Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
: May 10, 2008, 10:23:31 AM

I think that's true MVP.

.....just my opinion

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 10, 2008, 10:28:37 AM

If Luke is not able to overcome his decision making problems then I believe Johnson will be our next starter.

you make it sound like he was inept out there.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MVP

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 10, 2008, 10:07:40 AM

I just think that at this point we have a true QB farm system in place. If Gruden is going to shake the label of not being able to develop young passers then he has the opportunity to do so. The offensive line looks to be set for the foreseeable future and Johnson is afforded the time he needs to learn by the presence of Garcia and Greise on the roster.

If Luke is not able to overcome his decision making problems then I believe Johnson will be our next starter.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 10, 2008, 09:59:14 AM

bucjoe - did i MISS SOMETHING?

Yucc look at post # 73 and that was what I was answering. It is from BULLieveitbaby. He is also The Peoples Champ and BuctheWorld.

3 more names to add to ignore feature when we get an ignore feature.

Ignore Feature FTMFW!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 04, 2008, 02:56:24 PM

In three short days he has been impressing not only his new teammates but the coaching staff as well.

"You can't really look at the numbers," Johnson said Saturday. "You have to go out and do what you do on the field, play the game you know how and continue to get better.

"Everything will fall into place based on the way you perform," he said. "Nothing is handed to you, especially in this league. You've got to earn everything."

"Man, I've been talking about him since we've been here," said former USF receiver Amarri Jackson. "He's accurate and has a powerful arm. He's just so accurate. He threw one across his body and hit me in stride. He's so versatile, when he gets out of the pocket, he reminds me of (USF quarterback Matt Grothe of Lake Gibson).

"He's very well coached," Olson said. "He has a great command of the team. In no way have we been disappointed."

"My goal is to learn from the veterans and go out play the game like I know how," Johnson said. Wherever I perform, that's where I'll end up. I don't have any high expectations. I don't have any low expectations. My expectation is to get better and to continue to improve so if the coaches ever needed me, they'll have confidence to call me."

This along with his on field presence is why I think this young man will succeed in the NFL, he expects to get better and is willing to put in the time it takes to get better at this level

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#5 : May 04, 2008, 03:40:31 PM

in other words.... the opposite of Shaun King

#6 : May 04, 2008, 03:43:54 PM

hope springs eternal

The Q

Pro Bowler

#7 : May 04, 2008, 04:06:26 PM

This might be a very good 5th round pick for the Bucs.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

MVP

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 04, 2008, 04:12:53 PM

It might be our Tom Brady pick if he puts it all together.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 04, 2008, 05:27:45 PM

And we traded down with New England to end up with Josh Johnson and their 7th round pick. They chose UCLA WR Matt Slater.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 04, 2008, 05:30:51 PM

in other words.... the opposite of Shaun King

good point

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 04, 2008, 05:34:53 PM

Think about this, he's been coached by two guys that were on Gruden's staff at Oakland and ran his playbook. What a leg up this kid must have, basically knowing instinctively all of the plays.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#12 : May 04, 2008, 06:14:06 PM

Think about this, he's been coached by two guys that were on Gruden's staff at Oakland and ran his playbook. What a leg up this kid must have, basically knowing instinctively all of the plays.

You can say that again!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 04, 2008, 06:14:25 PM

It might be our Tom Brady pick if he puts it all together.

Im trying not to laugh.

Josh Johnson the greatest QB all time...

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 04, 2008, 06:36:28 PM

i hope the guy does well but lets try to temper the enthusiasm.  The next Tom Brady?  Every years it seems like the board has to annoint someone as the next big thing. Then they hype everything he does thorughout TC. eg: Brackins, Razzano, Sabby, Chukwuhra, etc.  once upon a time, Gradkowski was a preseason golden boy too. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools