Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another championship for the Glazers!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

original

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 22, 2008, 08:17:21 AM

Glazers:  Owners of Champions!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 22, 2008, 08:58:44 AM

I really tried to watch it, but I just couldn't do it.  A bunch of grown men flailing to the ground and crying like little girls every time someone comes close to touching them.  I haven't seen so much crying and bad acting since I used to date this broad that tried to get me to watch soap operas.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 22, 2008, 09:11:53 AM

I really tried to watch it, but I just couldn't do it. A bunch of grown men flailing to the ground and crying like little girls every time someone comes close to touching them. I haven't seen so much crying and bad acting since I used to date this broad that tried to get me to watch soap operas.

So you missed the badly broken nose, and three head wounds that needed stitches.   ::)

Maybe if NFL players ran around for 120 minutes and covered 10 plus miles they might take every opportunity to take a rest and slow the game down.  No breaks every 7 seconds and regular 10 minutes stints sat on you fat arse in soccer unfortunately.

There is plenty up with most sports, NFL included, don't like it, don't watch it!  Is that too complicated for you, maybe it is seeing as you can't keep out of threads you don't like either.  Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 22, 2008, 09:14:20 AM

You didn't pick it up after Renaldo's little fiasco? LOL He (Renaldo) needs to stop his little hesitation (stop) - as I think the announcer was right - if he had made it - well he was gonna have to do it again... Renaldo outthought himself -

I really don't know why he does that with his talent.  If you place the ball inside the post along the ground no goalie can get near it.  Cech isn't a good penalty stopper anyway, just put it low and he has no chance.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 22, 2008, 09:20:19 AM

So you missed the badly broken nose, and three head wounds that needed stitches.   ::)

Maybe if NFL players run around for 120 minutes and covered 10 plus miles they might take every opportunity to take a rest and slow the game down.

There is plenty up with most sports, NFL included, don't like it, don't watch it!  Is that too complicated for you, maybe it is seeing as you can't keep out of threads you don't like either.  Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
*sigh*
Where did I say that I didn't like the thread?  My opinion is that organized kickball is for cry babies.  If they aren't conditioned well enough they are supposed to flail to the grown, hold their leg and start crying?  That doesn't sound like much of a sport to me.....well maybe for the French. 
I don't think you understand the concept of message boards.  People are allowed to have different opinions.  I say one thing that you disagree with and you throw a hissy fit.  Well, I can see why you like kickball.  It seems like you fit the mold.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 22, 2008, 09:28:03 AM

Where did I say that I didn't like the thread? My opinion is that organized kickball is for cry babies. If they aren't conditioned well enough they are supposed to flail to the grown, hold their leg and start crying? That doesn't sound like much of a sport to me.....well maybe for the French.
I don't think you understand the concept of message boards. People are allowed to have different opinions. I say one thing that you disagree with and you throw a hissy fit. Well, I can see why you like kickball. It seems like you fit the mold.

Pity its by far the biggest, richest, most watched sport in the world.

<click>

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 22, 2008, 09:35:26 AM

Where did I say that I didn't like the thread? My opinion is that organized kickball is for cry babies. If they aren't conditioned well enough they are supposed to flail to the grown, hold their leg and start crying? That doesn't sound like much of a sport to me.....well maybe for the French.
I don't think you understand the concept of message boards. People are allowed to have different opinions. I say one thing that you disagree with and you throw a hissy fit. Well, I can see why you like kickball. It seems like you fit the mold.

Pity its by far the biggest, richest, most watched sport in the world.

<click>

Indeed it is a pity.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : May 22, 2008, 10:09:22 AM

I played soccer when I was a kid, it was fun to play but boring to watch. I especially don't care about any soccer that happens in Europe because I have no rooting interest. The guys flailing on the ground having to be taken out on stretchers and coming back 2 minutes later, fans burning stadiums down killing each other and soccer people just being plain defensive when you tell them the reasons you don't like soccer are reason enough for me not to care about even though the same guys that own the football team I care about own one.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 22, 2008, 10:25:33 AM

I especially don't care about any soccer that happens in Europe because I have no rooting interest.

That is the key right there.  You need some sort of rooting interest or understanding of any sport.  If you live somewhere you adapt to the sports culture.

I love the NFL and the Bucs, and I love Man United.  If it comes to a choice between watching Man United or the Bucs its a tough call, I suppose I would try and channel flick.  If it came to a choice between Chelsea vs Barcelona in the CL or a regular season Bucs game, I am watching the Bucs.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 22, 2008, 10:37:58 AM

I played soccer when I was a kid, it was fun to play but boring to watch. I especially don't care about any soccer that happens in Europe because I have no rooting interest. The guys flailing on the ground having to be taken out on stretchers and coming back 2 minutes later, fans burning stadiums down killing each other and soccer people just being plain defensive when you tell them the reasons you don't like soccer are reason enough for me not to care about even though the same guys that own the football team I care about own one.
Spot on post.  Well done, sir.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 22, 2008, 02:11:35 PM

Chelsea were unlucky to lose in that fashion, but it couldn't have happened to a better team of thugs.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 22, 2008, 02:25:01 PM

Chelsea were unlucky to lose in that fashion, but it couldn't have happened to a better team of thugs.

They were lucky to get a goal before half time.  United should have been 3-0 and the game should have been over.  At least the right team won in the end, despite the crappy way it happened. 

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 22, 2008, 02:48:27 PM

BucsNoles,

Guy's like you need to get a clue. This game was not a typical So American or Latin match with players taking dives. This was balls to the wall hard physical English Premier players giving it there all. Lots of physical contact with no protection. The passion and adreneline far more that anything that we have to offer here in the states.

I had no money on either team and was just looking forward to a great match. And boy did they deliver. Such a shame for Terry to slip on the PK after saving several off of the line. He will take this loss to his grave.

Congrats to the Glazers !!

klb55

Starter

#28 : May 22, 2008, 02:57:20 PM

You didn't pick it up after Renaldo's little fiasco? LOL He (Renaldo) needs to stop his little hesitation (stop) - as I think the announcer was right - if he had made it - well he was gonna have to do it again... Renaldo outthought himself -

I really don't know why he does that with his talent. If you place the ball inside the post along the ground no goalie can get near it. Cech isn't a good penalty stopper anyway, just put it low and he has no chance.

Agreed.  Clearly he doesn't have the confidence to hit his spot.  He is trying to get a read on the goalie so the shot becomes easier.  By nature, the penalty shot is easy.  Pick your spot and drill it.  Even if the goalie guesses correct it cannot be saved by a well struck ball.  He should not be taking penalty shots.

btw, Congrats Man U.......watched the game and really enjoyed it

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 22, 2008, 03:20:02 PM

BucsNoles,

Guy's like you need to get a clue. This game was not a typical So American or Latin match with players taking dives. This was balls to the wall hard physical English Premier players giving it there all. Lots of physical contact with no protection. The passion and adreneline far more that anything that we have to offer here in the states.

I had no money on either team and was just looking forward to a great match. And boy did they deliver. Such a shame for Terry to slip on the PK after saving several off of the line. He will take this loss to his grave.

Congrats to the Glazers !!

Well said.  (apart from the bit about Terry)

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another championship for the Glazers!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools