Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown v Greise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Lamond

Hall of Famer

: May 10, 2008, 06:54:47 AM

DTG agrees with which?
That Griese is a lock for #2

So do I. I realize that we all want a QB of the future and McCown may be it but he'll have to wait.

In my mind it makes no sense to trade for Griese, an experienced backup, and make him # 3. Let McCown have another year to mature and see what we have.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 10, 2008, 03:04:57 AM

DTG agrees with which?
That Griese is a lock for #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 06, 2008, 03:49:10 PM

2 scrubs, fighting it out, whoooopppppeeeeeeeeeee!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : May 06, 2008, 03:40:43 PM

With Garcia's age I think you have to keep them both.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : May 06, 2008, 03:32:54 PM

If McCown clearly outplays greise will Greise get cut.  It would free up a roster spot as it would be Garcia McCown and Johnson.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 06, 2008, 04:00:30 PM

Neither of them is Bruce Gradkowski!!!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 06, 2008, 04:07:49 PM

If McCown clearly outplays greise will Greise get cut. It would free up a roster spot as it would be Garcia McCown and Johnson.

I would have to say yes if Luke clearly outplays him, but it's going to have to be pretty obvious.  No way they keep Griese around as the 3rd QB.

loweredexpectations

Starter
#7 : May 06, 2008, 05:28:15 PM

wow, griese absolutely gets no love. i can't say that i'm a huge fan either. but the guy has heart and plays like a cowboy (which i understand can be deadly as well) at least he moves the ball down the field and puts up touchdowns...its just a shame that his interceptions always come at the worse time.

career stats
63% completion pct.
almost 19,000 yards
114TD-92INT
83.6 rating

wouldn't mind him being no. 2 at all.

luke mccown is riding on potential definetly no. 3 this year.

they'll put joe johnson at wide receiver. watch.

#8 : May 06, 2008, 05:36:13 PM

If McCown clearly outplays greise will Greise get cut.  It would free up a roster spot as it would be Garcia McCown and Johnson.

Get over it, Greise is here for the year -- most likely longer.  No way are we rolling with just luke backing up Jeff. 

There's actually a good chance he's here longer than Garcia.

1 Jeff
2 Luke
3 Brian
4 Josh.

Only 2 ways that list is likely to go under 4 --> injury, or McCown implodes in some incredible way and gets cut.

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : May 06, 2008, 06:48:40 PM

If Griese was the QB against the Redskins instead of Gradkowski we lose that game by 10-14.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : May 06, 2008, 08:44:22 PM

2 scrubs? If history repeats one will be our starting QB at some point next season.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 06, 2008, 11:05:11 PM

If Josh Johnson plays well enough to prove he is NFL ready, the Bucs will keep him as the number 3 along with Griese and ofcourse Garcia.  Gruden, I believe, has finally learned his lesson that after all these years in Tampa, his starting QB always goes down, so he needs a veteran back-up.  McCown isn't really a veteran, IMO, and is a raw talent guy much like Josh Johnson.

If Josh Johnson doesn't play well enough to prove he is NFL ready...he will develope an injury much like Chris Simms and Mike Alstott did last season.  I.E., rather than cut JJ, they will place him on IR to keep him around until he is ready.  In this case, they will keep Garcia, Griese, and McCown.

Bottom Line..I think McCown is gone.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 06, 2008, 11:37:11 PM

I disagree Badabing.  I think they will keep 4 qbs, and will keep Luke and Griese both so they will have 3 qbs that can play.

If Garcia gets hurt and will be out for some time, IMO, it will be McCown starting and Griese as the backup.  That's the whole point, even if Garcia goes down, they have a quality backup and STILL have a quality backup behind him.

.....just my opinion

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 07, 2008, 12:12:51 AM

Both know this system really well and have both started & won games for us, so it would be wise to keep the rotation of Garcia, Griese, and McCown going all year long. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#14 : May 07, 2008, 12:16:33 AM

Both know this system really well and have both started & won games for us, so it would be wise to keep the rotation of Garcia, Griese, and McCown going all year long. 

agree! and let Josh Johnson listen and learn from those three guys for the next couple years. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown v Greise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools