Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : December 11, 2006, 02:55:19 PM

Fire Gruden, Hire Cam Cameron.  Trade down, but stay in the top Ten, draft Peterson to be the LT we need, resign Simms.  
W-T-F.....we have Cadillac, why the heck do we need ANOTHER top 10 RB? Also it's RE-SIGN not RESIGN.....

#16 : December 11, 2006, 02:57:59 PM

I trade it away for a mid and low first rounder.  If the team we trade with picks in the top 5-8 trade with them and pick up their second rounder.  I'm thinking maybe Green Bay.

He said if yo uare Gm of he BUcs. NOt if you are GM of the Packers. Even if you could predict a team will trade up with teh Bucs, it most likely wouldnt be the Packers. They are cheap and dont like spending money, I doubt they are dieing to give up multiple picks to spend 30 mil in guarantees on a top 5 pick

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 11, 2006, 02:59:10 PM

Should have put no one wants to trade up as a rule to the game because at this point the #1 overall is such a burden cap-wise that you are almost better off being in the not #1 spot.

That said I've got 3 players at premium positions: Quinn, Thomas and Adams on the board at three spots we need. I have to take Quinn. I think I can find a DE in FA or early R2. Thomas is my second pick and dear god he'd help us but right now while Davis isn't any good, in relative terms, he's better *gulp* than our QB situation.

Now that was hard to type and I recognize it Dal, LMAO, but I want the LOT.  Thomas is it for me.  Need to get good at LOT for the first time since Paul Gruber.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Shag

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 11, 2006, 02:59:57 PM

You have to trade down and get more picks is you can. If not, Quinn's it. I don't think you can pass on a players who's learned a pro-style offense in college. The learning curve would be smaller.

That high you have to draft the best player, and that is probably Quinn.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 11, 2006, 03:00:05 PM

ronde - is your boy Russell woth the 3rd pick?

Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 11, 2006, 03:00:34 PM

We will not get higher than number three.  Lets say the Raiders take Quinn, who would the Lions pick? 

If you want to start a thread for that, go ahead. Right now, I'm talking about the #1 overall.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 11, 2006, 03:02:13 PM

We will not get higher than number three.  Lets say the Raiders take Quinn, who would the Lions pick? 

If you want to start a thread for that, go ahead. Right now, I'm talking about the #1 overall.

We are pretty much set at number 3 spot now, so we can seriously start talking about who we draft.  Quinn will go in the top two, so if we can work out who the other team will take we know who is left on the board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 11, 2006, 03:05:17 PM

Just to ingrain the thought - think Thomas - and ID a FA center who can make blocking calls AND block so I can wave as Wade and Mahan go down the road.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#23 : December 11, 2006, 03:06:45 PM

Just to ingrain the thought - think Thomas - and ID a FA center who can make blocking calls AND block so I can wave as Wade and Mahan go down the road.
Steinbach?

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#24 : December 11, 2006, 03:08:41 PM

Ok, so let's say just for funsies that the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft and you're the GM. Make your move.

If I could trade it - Send it to the Pats for both their first rounders and their second...assuming they want someone that high...and then we could fill - DE - DT - WR - QB - S - CB all with our first day picks. I wouldn't think it would be that much of a stretch in this schenario to land....

First Rounders) Troy Smith - QB, Victor Abiamiri- DE
Second Rounders) Aaron Ross - CB, Reggie Nelson - S, Quinn Pit**CENSORED** - DT
Third Rounder) Steve Smith - WR

If we were forced to stay @ #1 - Brady Quinn...we need a star the man said it himself

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 11, 2006, 03:09:25 PM

We are pretty much set at number 3 spot now, so we can seriously start talking about who we draft.  Quinn will go in the top two, so if we can work out who the other team will take we know who is left on the board.

Again, don't be at all discouraged to talk about that in one of the realistic draft threads. This is the "we've got the #1 overall" thread.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 11, 2006, 03:11:11 PM

Thomas at #1.

Can there justifiably be any other selection?

#27 : December 11, 2006, 03:12:19 PM

ronde - is your boy Russell woth the 3rd pick?

Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

I'm not Ronde, but I think he is, if Thomas is gone that is.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 11, 2006, 03:13:22 PM

Thomas at #1.

Can there justifiably be any other selection?

The best player in the draft. Doesn't have to be Thomas, and probably isn't.

#29 : December 11, 2006, 03:14:14 PM

Should have put no one wants to trade up as a rule to the game because at this point the #1 overall is such a burden cap-wise that you are almost better off being in the not #1 spot.

That said I've got 3 players at premium positions: Quinn, Thomas and Adams on the board at three spots we need. I have to take Quinn. I think I can find a DE in FA or early R2. Thomas is my second pick and dear god he'd help us but right now while Davis isn't any good, in relative terms, he's better *gulp* than our QB situation.

As evidenced by the Vick trade, the E. Manning trade...people will still move around at those spots if the player is there, so I think that it's a bit early to speculate, because we don't know what we'll be hearing around Draft day about alot of these players.  I would like to trade down, though, if possible.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools