Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign tryout player to a contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: May 05, 2008, 08:56:40 PM

University of South Florida WR Amarri Jackson was offered a free agent contract with the Bucs and expected to sign by Tuesday, club sources said.

Jackson was one of three players invited to the Bucs’ mini-camp last week who earned a free agent contract.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bucfanmark

Second String
#1 : May 05, 2008, 08:59:43 PM

Who were the other 2?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 05, 2008, 09:01:26 PM

Nothing has surfaced on the other two as of yet, this is the first name to be mentioned at this point when searching the web

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 05, 2008, 09:12:47 PM

From the way it sounds, the team is going to announce three other signings on Tuesday

Oliver Goldsmith

#4 : May 05, 2008, 09:16:34 PM

Nice.

#5 : May 05, 2008, 09:19:59 PM

Yeah buddy.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 05, 2008, 09:21:13 PM

My bet is Blake and the wideout from San Diego.

#7 : May 05, 2008, 09:22:57 PM

Who's the wideout from San Diego?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 05, 2008, 09:24:57 PM

Wes Doyle. I couldn't remember his name.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 05, 2008, 09:26:06 PM

my bet is that none of the three even sniff making the roster

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 05, 2008, 09:27:56 PM

If the team signs DE Blake he has a chance to make the roster as the team after Adams and White is not set or even close to being set if Blake can show that burst and closing speed from his junior year he could send a player packing

Oliver Goldsmith

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 05, 2008, 09:31:31 PM

Gaines Adams, Greg White, Kevin Carter(who turned down a contract with more money in oakland, so he was probably told he was guarenteed to make the team), and Marques Douglas will make the team.

You can bet that Haye, Hovan, Moore, and Sims will make the roster...

so that is 8 guarentees on a line that we will probably keep 9, maybe 10 tops.  We have Patrick Chuckwurah, Jimmy Wilkerson, Greg Peterson also competing.  Tommy Blake, although wouldn't mind making roster...i seriously doubt it

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 05, 2008, 09:32:53 PM

I bet Blake will be on the practice squad for a while then be starting next to Gaines forever...

what was his brain disorder again?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 05, 2008, 09:37:30 PM

We have Patrick Chuckwurah, Jimmy Wilkerson, Greg Peterson also competing.

Not much in the way of competition there

STRICK-9

Starter

#14 : May 05, 2008, 09:38:11 PM

The Star Tribune in Dallas is reporting the bucs are offering Blake a contract...and the other is going to be Jonathan Hefney, the Safety from Tn.

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign tryout player to a contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools