Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From going 16-0 and dome-field advantage to not even getting a bye..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

T

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 10, 2006, 10:05:25 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure of how many of you actually live in Tampa but if Dungy didn't do it here, I don't want him to do it anywhere. Especially how much all of the casual bandwagoners who call sportsradio and root on Dungy in the Playoffs. Dungy is a choke artist just like Manning. I appreciate everything Dungy HELPED do here along with the Glazers & Rich McKay, but Dungy lacks the killer instinct to EVER win a championship. The people here in Tampa need to learn to know the difference being a good man and being a good coach. If Dungy was anywhere but Indy he'd already have been fired.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 10, 2006, 10:15:49 PM

I would suspect it is pretty fair to offer some advice back to you.  If you don't have something say about the current buc team you should simply keep your arbitrary, ill thought out, mean spirited and hate filled thoughts to your self.  I knew the man, he is a better man than I am, and one of the best men I have ever met. 

I would like a man like that to win - it is certainly fine for you to feel otherwise, but your rationale speaks poorly of you, not Tony Dungy.  Of course that is simply my opinion, for which I do not apologize.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 10, 2006, 10:17:15 PM

I can't say I am surprised. This has ALWAYS been Dungy's problem. He can get to the playoffs without much problem. But he can't win when he gets there.

The Colts will not make the Super Bowl again this year. And their window is starting to close.

T

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 10, 2006, 10:24:59 PM

I would suspect it is pretty fair to offer some advice back to you. If you don't have something say about the current buc team you should simply keep your arbitrary, ill thought out, mean spirited and hate filled thoughts to your self. I knew the man, he is a better man than I am, and one of the best men I have ever met.

I would like a man like that to win - it is certainly fine for you to feel otherwise, but your rationale speaks poorly of you, not Tony Dungy. Of course that is simply my opinion, for which I do not apologize.
Your advice is heard. I'm sorry I'm loyal to the Bucs and NO ex players or COACHES. I respect what Dungy did for this organazation but I'm a die hard fan of the Buccaneers, not of any one coach or player. My January prediction for Dungy is he'll be in Tampa watching the Super Bowl with his arms folded.

#19 : December 10, 2006, 10:31:52 PM

Tony getting the Lombardi would be great. Good guys don't win often enough in this world, and he is a great guy.

The good guy that will hoist the Lombardi this year wears #21.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 10, 2006, 10:35:51 PM

This has little to nothing to do with being loyal to the bucs by any stretch of the imagination.  Nice try on the cover platitudes towards yourself, and your prediction is similar to may anticipation.  But bucs are gonna be there, so if you have nothing but negatives to posts why not simply keep ill words and thoughts to yourself.  Lots of folks do think well of Tony.  Let them without needless posts which disrespect him.  I'd done with you on this one.  

And HDE, I think you are on track with your prediction.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#21 : December 10, 2006, 10:39:39 PM

Tony getting the Lombardi would be great. Good guys don't win often enough in this world, and he is a great guy.

The good guy that will hoist the Lombardi this year wears #21.

Nnamdi Asomugha?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 10, 2006, 10:56:08 PM

AAAHHHH, it seems there is confusion Senior, it is a 21 but not in black and silver.....

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 11, 2006, 12:36:17 AM

As a guy, Tony is a great guy and you can't really deny that he is a good coach. If the Bucs hadn't gotten the Colts 2nd for Booger, I would have liked for Tony to get his ring as the Bucs aren't gonna make the playoffs anyway. But thats not the case anymore. Since I want what best for the Bucs, I hope the Colts lose every game in the reg season, and get knocked out of playoffs. The worst the Colts are, the higher their draft position is and the more I smile about the Bucs getting rid of dead weight like Booger for a top 60 pick.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From going 16-0 and dome-field advantage to not even getting a bye..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools