Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: re: Saints « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #30 : December 10, 2006, 10:31:04 PM »

Thank you StereoChemistry.  And once you have a good Oline the rest of your team improves.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
« #31 : December 10, 2006, 10:32:10 PM »

Having Houston make a ridiculous choice and give Reggie Bush to the Saints didn't hurt.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

« #32 : December 10, 2006, 10:33:27 PM »

Drew Brees' talent is sick!!!! What he's doing with nobodies like Colston and Henderson is simply amazing. And kicking an onside kick up 35-17 is what i call playing to win!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #33 : December 10, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »

did we ever have a shot at drew brees... he's truly a beast

Yes, we could have signed him if we went after him.  His cap value this year is less than $4MM.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 10, 2006, 10:46:53 PM »

And my point, beyond agreeing with you by bringing up the fact that Marrone is a first year coach on this team, was that it still takes a combination of high draft investment (Brown and Stinchcomb), FA vet pick ups (Nesbit and Faine), and maybe a plugged in player or two (Evans)...they aren't built overnight, but a lot can be said for coaching.

With our offensive line, I really don't know anymore.  Do they have talent and just aren't running a good scheme, or are they average players and always will be.

Either way, I think it's time for Muir to go.  There's got to be a guy out there who has shown some sort of technique that has produced results that can come here.

I agree that the coaching definitely helps.  But their line has been rebuilt top-to-bottom in just a few years.  This year was the icing, with the trade for Faine from the Browns (wouldn't they like that trade back!), and drafting Evans in the fourth round, who is outperforming our first round pick, Joseph.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #35 : December 10, 2006, 10:45:13 PM »

i am hateting it,

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #36 : December 10, 2006, 10:47:48 PM »

DAMN!!!The Saints to Miami??

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 10, 2006, 10:51:27 PM »

It may be the first time I root for the AFC team. I hate the damn saints.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #38 : December 10, 2006, 11:05:01 PM »

I hate the falgoons & the panties, but the Saints? Not so much.  I'll root for them. Especially after what they & their city went through.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 10, 2006, 11:16:35 PM »

I hate the falgoons & the panties, but the Saints? Not so much. I'll root for them. Especially after what they & their city went through.
And be prepared for the NFL to milk Katrina for every dime it is worth.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #40 : December 10, 2006, 11:21:08 PM »

Actually the NFL has given a lot of money to various charities in NO.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 10, 2006, 11:59:02 PM »

That's not what I mean. They will use the tragedy to draw in more viewers for the Super Bowl. And the entire pre-game will be devoted to showing pictures of Katrina victims. It will be so heavily favored to New Orleans that we will forget that there even another team playing.

They did this earlier in the year when they had the first game back at the Superdome. They had pictures at every possible break.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #42 : December 11, 2006, 12:31:39 AM »

That's not what I mean. They will use the tragedy to draw in more viewers for the Super Bowl. And the entire pre-game will be devoted to showing pictures of Katrina victims. It will be so heavily favored to New Orleans that we will forget that there even another team playing.

They did this earlier in the year when they had the first game back at the Superdome. They had pictures at every possible break.
If it gets them more help, it's all good.  There could not be a better story then NO going to the SB & perhaps winning.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 11, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »

Realistically speaking the Saints are not dumb and none of the other division rivals in the NFC south are stupid.  I find it hard to believe the Saints would have retreated the minute the Bucs would have looked at Brees direction.

The thing is that Brees didn't sign cheap. A lot of folks gasped at the size of his deal given the injury he had. I'm not sure anyone in their right mind tosses anymore at him in year #1 though becuase the BIG part of the Saints deal was after year 1. In fact, a lot of observers said it was basically a one year deal becuase the Saints were gonna pay him the big balloon in year 2.

Would the Saints have run away crying if we got in the mix, no?  I'm sure they would have sweetened the pot but there is a lot for Tampa to offer at that time - a team that didn't look like it sucked, offensive guru coach, and all the ancillary Florida isn't a storm wrecked PoS benefits (note Brees made all his I wanted to come here comments AFTER the Fish gave up not before so don't tlel me how he wanted to go to NOLA). Not to mention that after this year we could have done a lot of sweetening ourselves. Can we sign anyone, no. Could we have made a real push at Brees, the more I look at it yes and I think evaluation of Simms was more important than cash in that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

« #44 : December 11, 2006, 12:35:28 PM »

Everyone acts like it was common knowledge that Brees would be this good. I think everyone thought he would be an upgrade, but there seemed to be a general consesus that he had really benefited in San Diego from being with LT and Gates, and that due to his physical stature his upside was limited. (an argument being made against Gradkowski quite frequently)
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: re: Saints « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools