Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your immediate draft pick reactions « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#15 : May 01, 2008, 03:01:53 AM

Talib - I thought "Aww crap Thomas is on the phone" and then i was surprised it wasn't Jenkins but thought that the Risk/Rewards was perfect for where we got him Ala Warren Sapp

Jackson - "Yes we are getting more picks"..."Aww CRAP Gruden got caught with his pants down" "STUPID PACKERS"  "Good make up pick with speed"  "I bet Gruden didn't think Green Bay would be dumb and take Brohm"

Zuttah - Read it on the Ticker "Dang it Dre Moore must have already come off the board"..."GRUDEN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING DRE MOORE IS STILL THERE" "Atleast now we have good depth"

Moore - "YES!" "What a move trading up to get the player you wanted" "I bet we only traded up because Gruden got greedy for draft picks and missed out on Brohm" "I can handle losing Brohm if it means upgrading the pass rush"

Johnson - I thought "I bet atleast 3 guys on pewterreport just spilt their beer all over there keyboards as they were jumping for joy"..."Its weird that the Bucs actually got someone that some fans were hyping for once"

Hayes - "This is a free pick, one we didn't even have a week ago, Go ahead Bruce pick some no name player that is going to require me to go look him up on the NET" (To my friend)"I bet you ten bucks that i have NO idea who this pick is"..."CRAP, The Bucs actually draft a big name player low"*Gives friend 10 dollars*  "Great upside... Still sucks that i lost money"

Boyd - "Another pick we didn't have earlier good job for making trades Bruce"

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 01, 2008, 03:17:18 AM

4b. Moore- *jumped out of my seat at the local Fridays during lunch and gave a hearty fist pump in approval

Is you fist pump like Gruden's from the super bowl or Tigers at the masters... or the steady Jordan's fist clench in the finals

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 01, 2008, 11:26:15 AM

Now that some time has passed and I can somewhat non emotionally look at the draft, here are my thoughts.

Talib. Came into the draft wanting a CB real bad, I was happy with getting a solid one.

D Jax. Unless we traded up (which I wouldn't have wanted to do) and the run on WR, I don't think this is a bad pick. Think there is excellent potential and you can't knock his speed. May finally solve return problem.

Zuttah.  Great pick! IMO top interior muliti purpose lineman. Will certainly beef up the weak right side-we had no one behind Trueblood and he could give Joseph some needed push. Could ultimately be our starting center.

Moore. Never once thought he would drop to 4th. Saw most mocks with him going in the 3rd. Good move to move up to get him.

Johnson.  Right pick in right round.

Hayes. We didn't even have a 6th or 7th when the draft started. So anything here or below is a plus. Surprised Hayes fell below 5th round. Thought he might even go in the 4th.

Boyd. Knew nothing about him till I read up on him after he was drafted. Am now impressed. Solid runner-led team last 2 years in rushing. Overcame severe extreme difficulties to make something of himself. Could easily make P.S.

We went into the draft with only 5 picks and came out with 7. Don't think there were any bad picks. We came into the draft needing a UT, WR, CB and QB and got em all and then some.
Better than average draft-on paper.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 01, 2008, 11:35:34 AM

So Uncle Stan, your first reactions were all pewter colored homer reactions?

Dont get me wrong, I always turn out to loving the drafts a week after the draft, but that draft day, I'm always pissed.  In 2004, I was pissed at Cooper and Clayton.  In 2006, I was baffled with Joseph going so early.  This year, I hated our 2nd round blunder by trading down and missing out on quality players.  Also didn't care for Zuttah pick.

Regardless, I trust the front office

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 01, 2008, 12:05:34 PM

Badabing,

Guess its in the eye of the beholder.

Trading down and missing Brohm and Henne, to me was no loss as I didn't want either one. Would certainly not call it a blunder. If the Bucs really wanted Brohm, my guess is they would have taken him in round 1 as there was very little likelihood he would be there for our #2 pick.
Certainly no one really expected him to fall that far. Don't think the Bucs were interested in any QB except JJ and they got him.
There was no WR with D JAx speed that we missed out on-but there still some big ones. Only time will tell.

My initial reactions were about #6 and #7. But after I did some research, I liked them. Kinda wanted D.J Hall AFTER we got the extra picks.

I loved the Zuttah pick for the reasons I gave.

Like you, have to believe the FO knows what they are doing.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 01, 2008, 12:06:19 PM

Talib=Huh?
DJ=Why here?
Zuttah=Good value!
Moore=Great value!
JJ=OUTSTANDING!
Hayes=Good value!
Boyd=Good value!

You must be accountable for your actions!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 01, 2008, 05:31:25 PM

Anyone willing to admit your immediate reaction or thought (if any) with each draft pick, please comment.

Talib - I thought "What???", as I didn't want a CB or WR in round 1. I am wiser now and like the pick!

Jackson - Something like "Whew - we got the last top-tier speed guy left". The trade down made me wonder if we were even gonna take him!

Zuttah - "I know this name".  I like him the more I read on him.

Moore - "YES!"

Johnson - "YES!"

Hayes - "Why the h... are we picking a LB?". I don't follow FSU and didn't realize he was so young.

Boyd - "Why the h... are we picking a RB?". I'd never heard of him, but after reading on him I like the possibility of his developing into a combo RB/FB; he seems to have the mentality to do that.

Talib - WHAT? Defense AGAIN?
Jackson - YES!
Zuttah - WHO? Why the hell do we need another guard?
Moore - YES! AWESOME!
JJ - YES! FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC. (I think I did a little dance, too)
Hayes - Yawn
Boyd - Annoyed, would have rather had Anthony Alridge.

#22 : May 01, 2008, 06:02:54 PM

My immediate reaction is, as usual, 'wait and see.'

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 01, 2008, 08:18:38 PM

Talib:  Surprised. we weren't really linked to him and ESPN was showing Devin Thomas answering his cell phone when we were on the clock. Although surprised, i wasn't disappointed given our need at corner.
Jackson:  Reach.  I like the player but that was too early to draft a small school project guy. 
Zuttah:  What the hell?  O-line is arguably one of our strongest position groups.  You dont burn a high pick (rds 1-3) on a player unless you project him to start within his first couple years.  Where is he going to play?  I know he adds depth and versatility but you dont spend a 3rd on a guy whose upside is a backup OG/OT swing player. 
Moore:  Very happy.  I liked this guy much better than Balmer who went higher.  Great value getting him this late.  I wouldn't have minded taking him in the 2nd or 3rd. 
Johnson:  Not bad.  I figured as the draft progressed further that we might take a flyer on Johnson or Woodson as a developmental QB.  If we really are cutting ties with Simms and Grads I have no problem with adding a young gun to the mix. 
Hayes:  Like Moore, great value pick.  As an FSU grad, i've watched this guy closely and he has legit day 1 talent.  Sure we have a ton of backup LBs but guys like Joe, Cash, McCoy dont have the pedigree, upside or raw talnt of Hayes. 
Boyd:  Not bad.  Like Darby last year, we took another late rd flyer on a SEC tested RB with some versatility. i'm not as high on aldridge as many of you are. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 01, 2008, 08:33:25 PM

Talib: Woah, what?!?!
Jackson: Okay
Zuttah: what are we thinking?
Moore: Yes, good pick
Johnson: Good vaule
Boyd: Yuck.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 02, 2008, 11:05:02 AM

Talib: Hell yeah! Talib has the skills and swagger and skills to be a star. Love giving Raheem more talent to work with.

Jackson: Aaargh. Damn Iggles took DeSean at 49. I was yelling to trade up when he slid to the 40s. I guess we had to reach here to make sure we got a speed guy.

Zuttah: Um, okay, thought the OL interior was already a strength.

Moore: YES!! Perfect. Finally a true UT prospect. Was hoping we'd land him.

Johnson: That pick will make some folks very happy. It's a flier. Pre-season will be fun to watch at least.

Geno: Excellent pick. Guy has some serious talent. Only 20.

Boyd: Ok good, a RB. That rounds things out.

gdavis

Starter

#26 : May 02, 2008, 11:38:16 AM

talib - ugh. cason/flowers seem a better fit and mendenhall was staring us down.

jackson - reach. brohm or even sweed was staring us down.

zuttah - big uglies are fine by me.

moore - love the trade up.

johnson - wasted pick for our QB situation.

hayes - schmitt staring us down.

boyd - he always runs tough.

but a couple hours later and i was happy with our draft.

Agree.  I like the Geno Hayes pick though.  He would've been a first rounder if he would have stayed another year. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

#27 : May 02, 2008, 01:05:58 PM

Anyone willing to admit your immediate reaction or thought (if any) with each draft pick, please comment.

Talib - I thought "What???", as I didn't want a CB or WR in round 1. I am wiser now and like the pick!

Jackson - Something like "Whew - we got the last top-tier speed guy left". The trade down made me wonder if we were even gonna take him!

Zuttah - "I know this name".  I like him the more I read on him.

Moore - "YES!"

Johnson - "YES!"

Hayes - "Why the h... are we picking a LB?". I don't follow FSU and didn't realize he was so young.

Boyd - "Why the h... are we picking a RB?". I'd never heard of him, but after reading on him I like the possibility of his developing into a combo RB/FB; he seems to have the mentality to do that.

Talib- Great pick

Dexter Jackson--excited

Zuttah - At first I said Another Guard??? But I am fine with it now

Moore- Great Value

Johnson- Excited

Hayes- Not impressed...big mouth not a lot to history of backing it up

Boyd- 7th rounder whats the risk??

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 02, 2008, 01:14:32 PM

1.talib with mendenhall still there what the heck?
2.jackson? 2nd round wow his stock really must have gone up.from 4th round to here wow.
3.zuttah? not another damn lineman.man how many are we gonna draft.one a friggin year.
4.dre moore.good finally a pick i agree with.
5.johnson.i hope he is as good as he seems.maybe another garcia.
6.hayes.an fsu lb not bad.might be a diamond in thr rough type.
7.boyd.a rb/fb type.heck what do you want for a 7th rounder.training camp legs.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#29 : May 02, 2008, 01:26:01 PM

talib- suprised thaught we were going to go WR after each one fell to us. Then was happy cause I knew we could get one round 2.

trade down- what why you trading down when we have Sweed on the board?

Jackson - I actually wanted this kid in a later round but glad we did actually draft a speedy wr.

zuttah - suprised but thaught about it more. If one of our guards goes down who do we have to step in and play just as well. Liked it more as the day went on.

Moore- great move to trade up and get a solid dt who can actually make an impact year one and in rd 4.

hayes - I thaught we dont need another lb. Was wanting Anthony Aldridge here.

boyd - didnt see the pick but I didnt really know much about this guy to begin with. I think Ken Darby will beat him out though.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your immediate draft pick reactions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools