Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft gets a "D" from Scouts.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 01, 2008, 03:19:31 PM

Well they should get an A. After all it's a two year draft. Next year they're minus their 1st and 4th. Gonna be a D next year no matter what.

If we burned a 2 1sts, a second and a fourth on an OT, this board would be going nuts. I don't care how big the need was.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 01, 2008, 03:20:56 PM

Atlanta did just as poorly in their reach for Sam Baker.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : May 01, 2008, 03:25:50 PM

these grades mean squat till a few years from now. I dont think you can properly grade the 05 draft without seeing Ruud play a little more and if caddy comes back. So these draft grades are irrelevant till they actually play a while.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#18 : May 01, 2008, 03:33:01 PM

What a joke? Rating the Bucs a D and giving the Panties a A? Looks like Scoutdotcom needs to do a lot more research before putting out such putrid info.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 01, 2008, 03:38:16 PM

who cares what frickin grade they give us..  It's such a joke, we wont know for 2-3 years from now....

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

#20 : May 01, 2008, 03:58:17 PM

He looks like a complete tool in his picture.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 01, 2008, 04:05:44 PM

The 'D' grade is a little harsh but I agree with everything they said.  They are also over grading the Panthers, which is irrelevant because it doesn't pertain to our draft.

Time will tell but I think we are C+/B+, heck even a 'A' if JJ pans out.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 01, 2008, 04:12:09 PM

Hey we took care of most of our needs in FA..filled a need with a very good CB ...another with a speedy kick and punt returner...and added depth to our good OL...  which seems to be bordering on very good...our DT  a huge need ...we may have hit a homerun ...if Moore plays the way he can...and the qb pick who i've been pimping for 3 months...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE....in 2 or 3 years JJ may be the talk of the town ...justs needs a little fine tuning...and he may be ready to go sooner then everybody thinks.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 01, 2008, 04:17:43 PM

Some teams always seem to be over graded while others are always undergraded.  Do the Boys get aa A because of their first two picks only?  You can not judge a draft without looking at the teams roster.  The Boys only had 6 picks and got 2 RB's (one in first Felix Jones and fourth Tashard Choice) Felix was a backup in college and they already have Barber so how much playing time will either of thses guys see?  They also got 2 CB's (Jenkins 1st & Orlando Scandrick 5th) while they already have Newman and maybe Jones.  Not really bad picks though.  

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 01, 2008, 04:28:46 PM

well we traded down in the 2nd missing out on Henne, Brohm, Groves, Rice, and Sweed.  We then reached, in manys opinions, on Dexter Jackson.  We selected Jeremy Zuttah in the 3rd, when we had Sears and Joseph anchoring the middle and many considered a reach.  Moore was a solid pick, IMO, but he is a hit or miss in terms of NFL.  Josh Johnson is raw talent and although had great numbers, can he perform like that in NFL?  Geno Hayes was also solid pick-up.  The thing is, when grading a draft, you outweigh the first 3 rounds more than the later rounds, in which we did particularly well.

But the 2nd and 3rd rounds for us were bad in many's opinions, maybe not homer buc fans, but other fans....

I like the Talib pick, but even some thought we reached on that..

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 01, 2008, 04:31:21 PM

Zuttah, IMO, will prove to be the 2nd most solid pick in this year's draft class for the Bucs...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Watchman

Starter

#26 : May 01, 2008, 05:38:32 PM

Oh no, what are we going to do, what are we going to do??!?!?!?! 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 01, 2008, 05:40:31 PM

Carolina got an A???

they reached for Stewart.

How is Stewart a reach? He's a big bruising back they can use the way they used Stephen Davis.

IMO, if a guy fills a need on your team, you grab him regardless of what the "experts" say.

OK, "reach" isn't the right word.  Using 2 firsts and a 2nd since '05 on RBs is crappy-a$$ something.  Especially with glaring needs at DE, QB, WR, OL, TE etc.

#28 : May 01, 2008, 08:19:39 PM

Carolina got an A???

they reached for Stewart.

How is Stewart a reach? He's a big bruising back they can use the way they used Stephen Davis.

IMO, if a guy fills a need on your team, you grab him regardless of what the "experts" say.

OK, "reach" isn't the right word.  Using 2 firsts and a 2nd since '05 on RBs is crappy-a$$ something.  Especially with glaring needs at DE, QB, WR, OL, TE etc.

This isn't about what they've done in past drafts. Stewart was a good pick for right now. By the way, we wasted a top 5 pick on a crappy azz rb.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#29 : May 01, 2008, 09:42:05 PM

Draft grades are for fun ..........................I think they all are F+............

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft gets a "D" from Scouts.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools