Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#45 : December 11, 2006, 03:55:10 PM

What does that mean? Pro scouts dont think Thomas is #1? Position may decide who is the #1 pick, but I think most believe Joe Tohomas along with PETERSON ARE THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#46 : December 11, 2006, 03:57:52 PM

What does that mean? Pro scouts dont think Thomas is #1? Position may decide who is the #1 pick, but I think most believe Joe Tohomas along with PETERSON ARE THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT.

It's December and the draft isn't until April. Players will move around in that time.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#47 : December 11, 2006, 05:09:14 PM

If we decide QB is what we take, then I say trade down because there are several options in Brohm and Russell.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 11, 2006, 05:15:40 PM

As long as we are in the top 3 we will be addressing a big time need as Dal previously mentioned. If we can walk away with Quinn, Adams or Thomas we will be fine in R1.

According to scouts inc. Joe Thomas is #1 and Brady Quinn #2

Baghead #2

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 11, 2006, 05:19:12 PM

Who says we don't need Peterson?  I would sure hate to pass up a guy like that when Caddy is really a major question mark.  Outside of his first 3 games, the guy has pretty much been a dud for us. 

I am not anti Caddy at all.  I am almost 100% convinced that they guy isn't a franchise RB, and we need that sort of guy.  Peterson will be, Caddy likely wont. 

Booger

Starter

#50 : December 11, 2006, 05:24:49 PM

Who says we don't need Peterson? I would sure hate to pass up a guy like that when Caddy is really a major question mark. Outside of his first 3 games, the guy has pretty much been a dud for us.

I am not anti Caddy at all. I am almost 100% convinced that they guy isn't a franchise RB, and we need that sort of guy. Peterson will be, Caddy likely wont.

Caddy is a franchise runner, there is no doubt in my mind.  He has speed, vision, power, and a unique slashing ability.  The only knock on Caddy is his pass catching ability in a Gruden style offense.  His recent fumbling can be corrected.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#51 : December 11, 2006, 05:25:46 PM

By draft day, trades will be done so that more than one team has more than one 1st round pick. I say you trade down OR you do what San Diego did a few years ago and draft Quinn, and see if whoever drafts Thomas is willing to do what the Giants did to acquire Quinn.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#52 : December 11, 2006, 05:26:13 PM

The fact that you are even debating this speaks volumes...

Dude, why in the hell would draft peterson this year when 2 years ago you spent a top 5 pick on a running back (caddy)???

Its makes absolutely zero sense and is not even up for debate....

Caddy has had close to 2 years, this isn't madden football. Caddy is fine, and can be a very capable back. Is Peterson a stud, sure looks like it at this point.

This is nuts, lunacy man, the more I think about it the more ridiculous you sound. This teams has holes galore and to even think for a second to draft another runningback, its the dumbest freaking thing I've ever heard in my life...

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 11, 2006, 05:28:27 PM

Dude, why in the hell would draft peterson this year when 2 years ago you spent a top 5 pick on a running back (caddy)???

Caddy has had close to 2 years, this isn't madden football. Caddy is fine, and can be a very capable back. Is Peterson a stud, sure looks like it at this point.

This is nuts, lunacy man, the more I think about it the more ridiculous you sound. This teams has holes galore and to even think for a second to draft another runningback, its the dumbest freaking thing I've ever heard in my life...
Let's keep in account the amount of absurd thoughts that have been popping up around here.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 11, 2006, 05:29:59 PM

Let's keep in account the amount of absurd thoughts that have been popping up around here.

Seriously where do these people come from, its amazing???

Drafting Peterson, LMAO.............

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#55 : December 11, 2006, 05:50:20 PM

Seriously Cville, seriously...

But on a side note, he did ask us not to grill him too hard, soo...

We have to take this post for what it is.  Bunk.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : December 11, 2006, 06:07:36 PM

Just to ingrain the thought - think Thomas - and ID a FA center who can make blocking calls AND block so I can wave as Wade and Mahan go down the road.
Steinbach?

He is a FA, and does a decent job.  I am going to spend more time looking as soon as I get a chance.  Not today, but soon. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#57 : December 11, 2006, 07:18:58 PM

Why would we go after Peterson, I like him but we have a talented running back already.  The problem is the oline, **CENSORED** you could put Barry sanders himself back there and he couldn't do anything because they are hit before taking there first two steps, our oline is horrible. Caddy can run and he finishes his runs, theres no problem with him, peterson would be one of the dumbest picks for us. no offense cause i tryin to get in a war or words. but damn Caddy is a talent, and he has the ability to run.  I say draft either Calvin Johnson, or Thomas those two could come in and help us right away.

#58 : December 11, 2006, 07:21:14 PM

Why would we go after Peterson, I like him but we have a talented running back already.  The problem is the oline, crap you could put Barry sanders himself back there and he couldn't do anything because they are hit before taking there first two steps, our oline is horrible. Caddy can run and he finishes his runs, theres no problem with him, peterson would be one of the dumbest picks for us. no offense cause i tryin to get in a war or words. but damn Caddy is a talent, and he has the ability to run.  I say draft either Calvin Johnson, or Thomas those two could come in and help us right away.
I think most of the new posters who make stupid comments like that drank loads of paint as a child.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#59 : December 11, 2006, 07:23:22 PM

Wait on second thought, draftin peterson might make since because then Gruden can implement his Rocket package, with two very talented backs in the line up. I don't think we will draft peterson but we might look at a running back in round 3 or so that could start this rocket package. I think pittman was the man, but for some reason gruden still hasn't put it in.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools