Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 27, 2008, 07:02:43 PM

Whatever homer.

call me a homer but theres a reason he went #13. A homer is someone who thinks Tampa did well in the draft. Stewart didnt make Carolina draft an A its when they added a tackle and 2 defensive starters to it.

What would you call someone who thinks Otah is a "franchise" tackle?

Carolina wasnt the only team that thought so.

Really? The four other teams that drafted tackles before Otah was picked didn't think so.

By the way, I wouldn't call any of the tackles in this draft "franchise." There wasn't a Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace in this draft.

Well what I call franchise is different, I agree there wasnt a Pace type OT. But Otah will be a starter for years IMO. IMO he was the 2nd best tackle.

Tampa did pass on a franchise RB though in Mendenhall IMO.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 27, 2008, 07:04:35 PM

Whatever homer.

call me a homer but theres a reason he went #13. A homer is someone who thinks Tampa did well in the draft. Stewart didnt make Carolina draft an A its when they added a tackle and 2 defensive starters to it.

Really? The four other teams that drafted tackles before Otah was picked didn't think so.

By the way, I wouldn't call any of the tackles in this draft "franchise." There wasn't a Joe Thomas, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace in this draft.

Well what I call franchise is different, I agree there wasnt a Pace type OT. But Otah will be a starter for years IMO. IMO he was the 2nd best tackle.

And if he is Kenyatta Walker would you eat crow for the rest of your life?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2008, 07:07:03 PM

Well we did pass on Mendenhall. That tells me that the Bucs are happy with their RB situation.

As to Otah, He's gonna have to prove it to me. Is he a RT or a LT? I think he's a RT. So Carolina has two RT's and are hoping (at a very high price) it works out.

How is that better?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 27, 2008, 07:09:49 PM

Whatever homer.

And if he is Kenyatta Walker would you eat crow for the rest of your life?

yeah for the rest of my life. I was right about Joseph and Caddy so far... I personally hope Otah sucks but he went where he should have gone.

And anyone who thinks Tampa did better then Carolina or that Tampa had a great draft is a homer and needs to take there glasses off. Talib wasnt the BAP. Jackson wasnt the BAP or the BAP WR. You need BAP in the first 2 rounds e**CENSORED**ally for a team like Tampa who  right now is an average team borderline playoff team. Its not like they just have one hole to fill.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 27, 2008, 07:11:19 PM

Carolina had a solid draft but don't forget they sold the farm for Otah (gave up next year's #1).

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 27, 2008, 07:14:01 PM

Well we did pass on Mendenhall. That tells me that the Bucs are happy with their RB situation.

As to Otah, He's gonna have to prove it to me. Is he a RT or a LT? I think he's a RT. So Carolina has two RT's and are hoping (at a very high price) it works out.

How is that better?

Tampa obviosuly is happy at there RB position... which is fine. I still dont think its top 15 and is either 3rd or 4th in the south. IMO a team like Tampa needs a top tier running game and Mendenhall would have been a very nice compliment to Graham.

I think most people would say Mendenall and Godfrey 1 and 2 would have been better but thats just me.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2008, 07:16:10 PM

Carolina had a solid draft but don't forget they sold the farm for Otah (gave up next year's #1).

I dont know about selling the farm. They gave up a lot but they probably are picking around where they drafted him next year. When you have 2 good RB you want to do well I doubt they think its selling the farm.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 27, 2008, 07:17:19 PM

The NFC South looks to be much, much tougher this year

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 27, 2008, 07:19:35 PM

How is that better?

They are going to be a power running team, so 2 maulers at OT will be more important than an elite pass-blocker

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2008, 07:21:24 PM

I dont know about selling the farm. They gave up a lot but they probably are picking around where they drafted him next year. When you have 2 good RB you want to do well I doubt they think its selling the farm.

1st, 2 3rds and a 4th isn't selling the farm for the 4th or 5th best T in the draft? C'mon man.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 27, 2008, 07:22:25 PM

Then our speed off the edge is gonna give them fits in passing situations.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 27, 2008, 07:23:06 PM

1st, 2 3rds and a 4th isn't selling the farm for the 4th or 5th best T in the draft? C'mon man.

He must define "selling the farm" like he does "franchise tackle."

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2008, 07:26:34 PM

lol Biggs, it's different alright.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 27, 2008, 07:28:27 PM

How is that better?

They are going to be a power running team, so 2 maulers at OT will be more important than an elite pass-blocker

that may be true... but they do have a young QB and a QB coming off a major surgery. They did get a mauler in round 7 who blocked for Stewart. Projected 5th rd pick, may make the team.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 27, 2008, 07:30:07 PM

Then our speed off the edge is gonna give them fits in passing situations.

and were talking? there running game will give us fits. We cant stop anybody. People just cant admit teams did better then Tampa one being a rival.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools