Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another championship for the Glazers!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

rpp224

Starter

: May 21, 2008, 06:20:07 PM

Manchester United wins Champions League final on penalty shootout:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/05/21/bc.eu.spt.soc.champs.ap/index.html

Congratulations to them!

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 21, 2008, 06:23:35 PM

that was one wild finish

cant believe the captain slipped on the penalty kick

GLAZERS FOREVER!!!!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 21, 2008, 06:33:23 PM

it was only 2 years ago the manchester fans were calling for their heads.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 21, 2008, 06:37:35 PM

Not really sure the Glazers should be the ones getting congratulated.  Man United were very successful before they arrived, they haven't injected any new money in, and they have no real dealings with the day to day running of the team.

Props to the players and staff though, and I am sure Joel is having fun right now being a longtime Man United fan.

#4 : May 21, 2008, 06:45:19 PM

They deserve it

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 21, 2008, 08:45:33 PM

I actually watched the game today and it was definately a great finish.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 21, 2008, 08:57:37 PM

I would have preferred a nice 3-0 lead at half time, and coast home......but I will take it.   8)   You should have seen the end of the 1999 final, that was crazy.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#7 : May 21, 2008, 09:05:58 PM

I would have preferred a nice 3-0 lead at half time, and coast home......but I will take it.  8) You should have seen the end of the 1999 final, that was crazy.

The ManU v Bayern Munich final was wild.   Awesome to see Oliver Kahn take one on the chin.

You do need to give the owners some props, they have allowed GIll and Furgeson to go over some of the top young talent in the world they signed Nani and Anderson last year, and just signed Jeremy Helen and Darnel Situ.  They aren't doingwhat Chelsea has done, thye are building a future  team with young guys with potential instead of signing Ballack, Sheva, and the like.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#8 : May 21, 2008, 09:14:37 PM

Good game! congrats to the glazers. Now they need another super bowl this year! ;D

rpp224

Starter

#9 : May 21, 2008, 09:55:01 PM

Good game! congrats to the glazers. Now they need another super bowl this year! ;D

That would be a great goal to accomplish. William Davidson did it with the Lightning and Pistons a few years back so they could get both "football" championships back-to-back.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 21, 2008, 10:17:49 PM

Man united will win several more titles before the Bucs sniff a SB, unfortunately. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 21, 2008, 11:02:17 PM

Not really sure the Glazers should be the ones getting congratulated.  Man United were very successful before they arrived, (b)they haven't injected any new money in, and they have no real dealings with the day to day running of the team.(/b)

Props to the players and staff though, and I am sure Joel is having fun right now being a longtime Man United fan.

Referencing the bolded application - that very acknowledgement is the difference between owership at Man Utd Vs Chelsea... 

MJS - did ya feel like it was fated when Terry's plant foot slipped - a super natural intercession by one of Busby's babes...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 21, 2008, 11:35:21 PM

MJS - did ya feel like it was fated when Terry's plant foot slipped - a super natural intercession by one of Busby's babes...

I thought he slipped on the remote I threw at the TV.

Neubi

Second String

#13 : May 22, 2008, 02:50:05 AM

English players will always find a way to blow a penalty shooting!
Ballack should have been at position 5 for Chelsea.
Germany never lose on penalty shots (except once at 1976....thanks Mr. Hoeness!!)

1999 was great. Made a lot of money with these late goals :-D

Fine, I'll go build my own Bulletin Board! With blackjack and hookers!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 22, 2008, 07:52:48 AM

I thought he slipped on the remote I threw at the TV.

You didn't pick it up after Renaldo's little fiasco?  LOL He (Renaldo) needs to stop his little hesitation (stop) - as I think the announcer was right - if he had made it - well he was gonna have to do it again...  Renaldo outthought himself -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another championship for the Glazers!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools