Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 11, 2006, 03:14:32 PM

Thomas at #1.

Can there justifiably be any other selection?

The best player in the draft. Doesn't have to be Thomas, and probably isn't.

Well if they take Petersen then it is a dumb move, IMO.

You take the BAP for the most immediate needs of the team.  Either O-line or D-line, and Adams doesn't warrant a #1, but Thomas does.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 11, 2006, 03:17:54 PM

I'm intrigued by Alan Branch. If he declares and looks like another John Henderson, I'd be cool with him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 11, 2006, 03:18:54 PM

You take the BAP for the most immediate needs of the team.  Either O-line or D-line, and Adams doesn't warrant a #1, but Thomas does.

Let's say the best player in the draft without a serious injury in the last year. You don't take risks with the first pick in the draft.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 11, 2006, 03:19:34 PM

with the number one pick i would trade it to someone in the top 5 for there pick and a second rounder.  I would draft Calvin Johnson, because we need a play maker at  WR who can be thrown to in coverage and make a catch, then with the second pick i would try my hardest to get Troy smith, because he is mobile and has a strong arm he is an upgrade over Grad.  with the next pick i would try to go Dline, we need a play maker there, and then with the last second rounder i would probably look for a Lt if that spot is not sured up in FA.  I like the guy who said he would trade for porter or Moss, i think they could easily help our team out then we could go with Thomas with our first pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 11, 2006, 03:20:27 PM

Let's say the best player in the draft without a serious injury in the last year. You don't take risks with the first pick in the draft.
College season is over, pretty much bro.

Who is the BAP for the Bucs?

Thomas, at #1, is pretty cut and dried to me...

Shag

Pro Bowler

#35 : December 11, 2006, 03:23:24 PM

Thomas isn't even past the typical recovery time for his injury yet.

Booger

Starter

#36 : December 11, 2006, 03:28:34 PM

With the #1 overall pick (assuming we cant trade down), I would take QB Brady Quinn.

Under the very likely scenario presented by MJS:

1. OAK - Brady Quinn
2. DET - Gaines Adams
3. TB - Joe Thomas

#37 : December 11, 2006, 03:30:44 PM

ronde - is your boy Russell woth the 3rd pick?

Even though Brian Brohm gets more attention JaMarcus Russell is actually a better pro prospect and while the Daunte Culpepper comparisons are pretty accurate what really stands out is his arm strength, which might be as good as anyone's in the game. At any level.

I would have to say no. Its a tough call for me. I dont like getting caught up with the idea that a player is good value at #15 overall, but not at #5. Thats how the Marcus McNeill, Ed Reed, Derrick Brooks, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnsons of teh world slip through the cracks. I would say all of them should be top 5 picks in almost any draft, but at the time they were drafted teams got too caught up in value of position in round 1. I say scout a guy, and take him. New England doe sit, but few others have the balls to

With that said, I wouldnt look at Russell until pick #6 or so. I dont think he is in the first wave of Johnson, Quinn, Thomas and Adams

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 11, 2006, 03:33:37 PM

Once again, at #1, who is the BAP for the Bucs?

#39 : December 11, 2006, 03:34:17 PM

Huh? Did you watch him play this year? He dominated every DL, LB and DB he put his hands on

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 11, 2006, 03:34:21 PM

With that said, I wouldnt look at Russell until pick #6 or so. I dont think he is in the first wave of Johnson, Quinn, Thomas and Adams

Ideal scenario is a team at 6th or 7th desperate for a Thomas or Johnson, and trading down for their first and 2nd round picks.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 11, 2006, 03:39:06 PM

Once again, at #1, who is the BAP for the Bucs?

The only position that is out is RB.

#42 : December 11, 2006, 03:41:12 PM

The 2 best players in the draft are Peterson and Thomas, period, end of question. We dont need Peterson (unfortunately), so Thomas is the obvious #1 player on my draft board for the BUcs

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 11, 2006, 03:44:31 PM

Now that was hard to type and I recognize it Dal, LMAO, but I want the LOT.  Thomas is it for me.  Need to get good at LOT for the first time since Paul Gruber. 

It was tough. Of course if we'd taken Marcus McNeil this year we'd not even be having this discussion and that certainly doesn't make my head e'splode or anything.  I'll say that with Quinn, Thomas, and Adams I don't think there's a bad pick in the bunch.

My main worry with Thomas is how long he'll be upright for us. I haven't seen the new facility so I don't have any idea what the sightlines are to the practice field and parking lots from nearby tall buildings. I also don't know if Chev has a high powered rifle with a scope. I think Thomas' long-term success here might depend on your answers to those two questions.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#44 : December 11, 2006, 03:46:29 PM

The 2 best players in the draft are Peterson and Thomas, period, end of question. We dont need Peterson (unfortunately), so Thomas is the obvious #1 player on my draft board for the BUcs

Unless you are a pro scout, nobody can really say who is the best right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ok, so the Bucs end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools