Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson is not a wide receiver?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 29, 2008, 09:59:22 AM

Josh sounds like he's well advanced beyond being a 'project'. He even ran Gruden's WCO in college! I for one am eager to see him in action; this should even make pre-season very palatable.

Back to Dexter. Not even listed as a WR by NFL.com; talk about "flying under the radar"...
I've pored over the receiver info on NFL.com; there's a reason none were taken in round 1; they all had warts of one form or another. Dexter does appear to be a good kid and very coachable.
    In round 2, they were flying off the board. With only 3 picks left after round 2, we really couldn't trade up. I thought it was gutsy for us to trade down at that time, as we still didn't have a receiver. At the time I wondered if we were even gonna get one!
    For now, Bruce seems to have done a super job of maneuvering to get 2 extra picks and still land solid picks at every position.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 29, 2008, 10:06:47 AM

JJ isn't going to get paid on his rookie deal. If he wants it bad enough nothing will stop him. He'll have to earn his $$. Shaun King got a signing bonus and was the local hero. I'm sorry it didn't work out. But according to everything I've seen and read about that situation, he brought it all on himself.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 29, 2008, 10:08:53 AM

I doubt he'll even see the field at WR for a couple of years.   

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 29, 2008, 10:14:20 AM

Does anyone find it odd that Dexter Jackson only has like 1-2 highlights of him catching the ball and they're both against Michigan?? Makes me think that he was just filling in as reciever that day and normally just returns kicks. ???

it's because he only averaged around 3 catches per game against such powerhouses as Citadel, Lenoir-Rhyne, and Wofford.  But then again he wasn't much of a kick returner either.

Bust'n on Wofford just makes you look ignorant.  Should have gone with Wester Carolina or UTC or someone they might have played OOC that wasn't Michigan and not part of the playoffs.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 29, 2008, 10:15:47 AM

That's painful.  He'd have to be a return super star to make sense if that's the case.  I pretty much figured he'd get a snap a WR in the first game.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#35 : April 29, 2008, 11:45:04 AM

First he is a reverse Larry Brackins as he made his mark going against Mich.  Brackins was going against Jr college.  He is the key to this draft the make or break.  IMO he will be worked in slowly at first but will have the advantage of being active every week to return kicks and punts.  I am sure he will run some reverses, screens, patterns that we dont want Joey to get hurt doing.

obuc

Starter

#36 : April 29, 2008, 04:01:35 PM

He had about 50 catches on the year. You also have to realize that with a speed guy like that he will be used as a decoy at times and the defense is going to double team him.  Let's see what he can do with Galloway getting the double teams and the best cover guy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 29, 2008, 05:25:50 PM

Does anyone find it odd that Dexter Jackson only has like 1-2 highlights of him catching the ball and they're both against Michigan?? Makes me think that he was just filling in as reciever that day and normally just returns kicks. ???

it's because he only averaged around 3 catches per game against such powerhouses as Citadel, Lenoir-Rhyne, and Wofford. But then again he wasn't much of a kick returner either.

Bust'n on Wofford just makes you look ignorant. Should have gone with Wester Carolina or UTC or someone they might have played OOC that wasn't Michigan and not part of the playoffs.

it still ain't big boy football.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#38 : April 29, 2008, 06:03:48 PM

Not sure if you guys heard D. Jackson on with Dan Silleo, but His immitation of J. Gruden was freakin Hilarious!!!!! I like this Kid Already! He's got some personality!!!

Luke McCown, QB of the Future

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#39 : April 29, 2008, 06:26:20 PM

Thanks for the Link! Those draftguys seem to be pretty knowledgeable. Thanks again!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 29, 2008, 07:18:41 PM

That's painful. He'd have to be a return super star to make sense if that's the case. I pretty much figured he'd get a snap a WR in the first game.

I'm sure Gruden will try to work him in as soon as possible.   I just doubt jackson will be able to step up for a couple of years.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson is not a wide receiver?!?! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools