Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buchanon « previous next »
Page: 1 2

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 12, 2006, 10:23:57 AM

Buchanon is a great talent and hopefully Kiffin and Barry can coach him up to be more consistent. One game doesn't make a guy but he can be a very good player with the right coaching.
Barry is not his position coach.  Burns will have to show he can do the job of helping turn around Buchannon's career.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 12, 2006, 11:09:02 AM

buchanon isn't physical enough for this defense over the long run, and i think he limits some of the things monte can do as a result, like staying in the nickel more without fearing the run - he's a good cover guy, and has made an impact as a spot starter, but all i can really say about his is i'd rather have him out there than cox, which isn't saying much....he also hasn't shown much as a return guy, where he was highly touted. i think over 16 games, he might be more of an all-around liability than bolden

i think buchanon can be good somewhere (man-coverage team in a division like the NFC West not known for physical offenses), but certainly not good enough in tampa to push out Brian Kelly. he might be worth dangling as trade bait around the draft if he signed more than a 1-year deal...

i just don't buy that he's the answer, even though he's responded to the challenge the last couple of weeks.  you don't get cut from the texans mid-season for nothing.

#17 : December 12, 2006, 01:19:27 PM

buchanon isn't physical enough for this defense over the long run, and i think he limits some of the things monte can do as a result, like staying in the nickel more without fearing the run - he's a good cover guy, and has made an impact as a spot starter, but all i can really say about his is i'd rather have him out there than cox, which isn't saying much....he also hasn't shown much as a return guy, where he was highly touted. i think over 16 games, he might be more of an all-around liability than bolden

i think buchanon can be good somewhere (man-coverage team in a division like the NFC West not known for physical offenses), but certainly not good enough in tampa to push out Brian Kelly. he might be worth dangling as trade bait around the draft if he signed more than a 1-year deal...

i just don't buy that he's the answer, even though he's responded to the challenge the last couple of weeks.  you don't get cut from the texans mid-season for nothing.

I think that he can never take Ronde's spot because of that lack of physicality, but he does have a skillset that could POTENTIALLY match up in Brian Kelly's spot.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 12, 2006, 04:28:42 PM

brian kelly has been known on this team and around the league for the great jam he gets on WRs off the line, and we need 2 guys who can be equally physical vs the TOs, chad johnsons, and marvin harrisons of the league because we don't match up CBs on WRs, we line up the same guys on either side of the field regardless of matchups.  we'd have to change the way we cover if we wanted to keep buchanon out on the field as a started, IMO.

i honestly think people are writing off kelly too soon, he's got plenty of game left, esp in a tampa 2 scheme that starts rushing the passer well again.

#19 : December 12, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

i honestly think people are writing off kelly too soon, he's got plenty of game left, esp in a tampa 2 scheme that starts rushing the passer well again.

I agree, I'm just saying that I really like Buchanon's raw skills, not so much taking away from Kelly.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buchanon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools