Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo Sports draft grades « previous next »
Page: 1

: April 28, 2008, 10:53:18 AM

One note: (Dexter)Jackson hasn’t played in a pro-style offense, but he’s got a ton of quickness and athleticism. Despite his lack of elite size, it wouldn’t be a shocker to see him develop into the best wideout from this draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoH8i2LpqUi3ce4_iC0RnTgyNbgF?slug=cr-2008nfcdraftgrades042808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now who was a reach again?

#1 : April 28, 2008, 10:56:55 AM

honestly, I think he'll be good right when he hits the field in training camp

#2 : April 28, 2008, 11:03:43 AM

It wouldn't be a shocker, but I'd say he has a 50/50 shot at being a successful WR as a pro. I fully expect very good things from him as a return guy.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 28, 2008, 11:05:06 AM

One note: (Dexter)Jackson hasn’t played in a pro-style offense, but he’s got a ton of quickness and athleticism. Despite his lack of elite size, it wouldn’t be a shocker to see him develop into the best wideout from this draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoH8i2LpqUi3ce4_iC0RnTgyNbgF?slug=cr-2008nfcdraftgrades042808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Now who was a reach again?

On the flip side, NFL.com didn't even have him listed as a WR, just a KR.  Their draft tracker showed that we didn't address our need at WR.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 28, 2008, 11:10:46 AM

I think it's more of an indictment of a weak, weird wide receiver class than an endorsement of Jackson.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#5 : April 28, 2008, 11:18:17 AM

Hopefully develops into Steve Smith South

#6 : April 28, 2008, 11:58:07 AM

I think it's more of an indictment of a weak, weird wide receiver class than an endorsement of Jackson.

Or just a draft with a lot of elite level talent at every other position...the WR class was solid but so was everywhere else
When you have a Mendenhall, a Sam Baker, and Kenny Phillips all in the start of the season slotted at the top 10 picks fall to the bottom of the round you have to ask yourself are they really that bad or is just everybody that good?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo Sports draft grades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools