Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS FANS SUCK.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 17, 2006, 08:27:58 AM

I'm a fan in PA and attended the game in Pittsburgh the other week. I can say this, I always try to stay positive BUT when you can start calling the plays before the series even begins.... There's a MAJOR PROBLEM!
 Gruden won a SB, yes w/ Dungy's team. Do I hate Gruden ? NO, I love his intensity but beleive that he is very sub-par when it comes to offensive play calling. I truly would love for him to stay w/ the orginazation but find another niche, not a Head coach, or better yet, swallow some pride and give someone else a shot at O.C. & stay the damn H.C. He has been known for his complicated plays and again he comes with a package deal w/ Allen (never could stand him).
 So, I love the Bucs, but I will defend the fans who are totally pissed, they have a good reason to be....

Wow, great way to make your introduction to the board.  ::)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#76 : December 17, 2006, 09:59:49 AM

Thanks BucNut, I guess you are thrilled with Gruden then? I believe we will all go down blowing bubbles with this ship if he stays here much longer. Just my opinion, didnt know you had to bow down to the long time posters.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#77 : December 17, 2006, 10:23:14 AM

Thanks BucNut, I guess you are thrilled with Gruden then? I believe we will all go down blowing bubbles with this ship if he stays here much longer. Just my opinion, didnt know you had to bow down to the long time posters.

No you just lost all credibility when you said he won it with Dungy's team. It's what those who like to debunk the HC say to make themselves feel better I guess. But go back and look at the 01 team compared to the 02 team-- Almost half the 53 man roster had changed. There were 7 new players on offense. Which would be a 3rd of the starting team. A new offensive system in place, half of the teams philosophy changed. And a majority of Kiffens philosophy changed. Dungy almost exclusively ran the cover 2. Kiffen switched it up to a Cover 2 shell that saw alot of nickel man and other man packages instead of strictly zone coverages.

So here is the list of player changes and you tell me was that really Dungy's team????
RB Michael Pittman
TE Ken Dilger
TE Ricky Dudley
LT Roman Oben
LG Kerry Jenkins
WR Joe Jurevicius
WR Keenan McCardell
QB Rob Johnson
OT Lomas Brown
FB Darian Barnes
LS Ryan Benjamin
DT DeVone Claybrooks
TE Casey Crawford
LB Jack Golden
OT Dan Goodspeed
OT Cornell Green
DT Buck Gurley
FS Jermaine Phillips
DE Greg Spires
P Tom Tupa
CB Tim Wansley
TE Daniel Wilcox

I think not.

#78 : December 17, 2006, 10:34:07 AM

You all have a point with the # of players and yes at least 10 of those players listed made a significant impact, but why is everyone OK with Gruden after 1 good year? It kills me. I guess maybe I (and some others) give Dungy too much credit and yes I believe that Grudens "fiery attitude" does make a difference, but his recent talent evaluations have sucked! And without that D that Dungy DID build, we would have been nothing and also I do not believe that Gruden will ever be able to build such a solid team due to his arrogance and "my way" philosophy. This is a man who wouldn't put in a shotgun formation even when he knew our QB would get killed.
 We will never agree but I would like to say I'm not here to be a total ass cuz I am a BUC FAN, I'm just here venting I guess, but I have never been sold on the Gruden/ Allen tandem,.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS FANS SUCK.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools