Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

devasher

Starter
#15 : May 04, 2008, 09:12:54 PM

This might be a very good 5th round pick for the Bucs.

It might be our Tom Brady pick if he puts it all together.

Im trying not to laugh.

Josh Johnson the greatest QB all time...

He's no Larry Brackins...but who is?

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 05, 2008, 01:04:38 AM

I hope he becomes a super star one day... i love a qb that move out of the pcket and throw or run that a great threat for us in the future

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 05, 2008, 01:35:24 AM

P*R*A*C*T*I*C*E  S*Q*U*A*D

#18 : May 05, 2008, 02:45:29 AM

This is the way I look at it, the rest of our draft enabled us to take Josh Johnson and round 5 and never look back. We got 2nd round talent in round 4 in Dre Moore. We got 4th round talent in round 6 in Geno Hayes. We got top 15 talent at #20 in Aqib Talib. We also, reaches or not, filled needs at WR and depth along the OL. I dont think anyone should 2nd guess the pick, even 5 years from now you will be able to look back and say it was a good place and time to take that risk on that 5th round pick

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : May 05, 2008, 02:52:41 AM

P*R*A*C*T*I*C*E S*Q*U*A*D
And watch another team claim him in half a second.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 05, 2008, 07:18:32 AM

Of all the draft picks this year, the ones I'm most excited about are Talib and Johnson. Can't wait to see how they fare in preseason.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Snook

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 05, 2008, 09:08:29 AM

If this guy were on another NFC South team (or any other team, for that matter), his haters would be blasting the Bucs front office for not drafting him.  Ridiculous.

I'm really excited about JoJo.  Very mature kid for his age.  Can't wait to see him in camp...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 05, 2008, 09:18:09 AM

This might be a very good 5th round pick for the Bucs.

It might be our Tom Brady pick if he puts it all together.

Im trying not to laugh.

Josh Johnson the greatest QB all time...

Okay, maybe just Joe Montana then.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 05, 2008, 09:23:08 AM

i hope the guy does well but lets try to temper the enthusiasm.  The next Tom Brady?  Every years it seems like the board has to annoint someone as the next big thing. Then they hype everything he does thorughout TC. eg: Brackins, Razzano, Sabby, Chukwuhra, etc.  once upon a time, Gradkowski was a preseason golden boy too. 

One guy, even one sewing club does not make "The Board."

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 05, 2008, 09:34:58 AM

If this guy were on another NFC South team (or any other team, for that matter), his haters would be blasting the Bucs front office for not drafting him.  Ridiculous.

I'm really excited about JoJo.  Very mature kid for his age.  Can't wait to see him in camp...

Who are the haters?  I haven't seen the first guy hating on the kid.  Just people pointing out that expecting him to be the next tom brady may be a bit much.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 05, 2008, 09:50:57 AM

Who are the haters?  I haven't seen the first guy hating on the kid.  Just people pointing out that expecting him to be the next tom brady may be a bit much.

Do you consider those who declared him a "wasted draft pick" a hater? Or is even that not enough to earn "hater" status?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 05, 2008, 09:58:42 AM

Do you consider those who declared him a "wasted draft pick" a hater? Or is even that not enough to earn "hater" status?

Josh Johnson = Shaun King threads should qualify.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 05, 2008, 11:38:19 AM

i dislike the pick, but i do think the guy has potential.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 05, 2008, 11:59:37 AM

Yeah, I think comparing him to Shaun King is enough hate. 

And I don't see how ANYONE picked in the 5th round can really be a "wasted pick".  Are 5th round picks really expected to be NFL stars? 

And I read the same things here last year about Tanard Jackson in the 4th round.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2008, 12:20:48 PM

We're going outside the thread? 

I suppose that depends on what they said to support their claim.   Do they have an angle?  If their take is, Oh say they think McCown is the guy,  well then It's not hating on JJ is luv'n on McC.  Is it they don't think this organization can develop QBs? Then it's perhaps some hate'n but it's hate on JJ. 

In any case, I was mostly wondering if he had some thing in this thread in mind.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools