Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has Bucs Draft Philosphy Changed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 05, 2008, 01:00:52 AM

This talk of blown picks makes me ill. Are you guys who say they have "blown" picks serious? How many downs have you seen the guys play in Pewter?

Go choke on chicken bones man...the kind that Zell Miller serves up. [banghead]

How can you tell if anyone was a reach or not? Based on a draft ranking? ::) You guys are seriously stupid if you want me to believe you have watched the guys the Bucs drafted enough to know their ins and outs... :-you rely too much on draft "technicians", as we all do. Except for the guys who the Bucs organization pays to watch the college games to figure the details out. :)

I understand this is a MB, but some of you cats should be banned for a week or two for being completely retarded. ;D

honestly, its just bucko40.. he should probably delete this thread, because everyone has been against him... it would save him a little bit of embarrassment.. and maybe would gain some more respect. this thread is flat out outrageous.

It is flat outrageous becuase no one can dispute the fact the Bucs did draft for need.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 05, 2008, 06:14:46 AM

Seems like all the minions here have bought the story line given by the all knowing and all powerful Bruce Allen. In a few years you will see just how bad this draft really was. The last time I was this upset with a draft was the year we traded up to get Kenyatta Walker when Steve Hutchinson and Jeff Backus were still on the board.

Time will tell. Especially when Joey gets hurt this year and we have no one to step up into thoseshows and play.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 05, 2008, 07:16:10 AM

Has the Bucs draft Philosphy changed from a Best Player Available to  Need Based

Bucs draft philosophy hasn't really been best available player.  This year only confirms that they draft based on needs (immediate or near future). 

Only time Bucs have drafted best available in recent years has been the late rounds but that could be said of all teams.  Then again the Jenkins vs Anderson debacle is an example of need vs BAP and they chose the need over BAP  in the fifth round.

The Bucs draft philosophy revolves around pick the "Best Player available for the Buccaneers", ie. a mixture of BPA and need.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 05, 2008, 07:19:53 AM

The only time that teams have the ability to choose BPA is high in the first round. There is no such thing as BPA after that. All players have flaws.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 05, 2008, 07:41:38 AM

The only time that teams have the ability to choose BPA is high in the first round. There is no such thing as BPA after that. All players have flaws.
I don't know about that. When the Packers took Brohm for instance, I'd say he was prolly the best player available.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 05, 2008, 08:14:40 AM

In their opinion maybe. That doesn't make him BPA.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 05, 2008, 09:32:13 AM

Can someone please explain how this draft is described as a debacle?

This hissy fit fest over the draft is hilarious in early May.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 05, 2008, 09:38:07 AM

I don't know about that. When the Packers took Brohm for instance, I'd say he was prolly the best player available.

Yeah, It's not like the lost a QB or anything.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 05, 2008, 09:41:13 AM

Brohm won't see the field unless Rodgers gets hurt. If he plays at all the Pack won't win 7 games.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 05, 2008, 09:42:03 AM

Can someone please explain how this draft is described as a debacle?

This hissy fit fest over the draft is hilarious in early May.

What the OP doesn't know exactly what he's talking about?   I think he used to work for the cowboys back when JJ started. Now he's the puppet master of at least 6 notable draft gurus.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 05, 2008, 09:45:23 AM

In 5 years of watching GruAllen drafts, I can't say there is any real "philosophy". They just do what they do and it really doesn't make a lot of sense when you try to study one year to another.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Agent Orange

Starter

#41 : May 05, 2008, 09:47:27 AM

In 5 years of watching GruAllen drafts, I can't say there is any real "philosophy". They just do what they do and it really doesn't make a lot of sense when you try to study one year to another.

They draft based on the senior bowl.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 05, 2008, 09:51:54 AM

I wonder if we looked back into those drafts, could we find a plan? Maybe those players were picked for percieved weaknesses over the next 2-3 seasons? I take the view that teams who draft for their upcoming season instead of looking longer term, blow more draft picks. But it all begins with having good depth at all positions so you can take chances on splash type players who may well bust.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 05, 2008, 10:43:41 AM

Many draft sites had Talib ranked higher than Mendenhall as a draft prospect

No.

And when the drug issues came out Jenkins/Cason leap frogged Talib in the cornerback rankings the last two months heading into the draft.

So what you're admitting is that Talib was considered the better player based on ability than any player available at that point. There were many boards which had Talib going in the first 20 picks and some as high as 11.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 05, 2008, 10:48:27 AM

I know I saw one that had Talib going 7th to NE.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Has Bucs Draft Philosphy Changed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools