Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marchondray(Dre) James Moore « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 04, 2008, 11:08:34 AM

We got a second round OL in the third and then traded up in the 4th to get a guy with a second round grade.  I really like this guy in our rotation on the DL.  I try to temper my enthusiasm after the draft, but I really think this has the making of a really good draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 05, 2008, 09:39:03 AM

I still don't inderstand how people question his work ethic when he had more sacks and tackles for loss that every DT not named Dorsey or Ellis.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 05, 2008, 09:45:23 AM

We're just spoiled after Warren. Nobody will ever play that position well enough in some minds. Following a Hall of Famer aint easy. I think Dre will be very good for us. In a rotation.

#18 : May 05, 2008, 02:04:58 PM

If he turns out to be anything like last year's 4th....................

And last year's 4th also had a hard time finishing his initial rookie mini camp due to conditioning.  That seemed to correct itself just fine.

I was pumped when I saw the Bucs had traded up and Moore's name came up on screen.  The talent is there, it's the effort that needs to catch up.  With Kiffin, Coyer, Hovan, and Carter around, there is plenty of vet leadership to show this young guy the way to become a pro.  He has the talent to start at UT at some point on this team with PB ability.  It's just going to be a matter of how much he wants it.

He did Marley, I remeber that as well.

There couldn't have been a better pick in the 4th.

I fully agree with your assessment, he should be a good power three, if he wants it bad enough.

#19 : May 05, 2008, 02:06:57 PM

I still don't inderstand how people question his work ethic when he had more sacks and tackles for loss that every DT not named Dorsey or Ellis.

He was arguably the 4th best DT (most would agree top 5) in the draft, what a pick !

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 05, 2008, 05:59:14 PM

The reason people question his work ethic is because he took plays off in college, and he disappeared in games it is pretty simple a player with his physical attributes should be able to show up all the time playing in the middle he didnt which caused his stock to drop

#21 : May 05, 2008, 06:30:04 PM

He claims he was in a different scheme and wasn't taking plays off.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 06, 2008, 11:32:03 PM

I heard that too mtn.  We'll soon see won't we.  I just hope he was telling the truth.  If so, and if we don't have to worry about his motor, he will be devastating.

His motor was the main reason I wanted Laws over him.  His physical talent is better than Laws, but oh Laws's motor!!!...and production!

.....just my opinion

#23 : May 07, 2008, 12:28:25 AM

Agree.

With his size and the rotation in place, Monte said they're going to use him as a power three more than a NT. That should put him into a situation where he can make an impact this season.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 07, 2008, 09:32:51 AM

The rap on Dre was taking plays off, Dre said it was scheme.  Proof will be on the field - with the buccs the gap responsibility and then move to the ball is everything.  His play will tell all very quickly.

Want Stan and Prefer to know - I avoided saying the proof is in the pudding - but I wanted to - just a lover of old adages...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 07, 2008, 11:07:08 AM

You don't suppose they talked to his coach about that.

Are there many scheme's were the DT is is underneath pass coverage or something?   I'm just wondering how a scheme might be confused with lack of effort...

He got into the right situation with the bucs. Can't think of many other teams (any) that would offer him a better shot at becoming something great.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 07, 2008, 11:12:18 AM

Yes, I think the one-gap will show almost immediately when he takes plays off.  It is also, IMO, the best scheme to utilize his burst and power as it essentially "turns him loose" from the spy technique he said made him look like he was taking plays off.

From what I saw in the Senior Bowl drills, when he could just blast off the LOS, if he can use the same penetrating technique, he will be hard to handle, even for NFL offensive linemen.....or so I am hoping!

.....just my opinion

#27 : May 07, 2008, 11:23:34 AM

You don't suppose they talked to his coach about that.

Are there many scheme's were the DT is is underneath pass coverage or something?   I'm just wondering how a scheme might be confused with lack of effort...

He got into the right situation with the bucs. Can't think of many other teams (any) that would offer him a better shot at becoming something great.

Supposedly, yes.

Yes, I think he even had an interception. No telling really. If he was making a read you may never know it and I'm not familiar enough with Maryland's defense to say one way or the other.

And yes.

obuc

Starter

#28 : May 07, 2008, 12:22:45 PM

At the risk of sounding negative, work ethic is something you usually have or you dont. Hard to turn a "lazy" guy, (not calling him that mind you,) into a guy with a work ethic. That said, conditioning can be apart of it. I dont know his  story, but if a guy is gassed, going all out on every play, he has to take plays off so to speak to get his wind. If he is in a rotation which we have to have, he should have no excuse. Play Balls to the wall and raise your hand to pull yourself from the game. In addition, and I have seen no tape, he could be double teamed or focused on so as the other team could take him out  of the game. Dont know nor do I offer excuse but if you love football and are not gassed, I would expect everyone to go full bore.

kmitchell

Starter

#29 : May 07, 2008, 01:19:33 PM

When they say he takes a play off I think he is really just dropping into QB Spy. Here is Dre Moore taking a play off and getting an INT off Matt Ryan

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marchondray(Dre) James Moore « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools