bowl RB in Mendenhall.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 27, 2008, 06:51:53 PM

I don't think the Saints did enough to shore up their secondary. Porter may be nice but it's going to take more than him to make me a believe. Vilma and Morgan? Nice talent, we'll see if either/both of them can play to their pre-injury selves. Are they going to be tough? Of course. But, so are we. We didn't lose much at all, and really I think we replaced BK nicely. It's all speculation really. The Panthers also "won the draft" last year when they "stole" Jarrett in the second. We'll see how that all plays out next year but I don't see how we could run roughshod over the division, lose almost nothing, and automatically get put down to third.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 27, 2008, 06:52:38 PM

Whatever homer.

Carolina wasnt the only team that thought so. He will be starting for them for years. Its not like they have Muir as an OL coach and Allen and Gruden as talent scouts.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 27, 2008, 06:53:58 PM

Pro Bowl RB??   Clairvoyant?? Again, you people amaze me. Only time will tell with ALL draft picks. The draft is a crap shoot all the way.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 27, 2008, 06:56:02 PM

We should be able to get past Atlanta this year...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2008, 06:56:56 PM

And we didn't pick a single player from Oregon.

wasnt expecting us too. But a team in the South did and they just passed us in improving there running game.

If we picked Dennis Dixon you would have been screaming B+ to an A. I disagree with your opinion overall but I think round 2 was questionable. Had we not made that trade in round 2 we probably dont have the opportunity to trade up for Moore though, I think we took a position we needed in round 2 because the receivers were flying off the board.

Well since Dixon, Ainge, Woodson IMO are better players and more talented it probably would bring it to a B. Dixon does everything better then Johnson and did it at a higher level. But Im happy for Dixon atleast he will go to a team where he can learn and that has had QB's like him, and made them successful. Gruden would have had him rot then add5 more veterans ahead of him or just become impatient and cut him after a year like he will Johnson.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 27, 2008, 06:57:17 PM

Whatever homer.

Carolina wasnt the only team that thought so.

Really?  The four other teams that drafted tackles before Otah was picked didn't think so.

By the way, I wouldn't call any of the tackles in this draft "franchise."  There wasn't a Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace in this draft.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 27, 2008, 07:00:14 PM

Whatever homer.

delusional

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools