Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama "outraged" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2008, 02:21:24 AM

I want to believe that these candidates are new and different but how can I feel like that when we all see what is going on?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2008, 02:32:08 AM

No kidding. I'll start giving a crap when one of these guys gets elected and actually does what they say they are going to do during their term. Which pretty much means never.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 30, 2008, 07:50:00 AM

No kidding. I'll start giving a crap when one of these guys gets elected and actually does what they say they are going to do during their term. Which pretty much means never.

So in the mean time, feel free to sit on the sidelines until then...

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2008, 08:40:39 AM

I will dr3, or I guess I could be like the average dumb American who rushes out to the polls to cast their vote for a candidate who lied to them for months. Only to see that candidate do absolutely nothing while in office. And then watch that cycle repeat itself until our country is down the toilet and the dollar is worth less than a bag of hair or oil exec's are retiring with a 400 million dollar pension while many hard working American families can't even afford to live. Oh wait, those things have already happened. Where do I pick up my sheep costume?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2008, 08:54:44 AM

And then watch that cycle repeat itself until our country is down the toilet and the dollar is worth less than a bag of hair
Good thing I have been saving hair for years.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 30, 2008, 10:00:07 AM

I've been living well for the last 8 years, (very well) so I think its less about whos in office and more
about who's typing on a keyboard...

If and when you do get that sheep costume, you could always trade it in for a motivated American costume...
Show me someone that can not afford to live and I'll show you something that they have done wrong.

I will dr3, or I guess I could be like the average dumb American who rushes out to the polls to cast their vote for a candidate who lied to them for months. Only to see that candidate do absolutely nothing while in office. And then watch that cycle repeat itself until our country is down the toilet and the dollar is worth less than a bag of hair or oil exec's are retiring with a 400 million dollar pension while many hard working American families can't even afford to live. Oh wait, those things have already happened. Where do I pick up my sheep costume?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 30, 2008, 10:41:38 AM

I've been living well for the last 8 years, (very well) so I think its less about whos in office and more

If and when you do get that sheep costume, you could always trade it in for a motivated American costume...
Show me someone that can not afford to live and I'll show you something that they have done wrong.

AKA, you're better than everyone. Got it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 30, 2008, 11:09:27 AM

Hey, if things are going well for Doc, that's really all that matters. If anybody is going through a hardship
of any kind, it's their own fault. No health insurance? Their own fault. Just lost their job due to a sluggish
economy? Their fault.

And as far as sitting on the sidelines? There are other candidates that deserve a chance but for most
Americans, those candidates don't look or speak the right way. These candidates also have ideas that
are different than what we have been hearing over and over from the two parties and they have been
labeled as kooks or crazy.

We can vote for somebody different this time or we can whine over and over again about the same
things and same kind of candidates. And when one of them gets elected, the same people who
voted for them will whine and whine and whine.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 30, 2008, 12:32:59 PM

There you go again putting words in others mouths.
I never said that.

Now am I living a  better life then say.......you, YES.
Am I proud of that, YES. I worked my ass off to be where I am now. NOTHING WAS GIVEN TO ME! Why should I be ashamed of that??
You people act as if success is a crime against humanity.
Hey over $600 a check comes out of my check to help pay for the people that have hardships (medicare, medicaid, etc). Even counting those that
"screw the system" aka those 26 year old single moms with 3 kids and no job (with no intention of working).

My life (like my opinions) is/are my own, I couldnt care less if someone from a message board thinks  that I think im better then everyone.
That to me is funny considering the person that made that comment about me posts as if he himself is an elitist.

Take life with a grain of salt, everyday thank your lucky stars your an American (people put their lives on the line to come here for a reason),
if you really want to make a change POSTING COMMENTS ON MESSAGE BOARDS IS NOT A GREAT PLACE TO START.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 30, 2008, 01:04:37 PM

I never said that.

Now am I living a better life then say.......you, YES.
Am I proud of that, YES. I worked my butt off to be where I am now. NOTHING WAS GIVEN TO ME! Why should I be ashamed of that??
Hey over $600 a check comes out of my check to help pay for the people that have hardships (medicare, medicaid, etc). Even counting those that
"screw the system" aka those 26 year old single moms with 3 kids and no job (with no intention of working).

My life (like my opinions) is/are my own, I couldnt care less if someone from a message board thinks that I think im better then everyone.
That to me is funny considering the person that made that comment about me posts as if he himself is an elitist.

Take life with a grain of salt, everyday thank your lucky stars your an American (people put their lives on the line to come here for a reason),
if you really want to make a change POSTING COMMENTS ON MESSAGE BOARDS IS NOT A GREAT PLACE TO START.

Amusing comments, considering you don't know me from that last president you voted for that laughed his way to the bank. I'm pretty sure I'm not an elitist, I'm also pretty sure I never said I was. BTW, money is everything, really it is. You should feel superior to all because you have it. Or possibly you should feel pathetic for believing a useless man made object has given you a "better life" than myself or others. It's funny, sometimes no matter how old someone is they are still fooled into thinking the larger their bank account the better the person and happier they will be.

Something you don't seem to be understanding is there are literally millions of people out there who work just as hard and even harder than you do, and they don't have jack. Oh wait, I forgot you would be able to sit those people down and show them where they went wrong. Poor souls, if they only knew you their lives could be so much better.  Don't fool yourself into thinking you are above anyone or deserve more simply for the amount of work you feel you have put into someting. I know millionares who haven't done a damn thing in their life and I know people just getting by who have busted their butt. What a ridiculous post by you.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 30, 2008, 01:44:49 PM

Please tell me its not a Law degree your getting, please tell me your really a philosophy major. That would really make more sense.
Im pretty sure you never said you were either (elitist), but since you LOVE to put words in others mouths, touché.

Amusing comments from someone that does not know me from someone that they have no intrest in voting for but yet act as we are all idiots for voting
in the first place (sheep was it?) naaaaaaaaaaa your not an elitist.

Do you know how hard I work? Do you know how many hours of sleep I get? How about you give me an example of someone in the US that works harder?
Here is a news flash for you (it may be hard for you to understand).

THERE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE PEOPLE GOING THROUGH HARDSHIPS, ALWAYS. That's a part of life.
I would LOVE to give you a written bio on my life maybe then you can see that I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, nor was anything given to me
or my hardworking family. I am where I am thanks to myself (and the United States Military for which I am proud to have served).

Do I think im above anyone? No Do I think im better then anyone? Hell no! Do I think I work just as hard (if not harder) then anyone. Yes.
I've gotten to where I am today through hard work and dedication. Something thats seriously lacking in this day and age of "What about me"

To those millionaries that you know, I guarantee you in thier family tree there is ONE person that busted his/her butt just for thier families to be
set for the rest of thier lives. Not saying they are right for acting like they do.

I may be not be a millionaire (yet), but when I do become one, NOBODY can say I have not done a damn thing to deserve it.
And again im proud of that.

GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULD NOT BE? Just one?

I never said that.

Now am I living a better life then say.......you, YES.
Am I proud of that, YES. I worked my butt off to be where I am now. NOTHING WAS GIVEN TO ME! Why should I be ashamed of that??

My life (like my opinions) is/are my own, I couldnt care less if someone from a message board thinks that I think im better then everyone.

Amusing comments, considering you don't know me from that last president you voted for that laughed his way to the bank. I'm pretty sure I'm not an elitist, I'm also pretty sure I never said I was. BTW, money is everything, really it is. You should feel superior to all because you have it. Or possibly you should feel pathetic for believing a useless man made object has given you a "better life" than myself or others. It's funny, sometimes no matter how old someone is they are still fooled into thinking the larger their bank account the better the person and happier they will be.

Something you don't seem to be understanding is there are literally millions of people out there who work just as hard and even harder than you do, and they don't have jack. Oh wait, I forgot you would be able to sit those people down and show them where they went wrong. Poor souls, if they only knew you their lives could be so much better. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are above anyone or deserve more simply for the amount of work you feel you have put into someting. I know millionares who haven't done a damn thing in their life and I know people just getting by who have busted their butt. What a ridiculous post by you.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#26 : April 30, 2008, 01:50:01 PM

At one time, used to think like a liberal - used to believe in social programs for everyone, bring up the less fortunate Americans. 

No more. You want a place to live, food on the table, health care?  Get yourself educated and earn it.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 30, 2008, 02:23:58 PM

Is that a bad thing?
At one time, used to think like a liberal - used to believe in social programs for everyone, bring up the less fortunate Americans.

No more. You want a place to live, food on the table, health care? Get yourself educated and earn it.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 30, 2008, 04:52:31 PM

No more. You want a place to live, food on the table, health care? Get yourself educated and earn it.

Winston Churchill had it right when he stated:  Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 30, 2008, 04:56:58 PM

Obama missed a golden oportunity 2x to get voters and moderates in his corner, he should have just said that Wright has lost it.  There is no way ANYONE can serve in public office yet alone president when you have an "adviser" believing the US government created crack to wipe out minorities and telling the masses this.  Obama is a brilliant man and will make a great college professor or corporate lawyer and have a great future but he will never become a leading political leader in this country ever again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama "outraged" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools