Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

: December 12, 2006, 07:45:58 AM

The fact that you are even debating this speaks volumes...

Dude, why in the hell would draft peterson this year when 2 years ago you spent a top 5 pick on a running back (caddy)???

Its makes absolutely zero sense and is not even up for debate....

Caddy has had close to 2 years, this isn't madden football. Caddy is fine, and can be a very capable back. Is Peterson a stud, sure looks like it at this point.

This is nuts, lunacy man, the more I think about it the more ridiculous you sound. This teams has holes galore and to even think for a second to draft another runningback, its the dumbest freaking thing I've ever heard in my life...

Personally, I would trade down, as the Bucs have too many holes to fill.

Caddy is NOT a franchise back.  He is a nice back to be sure, but a franchise guy he isn't.  He is an undersized between the tackles type that doesn't scare opposing defenses.   There is nothing wrong with Caddy per se, but the Bucs need a big time guy back there, and Caddy isn't that kind of guy. 

Remember the first three games of last year?  That is the only way this Buc team is going to win.  Run the ball early and often, then hit a few with play action.  Caddy isn't going to be that kind of back for us again because heavy duty means he will be hurt.  Sure, we spent the 5th pick in the draft on him in 2005, but that doesn't mean we have to live with no running game. 

What part of 20-48 with a fumble is shocking people?  BTW, this was against Atlanta, who can't stop anyone. 

IF Gruden keeps his job, a rookie QB makes no sense.  Joe Thomas is a good player, but I just don't see him as a #1 overall selection type.  Pace was that kind of guy.  Thomas is more along the lines of Lachey.

Peterson is a game changer.  Caddy can be traded for a high #2 from a team like the Browns who need a RB.  You then have Peterson in the backfield with 3 #2's to work with in the draft to get a WR and help for the defense.  If you Re-sign Simms, you have all the makings of the formula we used in 2005.  Have teams respect the run, then hit them deep with Simms' arm throwing to a tandem of Galloway and a guy like Gonzalez from OSU.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 02:45:18 PM

Ok, so let's say just for funsies that the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft and you're the GM. Make your move.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 11, 2006, 02:47:20 PM

I pick up the phone and call any team in the top 5 that needs a QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2006, 02:48:00 PM

Thomas at that pick.

Trading down is too complex to figure out right now.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : December 11, 2006, 02:48:36 PM

I trade it away for a mid and low first rounder.  If the team we trade with picks in the top 5-8 trade with them and pick up their second rounder.  I'm thinking maybe Green Bay.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#5 : December 11, 2006, 02:50:25 PM

Definetly try to trade down and get another top 5 pick while in the same sense...adding another first day pick.

But if we had to stay there, It would be between Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson.

I dont want to draft a QB, but after hearing Gruden's PC yesterday, I think thats the direction we are heading.  I like Calvin Johnson to go along with Clayton and Stovall for our future WR core.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 11, 2006, 02:50:41 PM

drop down a few spots to Oaklands pick and get either Moss or Porter and a 2nd.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 02:51:52 PM

Fire Gruden, Hire Cam Cameron.  Trade down, but stay in the top Ten, draft Peterson to be the LT we need, resign Simms.  

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 11, 2006, 02:51:55 PM

Should have put no one wants to trade up as a rule to the game because at this point the #1 overall is such a burden cap-wise that you are almost better off being in the not #1 spot.

That said I've got 3 players at premium positions: Quinn, Thomas and Adams on the board at three spots we need. I have to take Quinn. I think I can find a DE in FA or early R2. Thomas is my second pick and dear god he'd help us but right now while Davis isn't any good, in relative terms, he's better *gulp* than our QB situation.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#9 : December 11, 2006, 02:53:04 PM

quez....

Let's just say for hypothetical reasons we have the #1 and Oakland the #3.....There is no way they will give up the #3, Moss or Porter, and a 2nd...

It would either be.....#3 and WR....or #3 and a 2nd...

At least I think anyway.  I know the #1 is worth a lot of pts....but I dont know if they would do all that to move up 3 spots...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 02:53:21 PM

Ughh. It would have to depend on what happens early FA.

For once I'd agree with Shag, and probably the only time.

You have to trade down and get more picks is you can. If not, Quinn's it. I don't think you can pass on a players who's learned a pro-style offense in college. The learning curve would be smaller.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 11, 2006, 02:53:26 PM

I dont want to draft a QB, but after hearing Gruden's PC yesterday, I think thats the direction we are heading.  I like Calvin Johnson to go along with Clayton and Stovall for our future WR core.

I think until yesterday the Coach didn't think he'd be picking high enough. A shame that Vince Young came out last season instead of this season. I think Gruden would love that kid in his offense.

#12 : December 11, 2006, 02:53:29 PM

drop down a few spots to Oaklands pick and get either Moss or Porter and a 2nd.
are you nuts? A top 5 pick, a second round pick, and one of the bigger playmaking WR to move up 3-4 slots....

#13 : December 11, 2006, 02:54:24 PM

Quinn or Thomas for me

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 11, 2006, 02:54:53 PM

Ok, so let's say just for funsies that the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft and you're the GM. Make your move.

We will not get higher than number three.  Lets say the Raiders take Quinn, who would the Lions pick?  

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools