Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 08, 2008, 06:58:17 PM

There was one couple in like their 50's who had about a 2 million dollar palace in Avila and their guest house was as big as my actual house, but the two of them looked stressed and miserable and looked like they were SEVENTY years old instead. Not how I ever wanna live and would not trade places if I had to go about it like they did.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 08, 2008, 07:02:11 PM

There's no need to be stressed like that.   The fact that they have an expensive home doesn't necessarily mean they are "rich".    It probably means they have big debts to pay off.   

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 08, 2008, 07:02:49 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

You do realize that those type of guys have sex with various gorgeous young 20 to 25 year old girls all the time as well don't you?

Hot 20-25 year old chicks are easy to pick up no matter where you are. Just don't try to do it at the club. It's a bit tougher there because it's a crapshoot between them only being interested in free drinks for thier herds and themselves or they have came with thier man and are off the market.  [banghead]

I prefer party's and the beach. Especially party's because it's easy. They feel they can trust you right off the bat if they meet you at a place like...thier best friends dad's 50th B-Day party and are more willing to leave with you to go somewhere else alone without thier 3+ girl herd.  :o

Oh...I'm bad.  ;D

~Pat's self on back~

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 08, 2008, 07:04:19 PM

Hot 20-25 year old chicks are easy to pick up no matter where you are.

Come back and tell me that when you are 40.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 08, 2008, 07:09:51 PM

Hot 20-25 year old chicks are easy to pick up no matter where you are.

Come back and tell me that when you are 40.

LOL, yea sorry man. I'm a 25 y/o. I guess then the $$$ will surely make it easier.

Which reminds me of a saying my dad told me when I went to college....and I qoute "You will always lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money". So true...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 08, 2008, 07:12:45 PM

"You will always lose money when chasing women, but you will never lose women when chasing money". So true...

Actually, that is not true.   I lost my girlfriend of 4 years not too long ago because I was working too much and on the road too much (making money).

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 08, 2008, 07:18:25 PM

Iron, your comments remind me of something that happened not too long ago.   I was on site in China doing some consulting work for an oil company.   About 10 of us guys (all american expats) were sitting around having some beers and talking about how much we preferred the chinese girls to the american girls.   We were complaining about what a pain in the butt it is having to bend over backwards to get girls in the usa, when we can get them so easily pretty much anywhere outside the usa.     Then one of the guys who was with us said "It's not so hard to get girls in the usa."     The guy who said that was about 24 years old, 6 foot 4, ripped body and really good looking.  Plus he was making about 100k a year fresh out of university.    That guy would be any american girl's dream come true.   So of course it wasn't hard for him!   LOL!    But for us old guys over 40, it's not so easy...

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 08, 2008, 07:23:26 PM

"You will always lose money when chasing women, but you will never lose women when chasing money". So true...

Actually, that is not true. I lost my girlfriend of 4 years not too long ago because I was working too much and on the road too much (making money).

That doesn't dispell the saying though as you only lost one woman, not women. There's plenty of chicks out there to be had.

But yes, I understand your point Java.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#23 : May 08, 2008, 07:43:11 PM

Iron, your comments remind me of something that happened not too long ago. I was on site in China doing some consulting work for an oil company. About 10 of us guys (all american expats) were sitting around having some beers and talking about how much we preferred the chinese girls to the american girls. We were complaining about what a pain in the butt it is having to bend over backwards to get girls in the usa, when we can get them so easily pretty much anywhere outside the usa. Then one of the guys who was with us said "It's not so hard to get girls in the usa." The guy who said that was about 24 years old, 6 foot 4, ripped body and really good looking. Plus he was making about 100k a year fresh out of university. That guy would be any american girl's dream come true. So of course it wasn't hard for him! LOL! But for us old guys over 40, it's not so easy...

LOL...I'm 5'11'' 185 not much body fat but certainly not "ripped". I'm also single and happy these days. I was with my ex from the time I turned 18 until I was 24 so once I found out how much fun it was to be single I haven't made any commitments since. And go figure that all of my friends are either married or living with thier g/f's now and I had to find new single friends to party with.

Story time - I went to a local Irish Pub last Wednesday night and noticed a new chick working. A few minutes later I asked her when she started there (because I haven't been there for a week or two) and found out that it was her first day. I had my dad with me (my pop is 43 and is very much a partier) and after he was getting a little tipsy he started to bet me along with his girl and thier friend - that I couldn't pull the "new chick". I tried and tried and after a while of all of us talking with her in brief spurts she finally gave me her number (and I admit that having my dad and his good looking girl and her friend with me helped pull this bar waitress). Anyways a few days later I went to dinner with her and she was even hotter than I remembered but....she has two kids. I had a great time with her but kept it friendly because most if not all girls in her situation are looking for daddy and I'm not ready to play house. But she is probably the hottest chick who works at this bar now. Blonde with a smoking body. Mmmm, just can't get past the 2 kids.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 08, 2008, 07:44:17 PM

Money may not buy you happiness but it sure does make it easier to find it.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 08, 2008, 07:54:02 PM

Honestly I would rather live in a $250,000 house like we do and make $100,000 a year and be.............HAPPY & RELAXED, instead of never sleeping very much and eating in airports all over the country.

Actually, if you can save $30k of that $100k/yr and get just an 8% return, you'll be a millionaire in only 17 years.  Not including your home value.

A million just isn't that much, it's more a matter of being sensible in your spending (get the 2year old Accord instead of the new Escalade).  Most of those people in those million+ homes are over their heads in mortgage pmts, insurance, prop. tax etc.  Stick with an affordable home, car, clothes, etc. in your prime earning years and you'll be all right when you hit 60.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 08, 2008, 07:54:55 PM

Good story Iron.  

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 08, 2008, 07:56:00 PM

Actually, if you can save $30k of that $100k/yr and get just an 8% return, you'll be a millionaire in only 17 years.  Not including your home value.

Uh huh.   After paying 25% tax, that 100k is only 75k.  Saving 30k of that is going to be very difficult.   Maybe 15k a year.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 08, 2008, 07:57:04 PM

You can't buy love...but you can rent it for the night.  ;)

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 08, 2008, 07:59:08 PM

Actually, if you can save $30k of that $100k/yr and get just an 8% return, you'll be a millionaire in only 17 years. Not including your home value.

Uh huh. After paying 25% tax, that 100k is only 75k. Saving 30k of that is going to be very difficult. Maybe 15k a year.

OK, 24 years.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The millionaire life; is it all worth it?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools