Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 05, 2008, 12:47:42 PM

This was a great pick. I hope he works out for us and I am glad he didnt go to a D-1 school. If he did, we could be talking one of the top QB's in the draft. I love the pick and I hope it really works out for us.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 05, 2008, 01:04:38 PM

in other words.... the opposite of Shaun King

Why you gonna bust on "small hands" like that?  LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#32 : May 05, 2008, 01:49:50 PM

It was a great draft and I like all of the picks.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 05, 2008, 02:00:44 PM

From various shots of Josh at camp, his mechanics look flawless. Geting college coaching from an ex-NFL QB gives him a distinct edge.
    Chris Simms should study him to improve his delivery.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 05, 2008, 02:04:14 PM

Chev, don't laugh - I've got a King jersey.

I had the misfortune to be near the computer after he had that great game against Detroit in '99.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 05, 2008, 04:06:36 PM

This might be a very good 5th round pick for the Bucs.

It might be our Tom Brady pick if he puts it all together.

Im trying not to laugh.

Josh Johnson the greatest QB all time...

Put the emphasis on "our" not "Tom Brady", and it reads as a late round QB who could turn out to be our starter for his career; fulfilling a position of need without spending a 1st round pick, and providing the stability to go out and draft BPA every year because the key player is in place.

At least, that's how I read it.

obuc

Starter

#36 : May 05, 2008, 04:16:52 PM

Josh Johnson could be the next Tim Tebow if he keeps improving. ;)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : May 05, 2008, 05:30:56 PM

I really believe we got our future starting QB.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 05, 2008, 05:32:58 PM

Chev, don't laugh - I've got a King jersey.

I had the misfortune to be near the computer after he had that great game against Detroit in '99.

I had one, I think my ex got it in the split...Damn... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 05, 2008, 05:42:21 PM

I bet all these JoJo bashers will be the first in line to buy his jersey...

JoJo will be nothing like Shaun "Burger" King and DAMN sure is nothing like Simms or Bustkowski...

I believe JoJo will be a very solid QB if not the next best thing for this franchise since Doug Williams...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 05, 2008, 05:49:32 PM

I bet all these JoJo bashers will be the first in line to buy his jersey...

JoJo will be nothing like Shaun "Burger" King and DAMN sure is nothing like Simms or Bustkowski...

I believe JoJo will be a very solid QB if not the next best thing for this franchise since Doug Williams...

That's high cotton right there...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 05, 2008, 05:52:36 PM

While I have been in the drivers seat for the team to draft Johnson, he has a chance to be special if he is willing to work hard at his craft, what he has over the other current qbs on the roster is that "it" factor about him that you just cant teach.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 05, 2008, 06:45:20 PM

While I have been in the drivers seat for the team to draft Johnson, he has a chance to be special if he is willing to work hard at his craft, what he has over the other current qbs on the roster is that "it" factor about him that you just cant teach.

Garcia seems to have the ability to make his teammates better...the "it" factor if you will

You must be accountable for your actions!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 05, 2008, 06:47:29 PM

Listen I love the kid and the pick - but that stuff comparing him to Brady and Williams is setting somebody up for failure. The guy played at a Div-II school. I like that he was coached by a former NFL QB and coach in Harbaugh.

He was fortunate to be drafted in the 5th round. He needs to bulk up and have time to study NFL defenses. He won't be ready for a while. Lets not put too much pressure on the kid.

He' just another Jerry Goldstein at this point.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 05, 2008, 06:50:21 PM

He was fortunate to be drafted in the 5th round. He needs to bulk up and have time to study NFL defenses. He won't be ready for a while. Lets not put too much pressure on the kid.

I'd have bet that if his throwing at the combine wasn't screwed up due to back spasms, he'd have been drafted higher, probably in the fourth.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is why I am so high on Josh Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools