Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#150 : May 15, 2008, 02:16:10 AM

Yes - I am inclined to agree with you on that. However; if we find ourselves where Baltimore did last year I don't think it would be rare to see Josh in there. I HOPE we don't find that out - but if Garcia holds out - we don't have anyone that is a capable enough starter to keep us winning.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

gdavis

Starter

#151 : May 15, 2008, 07:36:53 AM

Didn't McCown keep the Bucs winning when Garcia went down last year?

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#152 : May 15, 2008, 08:00:25 AM

You must have a bad memory. 1-2 isn't winning.

gdavis

Starter

#153 : May 15, 2008, 09:22:35 AM

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

benir0

Hall of Famer
#154 : May 15, 2008, 09:53:01 AM

..Gruden lacks the patience to lose with a developing QB. 

I think we both know that he's in no position to do that.

That is different now.  He has time.  Gruden is also still learning as a coach.  He does need to pick his spots with the rookie QBs, though.  Grads got the shot, and now McCown is in the wings...will he?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#155 : May 15, 2008, 10:48:38 AM

If you really think Gruden has time you vastly over rate the tolerance for this coach in Bucland. he would not endure the move. I'm a Gruden-backer, but even I know it isn't going to happen unless Garcia goes out due to injury (plausible deniability), or we've won so much that it doesn't matter...anything other than this and you start a rookie QB...and all the anti-Grudens death cultists will be demanding his head on a platter, again.

They didn't start drinking the Gruden kool-aid, they just got tired of being slapped down when they posted their distaste for the [winning] Buccaneer coach.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools