Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 13, 2006, 06:04:29 PM

This kid could become one of, if not the, best returner(s) of all time. I believe he now holds the record for most Return TD's in a season.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#46 : December 14, 2006, 12:26:28 AM

Kick the freaking ball out of bounds! Starting ar the 40 yd line is better than 7 pts.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 14, 2006, 12:37:59 AM

You guys...you crack me up.

Mark my words, Hester will NEVER return a kick for a TD against the Bucs.  Ever.

They will be too geeked up come ST time, and they will cover him well. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#48 : December 14, 2006, 12:41:55 AM

Like they did Reggie Bush?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 14, 2006, 12:43:11 AM

Like they did Reggie Bush?

Yeah, like Reggie BUsh.

How many punts has Bush returned for scores now?

It ain't going to happen.

Of all the dismantilings, the Bucs won't give up a TD to a kick return.  You guys crack me up...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#50 : December 14, 2006, 12:45:49 AM

Boid--that's exactly what Bush did. And I dare say Hester is a better returner. When did you decide to be Gruden's biggest cheerleader since he's determined to use a qb you don't think is starter caliber?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 14, 2006, 12:58:03 AM

I think Gruden is pushed into a corner.  Based on Rattays pre season performances, and his TC performance, and his practice performance, and the fact that Grads was beating him out in all those drills, lends me to believe that Grads EARNED the job.  You know?  He earned it!  Rattay sucks donkey balls, will not be a good QB no matter what Linebacker #1 says, or how many yards he throws on a prevent defense while leading the team to exacatly ZERO points in garbage time.  Who else is Gruden going to use to play QB now?

IKE HILLIARD!?!?!  C'mon now.  Let us all get a grip here.  McCown is not ready, must be banged up.

Do you think this EGO thing is getting carried away?  I do.

I think circumstance plays much more a relevant factor in Gruds doings with the Bucs.  Now I can hear all the why this and why that comments.  I have seen the light.

It is not all Grudens fault.

Please take note of my sig.  I am more loyal than many of you who post BANDWAGON threads, and put up FIRE GRUDEN threads.

TBBBB sucks.  People who jump ship without thinking FOOTBALL clearly need to just go and root for the Falcons.  They are a pretty mindless group of fans.

Hester will not return a kick.  Just watch.  And when he doesn't, what will be the end result?  Nothing, but a big fat I told you so.  They are rare, and few between.  Do you think the ST guys are having a problem this year?  I don't see that being pulled up to the table.  Aside from the botched kick, and the poor angles in ONE game, the Bucs have covered punts pretty soundly, and Kicks as well.

How many KR have gone for TD versus the Bucs?  Okay.

KRs are an anomaly.  They do not happen that often, and will not happen versus the Bucs.  I will NOSTRADMUS it, and say I have seen it already.

Now the Bucs will get slaughtered, but Hester will not put up points directly for his team...that is my prediction.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#52 : December 14, 2006, 01:09:01 AM

I respect your opinion.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 17, 2006, 11:42:54 PM

Boid--that's exactly what Bush did. And I dare say Hester is a better returner.

Hester is still a better returner than Bush (edit).  I told you he won't return one.  It is a matter of playing the percentages.  The odds were overwhelmingly in favor of me in this one.  Their coverage isn't so bad as to be of concern.

Hester actually did the opposite for the Bears, as a lot of you thought he would.  He fumbled it twice.

I dare say that he was indirectly responsible for a score, based on the pooch kick designed to keep the ball out of his paws though.  SO in a sense, he was a game changer again.

But if it was me, I would have kicked to him all day and rolled the dice.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools