Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We were offered a 6th for Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 01, 2008, 11:59:22 AM

gimme a break. a 6th is a throw away pick, it's basically like getting nothing at all. i'd rather hold onto him, show him off some, let people know he's not all gimpy and that he can still throw the ball, and try and get a 4th rounder out of someone nearer to the pre-season. if the gamble doesn't workout, then we just release him then, all we're out is a 6th rounder, which i could care less about anyway.

to show him off in TC would take reps away from the progress of mccown and johnson.  hoping that he's not all gimpy and can still throw.  i would have sent him packing for a player such as the returner from utah st easily.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 01, 2008, 12:02:41 PM

Consider the source.

EXACTLY!

You must be accountable for your actions!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 01, 2008, 12:08:23 PM

Buccaneers | Team received trade offers for Simms
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:45:09 -0700

Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports speculates based on discussions with the guy that fills the Pepsi Machines at OBP that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers received trade offers for QB Chris Simms during the 2008 NFL Draft. The Buccaneers received at least two offers from teams willing to give a sixth-round draft pick and one from a team willing to give a seventh-round draft pick.

Edited for accuracy.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 01, 2008, 12:08:30 PM

i wouldnt consider a spleen injury plagued...its a freak accident not like a hamstring...and a quarterback who led his team to a division title prior to his freak accident may cause a desperate team to offer more than a 6th round pick

in 2004, when the Bull was benched, Simms was named the starter.  He didn't last one half before getting hurt and Griese took over.

I agree he did have the spleen injury, but that wasn't the first time he lost his starting job primarily due to injury.  I believe in 06, if he kept playing like that, he would have lost it anyway.

Also Grossman and Harrington are MUCH better than Simms.  I don't know your logic there.  They also have much more value.  Frye isnt bad and started 1 game last year.  Leftwich stinks, as does Carr, and Testeverde...however, who's to say Simms isn't worse than those guys.  He hasn't played in 2 seasons, he could be worse than....well actually he could be the worst QB to ever step on the field if he trys to play football after being out of action that long.

Rex Grossman is better? If so, not by much.

54.3% completion, 31 TD 33 INT

Simms is 59.1%, 12 TD, 17 INT

Bad/marginal QBs get multiple chances

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 01, 2008, 12:11:06 PM

I have found NOTHING that supports this trade. None of my contacts have given me even the SLIGHTEST nod that there were any real offers for Simms at draft time.

Just like I said at the time about the speculated Jason Taylor trade that was supposedly imminent, I question if there was any serious trade discussion at all. If there was, I certainly have been unable to find any evidence of it.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#20 : May 01, 2008, 12:26:07 PM

Who the hell is going to give a 4th for him???

Several teams are already lining up waiting for us to release a couple of our QBs.

then you've just answered your own question...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 01, 2008, 12:28:14 PM

I have found NOTHING that supports this trade. None of my contacts have given me even the SLIGHTEST nod that there were any real offers for Simms at draft time.

Just like I said at the time about the speculated Jason Taylor trade that was supposedly imminent, I question if there was any serious trade discussion at all. If there was, I certainly have been unable to find any evidence of it.

Then you obviously did not look in the file marked "Crap I made up" in Cummings cubicle.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 01, 2008, 12:38:32 PM

If Simms does not show up to any of the offseason camps I hope the Bucs leave him on the roster until the final cuts.  The guys spot he is taking up wont make the team anyway.  Put him on the training camp roster and tell him to stay home or have him bring the players water.  He is a punk for bailing on the team like he has.  Why is he scared of a little compitition?  How far is that going to get him?  He is already a bad QB maybe trying to compete with guys better then him would make him better. 

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#23 : May 01, 2008, 01:29:46 PM

If I were to base an opinion on Simms just by what I read on this board, knowing nothing else about him, I'd rank him somewhere between Stalin and Pol Pot on history's list of greatest villains.

Of the thousands of players who don't pan out or have career hindering injuries, I'm not sure why Simms was chosen to be so hated.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 01, 2008, 03:38:43 PM

I don't believe this. Consider the source.

Exactly, if you believe that crap from those worthless hacks you lose your common sense card...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 01, 2008, 04:35:19 PM

Consider the source.

EXACTLY!

GREAT minds think alike!!!!

simmstheanswer

Starter

#26 : May 01, 2008, 04:57:28 PM

If I were to base an opinion on Simms just by what I read on this board, knowing nothing else about him, I'd rank him somewhere between Stalin and Pol Pot on history's list of greatest villains.

Of the thousands of players who don't pan out or have career hindering injuries, I'm not sure why Simms was chosen to be so hated.

lol, nice. great choice of villains to...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 01, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

I am very puzzled over the Simms situation and you have to think that he and Suckowski are on their way out soon.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#28 : May 01, 2008, 05:29:35 PM

I am very puzzled over the Simms situation and you have to think that he and Suckowski are on their way out soon.

sounds about right. we'll cut Gradkowski, bring 5 qb's to camp (garcia, griese, mccown, simms, johnson), hope that simms shows enough to get traded, and if not cut him. seems like a decent plan to me.

BuccaneerBonsai

Rookie

#29 : May 01, 2008, 07:12:32 PM

I don't believe this. Consider the source.

I can tell you that its a complete deception on Cummings part. Other trades were discussed, and the possibility of adding Simms into the deals was mentioned. But the original deals never happened, so it didn't matter.

But no team called them expressly to trade from Simms.

I know this from at least 2 inside sources.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We were offered a 6th for Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools