Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade bait « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: April 28, 2008, 06:53:53 AM

We are hip deep in LBs and QBs. Geno Hayes will make several good players expendable. Not sure Gradkowski would draw any interest from anyone but Simms should be good for a late round pick in next year's draft. This is going to be a very interesting off-season.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 28, 2008, 06:54:46 AM

I'm not sure Hayes makes anyone expendable per se. I really think we drafted him for the PS to be honest.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 28, 2008, 10:21:16 AM

The Bucs won't get anything for Simms or Gradkowski. 

Raideneers

Starter

#3 : April 28, 2008, 11:06:12 AM

Please don't kill the "Trade Simms & Grads for picks next year" mojo.

I hope you are wrong but in the back of my mind fear you may be right. Again, lets hope not.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 28, 2008, 11:07:30 AM

I'm not sure Hayes makes anyone expendable per se. I really think we drafted him for the PS to be honest.

Even if he doesn't wind up on the PS, it's guys like Antoine Cash that I would expect him to make expendable.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 28, 2008, 11:38:47 AM

I hope you are wrong but in the back of my mind fear you may be right. Again, lets hope not.

In order to trade, you need a trade PARTNER.  That's what a lot of people here fail to realize.

Who's gonna want Simms and Gradkowski?  ESPECIALLY when they know the Bucs are going to most likely cut them anyways?!?!?!?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 28, 2008, 11:47:45 AM

Let's start with the premise that BA is a shrewed 'horse trader'. Remember the Oben, Mccardell, Meshawn heists? BA has been stockpiling QB's for a couple of years now. I'm not saying that he won't get zip for these QB's but I do believe he has a plan and I'm anxious to see what kind of magic he works. Plummer is not officially retired and Simms, grads & Luke have a bunch of NFL starts, are young and cheap. I do believe that chicken salad can be made out of chicken........ We'll see.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 28, 2008, 11:53:46 AM

Let's start with the premise that BA is a shrewed 'horse trader'. Remember the Oben, Mccardell, Meshawn heists? BA has been stockpiling QB's for a couple of years now. I'm not saying that he won't get zip for these QB's but I do believe he has a plan and I'm anxious to see what kind of magic he works. Plummer is not officially retired and Simms, grads & Luke have a bunch of NFL starts, are young and cheap. I do believe that chicken salad can be made out of chicken........ We'll see.

I think most folks don't consider the Oben trade a "heist".  At least not in our favor.

bucbeast

Second String
#8 : April 28, 2008, 11:57:28 AM

Yup a trade partner would be the catalyst for unloading either of these guys and youre right, who the hell would want that pair anyhow?..................... But, if we cant work a trade out we could always sell their organs for profit, of course we would get less for Simms than Grads, but at least were getting something!................................ right?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 28, 2008, 12:28:40 PM

By themselves, Simms and Grads aren't worth much.  But if we include them in a package of picks they could be used as "deal sweeteners".  Probably use them to try to get a Taylor or WR ala a 3rd+5th and Simms for Taylor + a 6th,  something like that just to make the charts balance.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 28, 2008, 12:31:55 PM

They wouldn't receive a high pick for Simms but I can see a team who needs a backup trading a 5-7 rd pick to the Bucs just to make sure they get him rather than allowing him to hit the open market and go wherever it is that he wants to go.

Not sure they get anything for Grads.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 28, 2008, 12:46:12 PM

well. with simms...you wouldn't have to worry about spleen injuries.... :-

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 28, 2008, 12:46:53 PM

trade brooks!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : April 28, 2008, 12:59:20 PM

In order to trade, you need a trade PARTNER.  That's what a lot of people here fail to realize.

Who's gonna want Simms and Gradkowski?  ESPECIALLY when they know the Bucs are going to most likely cut them anyways?!?!?!?
The same reason we traded for Griese...?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 28, 2008, 01:22:50 PM

Luke McCown might draw some interest.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade bait « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools