Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tommy Blake TCU - working out for Tampa this weekend « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#15 : April 28, 2008, 03:44:09 PM

Yes that is the Oakland C's name.
Barrett Robbins
Yeah that's the Oakland guy, not sure if Unc meant him or someone else though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 28, 2008, 03:47:42 PM

Risky business man.

FOr those screaming "character issues", this is on a whole different level man. The guy is talented, definitely. BUt he is also a possibility to miss a practice, a flight, just bail at any second. Can you imagine Coyer and Kiff barking at him for screwing a drill up, what that will do to him (potentially)?

Hope his meds are solid, hope he figures "it" out, whatever "it" is, and hope he can lead a productive life, in or out of football.

But would I take a chance on him? Not a chance.

There is a world of difference in risk on a 1st round pick vs an UDFA

noopy2237

Starter
#17 : April 28, 2008, 03:48:35 PM

I believe B. Robins also had an incident where he was shot in Miami.  Not to sure.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : April 28, 2008, 03:53:45 PM

I believe B. Robins also had an incident where he was shot in Miami.  Not to sure.
Yeah he was shot by Cops in an "apparent burglary attempt".

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 28, 2008, 04:00:13 PM

"...and it was later revealed that Blake suffers from both depression and social anxiety disorder...."

http://deadspin.com/384121/so-will-anybody-draft-troubled-tommy-blake

He can play in the NFL. He just would need a little extra attention.
I would be careful if im the bucs though, doubt he makes the team.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 28, 2008, 05:19:13 PM

No. It wasn't Robbins in Miami. It was someone else. DT if I remember correctly. Highsmith?

The other player I think was Spielman or something like that. Also played defense-maybe DE. He was bad news. He got arrested also, IIRC.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 28, 2008, 05:23:21 PM

Scholty,

Where is local paper? No city/state in your profile.

noopy2237

Starter
#22 : April 28, 2008, 05:27:51 PM

http://forums.chargers.com/archive/index.php/t-19342.html

Heres a link to Barret Robbins being shot by police in Miami.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 28, 2008, 05:32:53 PM

Uncle,  Fort Worth, Texas....

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#24 : April 28, 2008, 05:37:46 PM

I think he has a legit chance to make this team as a situational rusher... So long as the crazy stays away for a bit.

Isn't he Bi-Polar? I believe I read something on him about that.

he's not crazy you idiot. he struggles with clinical depression and anxiety disorders.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 28, 2008, 06:03:35 PM

Anyone remember Colmer? Drafted with an illness and never made it.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 28, 2008, 06:04:42 PM

Scholty,

Why not put it in your profile?

Just sayin.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#27 : April 28, 2008, 06:05:00 PM

Dimitrius Paul Underwood (born March 29, 1977 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is a former professional American football defensive end for the NFL's Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins, and Dallas Cowboys. Underwood also had a brief stint in the Canadian Football League's Ottawa Renegades in mid-2005.

Underwood played college football for Michigan State University and was selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the 29th overall pick in the 1999 NFL Draft. However, Underwood had missed most of his senior year, and his coaches at Michigan State warned NFL scouts that he wasn't mentally stable enough to play in the NFL.

After being drafted, he signed a five year, $5.3 million contract in August 1, 1999 but walked out of training camp the next day and never returned, saying he could not resolve the conflict between playing football and serving his Christian faith. The Vikings released him later that month. Underwood would later change his mind and decided to return to the NFL. He was claimed on waivers by the Miami Dolphins after 23 teams passed on him, but showed a lack of focus towards football. Multiple times during team meetings, Underwood was found not taking notes, but instead writing scripture about the apocalypse. He only played one preseason game for the Dolphins before getting injured.

In September 1999, Underwood attempted to commit suicide by slashing his own neck before repeatedly yelling "I'm not worthy of God". According to his mother, an ordained minister, his behavior had been influenced by attending the Immanuel's Temple Community Church in Lansing, Michigan; which she describes as a "cult that's posing as a church." The church's pastor stated that neither he nor his wife had ever counseled Underwood and that no one in the church told Underwood to leave football.

Underwood later spent two months in protective care and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. After he escaped from a psychiatric care facility, he was released from the Dolphins in December 1999. He later signed a two-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys. During the 2000-2001 seasons, Underwood had 21 tackles and 4 sacks in 19 games. In January 2001, he tried to kill himself for the second time by running into traffic twice on a busy suburban highway. The Cowboys released him later that month.

After four years out of football, Underwood resurfaced in the CFL with the Ottawa Renegades. However, he was cut during the preseason.

In 2007 he was arrested and is now currently at the Philadelphia Industrial Correctional Center (PICC). He is housed on the unit for the mentally disturbed (K Unit).[citation needed]

gharen

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 28, 2008, 06:34:44 PM

It's a win win. We invested nothing in him, if he doesn't make it fine, BUT, if he gets his head on straight, he was going to be picked in the top half of the first round! The guy is arguably a better pass rusher than Adams was at the same time.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 28, 2008, 06:39:30 PM

Having a family member with bi-polar, I wouldn't touch Blake if it is bi-polar.

having gone out with a girl that was bi-polar I'd agree.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tommy Blake TCU - working out for Tampa this weekend « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools