Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson is not a wide receiver?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : April 28, 2008, 03:24:23 PM

...part of a track team...    lol

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 28, 2008, 03:27:41 PM

Nice find!

#17 : April 28, 2008, 03:35:04 PM

DRAFTGUY TV analysis...   makes sense.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 28, 2008, 03:36:07 PM

If Johnson is a real legitimate NFL talent and he comes here and turns into a player for the Bucs, I think we'll be able to thank his disappointing combine for making him available to the Bucs in round five. If not, then he's only a fifth round pick. Either way, I'm all in favor of giving the kid a chance.

True, look at him like Larry Brackins.  Maybe he'll make it.  Maybe he won't.  He's probably worth the risk though.  Worst case, we should get some good humor out of him.

:)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 28, 2008, 07:07:53 PM

King is very intelligent.  His problems were arm strength and motivation.

And tiny, tiny hands.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 28, 2008, 07:10:31 PM

King is very intelligent. His problems were arm strength and motivation.

And tiny, tiny hands.

Ooh, good call

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 28, 2008, 07:34:41 PM

Does anyone find it odd that Dexter Jackson only has like 1-2 highlights of him catching the ball and they're both against Michigan?? Makes me think that he was just filling in as reciever that day and normally just returns kicks.  ???

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 28, 2008, 07:49:12 PM

Does anyone find it odd that Dexter Jackson only has like 1-2 highlights of him catching the ball and they're both against Michigan?? Makes me think that he was just filling in as reciever that day and normally just returns kicks. ???

it's because he only averaged around 3 catches per game against such powerhouses as Citadel, Lenoir-Rhyne, and Wofford.  But then again he wasn't much of a kick returner either.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2008, 02:38:14 PM

From what I saw on film the guy is excellent when used on double or single reverses.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 28, 2008, 10:44:46 PM

He is fast as lightning and if he can also catch he will be put to good use here with Galloway.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 28, 2008, 10:55:03 PM

Here are some Dexter Jackson catches...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeuCmr5dfns

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 28, 2008, 10:59:20 PM

King lacked motivation - to get in shape, to eat right, to learn the O, to read defenses.  His lack of effort let him eat himself out of the league.  If Johnson is ANYTHING like King this was a bad pick.

As for Dexter - we will see - if he can compete effectively in route running, beating the press, and running his routes - his speed will enable him to make an impact  - he appears to be a hard working good kid from a small but successful school - it will be fun to root for his success...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

goobtube

Starter

#27 : April 29, 2008, 02:17:39 AM

I don't buy into that poor combine showing at all DTG. He did fine, sure some of his passes sailed, but he wasn't throwing ducks or throwing short. Timing is key with passing drills, which is why he fared much better working with his rceeivers at his own pro day. I remember watching Jay Cutler and listening to Mayock give commentary a couple of years back aand he made the same argument. Cutlers passes were all crisp and his technique was sound even though he was missing the WRs. We didn't get that type of coverage from Mayock on Johnson because he wasn't one of the featured QBs.

I think we can take the combine and shove it. Production on the NFL field matters and no drill can predict a players knowledge of the game, heart and determination to get better once he gets to the NFL. Plenty of studs have been passed up and plenty of duds have been picked up. There truly is nothing to discuss. Wait until they get on the field to judge.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2008, 08:34:15 AM

If Johnson is a real legitimate NFL talent and he comes here and turns into a player for the Bucs, I think we'll be able to thank his disappointing combine for making him available to the Bucs in round five. If not, then he's only a fifth round pick. Either way, I'm all in favor of giving the kid a chance.

My opinion as well... I admit that I'm in love with his raw skillset, though. The comparisons to Shaun King are so overblown, because King never was this gifted or intelligent. I hope Johnson puts the work in over the next year or two. He's in a better situation than King was, learning behind an established vet and master of this offense in Garcia.

King is very intelligent.  His problems were arm strength and motivation.

Not saying King is stupid.  They had similar wonderlic scores (JJ 24, King 25), but Johnson has been lauded as having incredible football IQ from some reputable sources, which I never really recall for King.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 29, 2008, 09:38:00 AM

Smarts has nothing to do with it.

The real question is "Do YOU Love Football??"

Or is it just a means to an end?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson is not a wide receiver?!?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools