Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not next year, what do we do NOW? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2006, 02:19:41 PM

Many of you are talking about next year with regard to FA's and the draft.

Well next year is a long way away. We still have 12 more games to play.

So what should we do NOW? (only as it affects players)

Who gets set down and who plays in their place?

Who do we bring up from the PS?

Who do we look at that's available in FA that could help NOW?

Who do we look at as a possible trade without killing ourself in next years draft?

The only suggestion I can make is bench Booger NOW. (we never missed him when he was hurt).

I wouldn't change anything on offense except to get Mahan away from playing guard and put in either Terry or Joseph-or both.

P.S.  Spell check is great to fix typo's

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 09, 2006, 02:28:07 PM

I say we stick with running the ball. 
We put more defensive players on special teams.
Go back to the Carolina game Defensive gameplan and start putting pressure on the QB.
Bring in a back up QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 09, 2006, 02:30:05 PM

They didn't even suit Terry up last Sunday.  He must be a)  Irritated by not getting the starting job based on a decent TC
                                                                                        b)  Not that good to begin with.

I agree with benching Booger.  The guy has 5 or 6 tackles through four games, doesn't get penetration...maybe even throw White into the mix.  Slide Crane into the DT (he is scrappy), or put in Wyms.  

I think White, based on limited performance deserves a job.  I think Spires needs to be put aside and made the substitute for DeWayne.  White makes stuff happen.  He is a gamer.

Fire Bisaccia.  You can always find another ST coach.  He isn't a great coach, by any means.

Let Ruud in now.  Have him start playing Mike, slide Q over to Neces spot.  Nece hasn't played that great, and is dinged up anyway.  Ruud needs all these snaps when the bullets are flying right now.  Sort of the same scenario with the pre season...A lot of the guys didn't get enough reps, and it might have played a factor in their poor start.  Get Ruud in there.  Q is on his way out due to age anyway.

Give Stovall some reps, put him in there as well, let him build a bond with the young offensive parts out there already.  He is a great red zone target, and is physical.a  Too early to call him Keyshawn Johnson yet, but I think he might be one of those type of cats.

Let Torrie Cox return punts.  He can't be that much worse, or better even, than one dimensional Jones.  Jones is the nine yard machine, and lacks any quicks, and burst to ever make the punting return team a threat to score, or get us good field position.  PArt of that has to be Bisaccia fault....see above.  This way, you can get rid of Jones who is essentially a burned roster spot on a mediocre to average, one dimensional pony.

Bring back Fonoti (Just because I like the guy...lol!), and is also very young and probably coachable.  At least put him in the PS.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 09, 2006, 02:31:31 PM

I don't really think there's much we can do.  We just have to stick with it and execute better!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 09, 2006, 02:33:08 PM

I don't really think there's much we can do.  We just have to stick with it and execute better!

You can at least let the newcomers, like Ruud and Stove get some live game reps, so this way, they lose that wide-eyed wonder that must engulf them come game day.  Get them game ready, in other words.  No use having them sit on the pine, when the season is essentially over with now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 09, 2006, 02:34:34 PM

I don't really think there's much we can do.  We just have to stick with it and execute better!

Sounds a lot like something a former coach here used to say...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2006, 02:37:13 PM

Sounds a lot like something a former coach here used to say...

Well sadly in this case it's true.  If we are still trying to win then we stick with what we have because the backups are no better.  Yes we should play the young guys.  I was just answering the question as far as what do we do to try to win.  It may be too late for that though.

original

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 09, 2006, 02:37:37 PM

White(DE), Rudd(LB), Adams(S), Winborn(LB), Joseph(RG), Trueblood(RT),  Manhan(c) and Stovall (WR) all need to become tops on the depth chart.  They needs to get experience now so we have a hope of a better season next year.  I don't see it as throwing in the towel because our current starters are not getting the job done, so why not make a change.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#8 : October 09, 2006, 02:42:22 PM

I doubt Booger will get flat out benched,  but Gruden might cut down on his PT to see if someone else will step up and also try to light a fire under his sorry azz. I doubt it will work but it seems like a more likely scenario.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 09, 2006, 02:45:11 PM

I doubt Booger will get flat out benched, but Gruden might cut down on his PT to see if someone else will step up and also try to light a fire under his sorry azz. I doubt it will work but it seems like a more likely scenario.

He should at least split time with another guy (Wyms, SPires, White, ANYBODY)...because he isn't doing a damned thing out there except getting abused and playing a lot of paddycake with the Guards and centers out there.  He is a waste of salary.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#10 : October 09, 2006, 02:48:50 PM

He should at least split time with another guy (Wyms, SPires, White, ANYBODY)...because he isn't doing a damned thing out there except getting abused and playing a lot of paddycake with the Guards and centers out there.  He is a waste of salary.

I agree. Have to admit that I bought into the hype when he first came here but he was pretty much exposed as soon as Sapp left.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 09, 2006, 02:51:09 PM

I doubt Booger will get flat out benched, but Gruden might cut down on his PT to see if someone else will step up and also try to light a fire under his sorry azz. I doubt it will work but it seems like a more likely scenario.

Put his fat *** on special teams and make him run up and down the field all day

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 09, 2006, 02:53:02 PM

Fire Bisaccia.  You can always find another ST coach.  He isn't a great coach, by any means.

Bring back Fonoti (Just because I like the guy...lol!), ...

I like both of these - for the very same reasons LMAO.  And it is time to try younger players - bucs need to use this year to get the younger folks up to speed, with an eye to having some success with them.  Unfortunately it is not like game results are at stake.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#13 : October 09, 2006, 02:53:35 PM

Put his fat *** on special teams and make him run up and down the field all day

LOL, and a trip to Jenny Craig wouldnt hurt either.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#14 : October 09, 2006, 02:55:59 PM

Look, we've only got 3 DT's on the roster. You can't "bench" any of them because we don't have any other options.

Im the one who said its not likely that he would be benched.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not next year, what do we do NOW? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools