Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden, offensive genius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

« : December 13, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »

a very good,, upstanding, & honest man & coach.
Whose teams constantly choke in the playoffs

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 11, 2006, 05:38:17 PM »

The Chargers have more points in the 4th quarter than we do all year. In every quarter.

LT has outscored the Buccaneers. By himself. I'm not saying fire Gruden. Not at all. I'm not one to forget about his past success that fast. But unless there are major changes next year, something needs to be done....

PS- It kills me to start another complaining thread. I really hate these and it's hypocritical to post it. But I hear this stat and couldn't resist. It's ridiculous.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 11, 2006, 05:44:47 PM »

Tony Dungy, defensive genius.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 11, 2006, 05:47:52 PM »

;D. He's not running that defense.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

« #4 : December 11, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »

it's Jon....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 11, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »

He's not running that defense.

It doesn't appear that he's running anything in Indy right now.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 11, 2006, 05:49:26 PM »

it's Jon....

My fault.

[/b]

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 11, 2006, 05:50:35 PM »

I don't quite get all the Tony Dungy references when Gruden is brought up. Especially the Gruden lover that calls Dungy Dung y. What a joke. Anyway, that is interesting stat, pretty telling when a Marty Schottenheimer led team is outscoring us by that much.

liquidamber5

Practice Squad

« #8 : December 11, 2006, 05:54:21 PM »

What on earth does Tony Dungy's defensive performance in Indy have to do with what Gruden doing as Bucs head coach.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 11, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »

I don't quite get all the Tony Dungy references when Gruden is brought up.

Because it points out how ridiculous falling back on this "offensive/defensive genius" label is.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 11, 2006, 05:56:01 PM »

First I like Tony, my all time favorite coach.  Second, Gruden didn't create the cap, draft, or talent issues on this team he inherited them.  I have questioned a lot of decisions, but he has been hamstrung on getting talent since arrival.

Finally, Marty is leading nothing.  LT leads that team and his presence enables other good players to look great.  Take LT out of that line up and you have another potential playoff contender.  With him everything is better so long and the Oline is decent

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Beastie

Rookie

« #11 : December 11, 2006, 06:45:56 PM »

Well Dungy has put the Colts top 10 in defense in 2 of his 4 seasons as head coach.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 11, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »

Well Dungy has put the Colts top 10 in defense in 2 of his 4 seasons as head coach.

And it's netted the Colts what? Oh that's right, a ton of regular season wins.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #13 : December 11, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »

And yet with that and the all mighty Peyton, the Colts still haven't gotten past the AFC championship game.

Also, Martyball seems to be outscoring alot of teams lately. Alot of teams meaning everyone else in the NFL. But yes, its hard to watch the team getting into scoring range and never actually getting a TD from it.

« #14 : December 11, 2006, 06:59:29 PM »

And yet with that and the all mighty Peyton, the Colts still haven't gotten past the AFC championship game.

Also, Martyball seems to be outscoring alot of teams lately. Alot of teams meaning everyone else in the NFL. But yes, its hard to watch the team getting into scoring range and never actually getting a TD from it.
it's not Martyball..it's LT....you put him on any team they're offense gets better in a snap.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden, offensive genius « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools