Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown v Greise « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

skip

Starter

« #120 : May 16, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »

I sense a mysterious injury to Johnson in the late preseason and is put on IR just prior to the final cut down date.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #121 : May 16, 2008, 05:40:40 PM »

injury better be something,as  it us pretty obvious that we are trying to pull a fast one.  Would hate to lose a draft pick.

king of tampa

Practice Squad

« #122 : May 17, 2008, 05:19:41 AM »

MCcown is realy the 2nd best qb that the bucs have, to be honest give him a lil bit time he might be better than garcia because when given time in the pocket dude is  more poise plus he can scamble like garcia and he's faster he just needs some experence in game and make better thows .Greise i think he is wash up, look what he did for bears and than, when he was with the he was not that good thowing int's josh johnson might take his spot and be the 3rd ob i think grawokowski and simms is getting cut.

GO BUCS

« #123 : May 21, 2008, 02:10:53 AM »

The new video (ABC Action News Sports Zone - 5/18) seems to shed some light on this.

« #124 : May 21, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »

I'd like to think there would be competition in TC for the 1, 2 and 3 spots.

Here's what my crystal ball says:
Jeff will start as 1 Brian as 2 Luke as 3 (Pretty solid QB stable if you ask me)  Josh will take a roster spot.
Jeff will most likely get hurt (or will not play as advertised)
Brian will come in to finish that game.
Brian and Luke will battle that next week for the starter position on Sunday (announced by Gru on Friday)

I see Brian and Luke as equals.   Brian=Smart and a Vet  Luke=Superior Athlete and knows system.  Unfortunately the
discriminators suck (Brian - interceptions  Luke - inexperience = Guess who Gruden picks)  (Didn't this happen before?  Gruden was really opposed to saying there was a distinct #2 or #3...)

It's pretty comfortable knowing our QB situation as compared to alot of other teams in the league. 

The only way one of these QB's don't make the roster this year is if someone wants Luke and is willing to pay a hefty price.

JMHO

« #125 : May 22, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »

I'd like to think there would be competition in TC for the 1, 2 and 3 spots.

Here's what my crystal ball says:
Jeff will start as 1 Brian as 2 Luke as 3 (Pretty solid QB stable if you ask me)  Josh will take a roster spot.
Jeff will most likely get hurt (or will not play as advertised)
Brian will come in to finish that game.
Brian and Luke will battle that next week for the starter position on Sunday (announced by Gru on Friday)

I see Brian and Luke as equals.   Brian=Smart and a Vet  Luke=Superior Athlete and knows system.  Unfortunately the
discriminators suck (Brian - interceptions  Luke - inexperience = Guess who Gruden picks)  (Didn't this happen before?  Gruden was really opposed to saying there was a distinct #2 or #3...)

It's pretty comfortable knowing our QB situation as compared to alot of other teams in the league. 

The only way one of these QB's don't make the roster this year is if someone wants Luke and is willing to pay a hefty price.

JMHO

Jeff is starting, it's done, I accept it. What really worries me is the thought that Brian could get time over Luke.  I can Jeff getting the nod over Luke, but not Brian.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #126 : May 22, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

'doc, they are in OTAs - there are more OTA's, then camp, then pre season.  If Luke plays the way some feel he can - and cuts out the mistakes he will get what he deserves - a chance.  Then it is up to him.

If Jon Gruden has his mind made up that it is Garcia from right now to the opening day he should be fired.  Simple as that.  Garcia is NFL average - a little better on his best days, a little worse on his worst.  It is not beyond one's imagination to see McCown or Griese figuring the damn game out to a level where their physical skills surpass Garcia's knowledge, leadership and physical skills.  Gruden and his staff know that, and so do we.  It is OTAs 'doc - let's watch and see how it tumbles out...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

« #127 : May 22, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »

But then what would we talk about?

HughC

Pro Bowler

« #128 : May 28, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »

I can't see bringing Griese in and then cutting him.  If/when Garcia is injured, Gruden would most likely prefer bringing in Griese.  McCown may be the QB of the future, but I don't know if he's ready to hand him the keys this year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #129 : May 29, 2008, 11:35:33 PM »

But then what would we talk about?

With or without repeating ourselves?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown v Greise « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools