Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tom Brady « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 25, 2009, 02:09:20 PM

I would definetely take Brady.

Look at the last three big name QBs stat lines the season following an MCL/ACL injury.

Palmer: 28 TDs
Rivers: 31 TDs
McNabb: 19 TDs 7 Int

The guy is virtually match up proof and has an absoluetely stellar supporting cast.

The only thing you need to worry about is his fantasy playoff schedule (weeks 14-16) They are all outdoor games with the potential for bad weather. Even in Brady's most impressive fantasy season ('07) he put up a whoping 2 fantasy points against the Jets in a windy, rainy slop game week fifteen.

Brady has averaged 29 TDs per season the last six years (not counting '08) while Manning has averaged 32. However with that said, Brady has far better WRs than Manning, he doesn't have to deal with a completely revamped coaching staff, and has something to prove.

So I would back your selection of Brady.

But I'm by no means a fantasy genious or expert.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 25, 2009, 03:41:12 PM

I'll take Brees over Brady here is why. All 8 home games are played in a dome so weather is a non factor plus he plays @ ATL another dome for a division game. Brees plays in a pass happy system. Sean Payton seems allergic to run the ball.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 25, 2009, 06:27:17 PM

I'm still confused as to why a nonkeeper league is picking in reverse order of the previous year's finish.  And why the hell is a 60 yard TD Pass worth 12 points?   ???

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 02, 2009, 07:35:53 PM

I think Carson Palmer is a good sleeper pick.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#19 : August 10, 2009, 11:07:34 PM

Tom Brady is Tom Brady he probably won't put up 2007 numbers but come on he is gonna perform.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 21, 2009, 12:31:11 AM

Aaron Rodgers is the guy i want this year.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 24, 2009, 01:58:58 AM

He is also a great sleeper. That throwback game may feel like a throwback.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 24, 2009, 03:59:11 AM

pfft Carson is my second stringer.    ;)   I had the choice between him and McNabb.   I went Palmer, I think he has a good year.    Brees will start all but his bye week I'm sure.   I like having Palmer to fall back on though.

As for on topic I like Brady and would put him in my top 3.   I'd take Brees and Manning over him.   

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 24, 2009, 02:21:13 PM

pfft Carson is my second stringer.    ;)   I had the choice between him and McNabb.   I went Palmer, I think he has a good year.    Brees will start all but his bye week I'm sure.   I like having Palmer to fall back on though.

As for on topic I like Brady and would put him in my top 3.   I'd take Brees and Manning over him.   

Mcnabb is a guy I like this year in fantasy too. I think I would of went with Mcnabb.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 24, 2009, 10:36:13 PM

pfft Carson is my second stringer.�   ;)   I had the choice between him and McNabb.   I went Palmer, I think he has a good year.    Brees will start all but his bye week I'm sure.   I like having Palmer to fall back on though.

Mcnabb is a guy I like this year in fantasy too. I think I would of went with Mcnabb.

Was a complete toss up.   Like I said he might only play during the bye week anyway.   It came down to who had the easier schedule.   Bengals don't have to play the NFC East twice.   

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 24, 2009, 11:59:06 PM

Was a complete toss up. Like I said he might only play during the bye week anyway. It came down to who had the easier schedule. Bengals don't have to play the NFC East twice.

But they do have to play the Ravens and Steelers twice.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 27, 2009, 07:15:58 PM

Was a complete toss up. Like I said he might only play during the bye week anyway. It came down to who had the easier schedule. Bengals don't have to play the NFC East twice.

But they do have to play the Ravens and Steelers twice.

Call me crazy but I don't see the Ravens being all that special this year.     Even if they are Brees is my guy.   Palmer may see two weeks of action.  I'll check who they play the week of the Saints bye week.  Hopefully it's not the Steelers or Ravens defense.

Saints bye is week 5....which just happens to be the week the Bengals play Baltimore at Baltimore lol.   Oh well....my season will come down to more then one week.  All I got to do is get in the playoffs and dominate there like I did last year.   I'm going back to back championship.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 28, 2009, 09:59:59 PM

Uh oh!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 28, 2009, 10:13:20 PM

He will be fine. He could move it and will just need to work it out

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 29, 2009, 12:39:36 AM

So far this preseason, Rodgers is 27/38 458 yds 6 tds....... primed for a MVP season. And I've gotta have him.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tom Brady « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools