Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

: May 10, 2008, 08:21:20 AM

if ya ask me this whole thread was started so the author could somehow try to convince himself that he actually would rather have his life than be a millionaire. only a fool would think that all millionaires live crummy lives.

i have yet to meet a millionaire with a 18-20 hour a day work schedule. the guy that owns my company works 9-5 mon thru fri on a busy week. he's usually out with is wife driving one of his ferraris or in another country.

ppl say all the time, "money wont buy you happiness", blah blah blow me. that's a load of crap made up by poor ppl to make their own crummy lives feel better... much like this thread.

made up to make someone feel better about their own life.

"I'd rather make 100k than a million because I get a home cooked meal every night"

if i could print that saying on toilet paper i'd love to wipe my butt with it.

Still a bitter angry loser I see - Krazy. And yeah all of the conversations that I mentioned were all made up and invented and something I dreamed one night; you are pathetic dude. ::)

yes i'm sooooo bitter. i hate my life.

i wish i could be an overweight adt tech that threatens to beat people up over the internet.

only then will i find true happiness.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 09, 2008, 12:18:46 PM

Oh...

#2 : May 21, 2008, 06:33:41 PM

What happened?

The 100% truth is that Chrispy had a leaky pipe that caused a huge mess under the sink the morning before a Bucs game in 2006, and he had promised his wife to go get the part and fix the problem after the game was over at 4:00pm. Well with the score being 24-3 and the Bucs losing & looking bad all day starting into the 4th quarter, he decided that was as good a time as any to go to Home Depot to get the part and fix the problem while listening to the game on the radio. Turns out the Bucs started to make a huge comeback but still lost and Chrispy got back to see the final two minutes of this, and for two years several imature individuals have continued to make this the focus of their lives on here.

~END OF STORY~

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 21, 2008, 06:40:08 PM

The 100% truth is that Chrispy had a leaky pipe that caused a huge mess

~END OF STORY~

Unfortunately I doubt it will be.   ::) :P 8)

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : May 09, 2008, 12:14:36 PM

that's why I wrote "probably"

#5 : May 21, 2008, 06:10:52 PM

Doing the job that I do I end up in alot of million dollar homes owned by millionaires of course in places like Avila, Bellair Bluffs, and Gulfport Beach; and once in awhile I get a chance to pick the brain of some of these people and find out what it's all about & how they got there. And maaaaaan talk about major sacrifice and having no life, some of these people describe their 18-20 hour days 7 days a week and constantly being on the go in and out of town and it made me feel like, "is all of this really worth having things that you really don't have time to enjoy anyway"?? 

you  bring up a great point. you could be rich and not be happy! i feel that you should be happy in your life and not worry so much about how much money you make. i'd love to be rich but i also wouldn't want to be unhappy.
does money buy happiness?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 21, 2008, 06:02:04 PM

What happened?

Why are you asking?  You were around then Ray.   ;)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 08, 2008, 05:01:51 PM

Doing the job that I do I end up in alot of million dollar homes owned by millionaires of course in places like Avila, Bellair Bluffs, and Gulfport Beach; and once in awhile I get a chance to pick the brain of some of these people and find out what it's all about & how they got there. And maaaaaan talk about major sacrifice and having no life, some of these people describe their 18-20 hour days 7 days a week and constantly being on the go in and out of town and it made me feel like, "is all of this really worth having things that you really don't have time to enjoy anyway"?? 

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 08, 2008, 06:03:20 PM

The really sad thing is a million dollars is not worth much this day and age.
Children being born today had better save a million by the time they are 60 or they will have a
hard time getting to retirement.

Balls Out

Starter
#9 : May 08, 2008, 06:06:19 PM

In my opinion no....but I've yet to see my bank statement with 6 zeros in it so WTF would I know?

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 08, 2008, 06:22:31 PM

The really sad thing is a million dollars is not worth much this day and age.
Children being born today had better save a million by the time they are 60 or they will have a
hard time getting to retirement.

The average American over the age of 45 has $35k in their pension plan, so the children born over 45 years ago are in deep Pooh-Pooh as well.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 08, 2008, 06:27:10 PM

In my opinion no....but I've yet to see my bank statement with 6 zeros in it so what would I know?

I've seen my bank statement with 6 zeros.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 08, 2008, 06:40:28 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 08, 2008, 06:43:43 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

You do realize that those type of guys have sex with various gorgeous young 20 to 25 year old girls all the time as well don't you?

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 08, 2008, 06:50:30 PM

My father and his fiance make about $300K a year joint and they have a home worth above $1M. They each work hard for about 50 hours a week but play just as hard, just about everyday that they can and have atleast 1-2 days off a week to spend together.

That being said, a "millionaire" obviously comes with the constant sacrifices of life's little things but it doesn't necesarily mean you have no life. Not all wealthy people live to work. Most work to live just like the rest of us.

Just at a much much higher pay wage.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools