Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: December 11, 2006, 09:32:32 PM

Ain't no joke.

That is unreal.

And Torry Holt spoke too soon on Hester.

99 yard kick return for a TD, after getting burned by Holt.  He has amazing change of direction acceleration.

IanD15

Rookie

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:59:04 PM

94 :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 11, 2006, 10:04:49 PM

Primmer.

LOL!

#3 : December 11, 2006, 11:33:38 PM

2 freakin returns 2nite and we can't get one in 30 yrs? Will folks still argue that legitimate return man is not worth a first day pick?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : December 11, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Ain't no joke.

That is unreal.

And Torry Holt spoke too soon on Hester.

99 yard kick return for a TD, after getting burned by Holt. He has amazing change of direction acceleration.

He is great but they need to avoid having him play D.....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#5 : December 11, 2006, 11:37:27 PM

H.D.E. I firmly believe it is ALL in the blocking schemes, how else do you explain it? We have sent people out of here and they have gone and returned kickoffs for TD's with other teams... heck even if we had ever had a Dante Hall type we would still be 0 fer.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 11, 2006, 11:39:06 PM

Unfriggin' believable.  Damn right that would have been worth a first-round pick.

#7 : December 11, 2006, 11:39:52 PM

H.D.E. I firmly believe it is ALL in the blocking schemes, how else do you explain it? We have sent people out of here and they have gone and returned kickoffs for TD's with other teams... heck even if we had ever had a Dante Hall type we would still be 0 fer.

The bears had their hands team on the field because they were anticipating an onside kick. Blocking has a lot to do with it but this guy just has it. His vision and acceleration is sick!!!! With him its not just about the tds, what he does for their field position cant be discounted.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 11, 2006, 11:41:11 PM

The bears had their hands team on the field because they were anticipating an onside kick. Blocking has a lot to do with it but this guy just has it. His vision and acceleration is sick!!!!
Ohh no, I know, but I am just saying I doubt very highly that he.. or Dante Hall would have any luck with our blocking schemes.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : December 11, 2006, 11:52:24 PM

The bears had their hands team on the field because they were anticipating an onside kick. Blocking has a lot to do with it but this guy just has it. His vision and acceleration is sick!!!! With him its not just about the tds, what he does for their field position cant be discounted.

Well that actually worked to his advantage as all the kicking team was to one side and all he had to do was cut the other way and gone......

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 11:52:38 PM

Ohh no, I know, but I am just saying I doubt very highly that he.. or Dante Hall would have any luck with our blocking schemes.

So how do the Bucs return blocking schemes vary from Chicago's?

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 12, 2006, 12:13:06 AM

DTG.. I have no idea.. but how in the hell do you explain not ever returning one?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 12, 2006, 12:14:13 AM

Devin Hester has the ability to stop, and cut, and accelerate.  Those are key in returning kicks.  The Bucs do not have anyone close to having those traits in spades.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : December 12, 2006, 12:15:48 AM

How does he keep doing that?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 12, 2006, 12:16:21 AM

DTG.. I have no idea..

Then how can make a definitive statement about the blocking schemes?

but how in the hell do you explain not ever returning one?

Oh that's easy. Since 1976, when he was 13 years old, it has been Jon Gruden's fault. There's no other explanation for 30 years of ineptitude in the return game.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools