Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 7 LB for 2008? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 10, 2008, 12:03:55 AM

If Lehman has been switched to OLB, it will be Cash or McCoy (if it is true he was moved to MLB).  They need a bu MLB to play behind Ruud.

I had not heard that Lehman had been moved to OLB.

.....just my opinion

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 10, 2008, 01:08:40 AM

I just watched a re run of PSU vs UNM on tv here locally. And both Hayward and Black were playing and Hayward was a monster. Think he had 3 sacks. Im pulling for Hayward but he has to improve a lot to make the team

aquaman

Second String
#17 : May 10, 2008, 01:58:40 PM

I had to go check to see if I was wrong about the position switch.  Here's the article "Buc Update: LB", the paragraph is towards the bottom (The one that starts off "Interestingly...").  I think somewhere else (maybe the interview with McCoy) that they said that this may or may not be a temporary thing...so I guess we won't really know until training camp starts.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/4061

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 10, 2008, 02:22:49 PM

With the starting spots locked up alot more competition then previous seasons. Who is your 7 you would go with?
Black, Quincy
Brooks, Derrick
Cash, Antoine
Hayes, Geno
Hayward, Adam
Joe, Leon
June, Cato
Lehman, Teddy
McCoy, Matt
Nece, Ryan
Ruud, Barrett

WLB
Brooks
Hayes
Hayward

MLB
Ruud
Lehman

SLB
June
Black

Can't argue with that, but I am not sure yet if Hayes will make it and if he doesn't then he goes PS.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

#19 : May 10, 2008, 05:17:01 PM

Why so high on a 6th round rookie? He needs to learn... PS

A 20 year old rookie at that C.A.

#20 : May 10, 2008, 05:21:00 PM

Hayes is raw.

He needs time to develop..............he's probably not as polished as Hayward was last year and now there's Lehman and McCoy to compete against as well.

I just don't see how he makes the roster. I think it's more likely that he's competing with Olajubutu for a PS spot.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 10, 2008, 05:30:26 PM

Dang this board has done the super flop on Nece.  Son of Ronnie.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#22 : May 10, 2008, 05:37:23 PM

He flamed out last season Rowdie and I think he's peaked already. He's probably not going to improve much, if at all.

I think Lehman and McCoy pretty much sealed Nece's fate when they were signed, even if only Lehman makes the team.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 10, 2008, 05:43:04 PM

I never thought he'd be a #1 guy. Wonder if his experience doesn't get him a little extra luv as far as making the 53 man roster.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#24 : May 10, 2008, 05:46:17 PM

That's why I mentioned McCoy and Lehman because they have experience in similar defenses and are ST demons as well.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 10, 2008, 06:11:51 PM

alot of people are down on Nece..but the fact of the matter is...he's been with us since 2003 despite us adding guys like Dwayne Rudd, Ian Gold, and Cato June ahead of him.  He knows the system and is a quality back-up for us.

The fact that people want to release him in favor of guys like McCoy, Hayward, or Cash is beyond me.  I like Geno Hayes ahead of those 3 as well.

It's the same with people who want to see Clayton or Hilliard gone in favor of Paris Warren.  Sure those 2 may not be the best of WRs...but they certainly are more productive and talented than Paris Warren.

#26 : May 10, 2008, 06:31:18 PM

alot of people are down on Nece..but the fact of the matter is...he's been with us since 2003 despite us adding guys like Dwayne Rudd, Ian Gold, and Cato June ahead of him.  He knows the system and is a quality back-up for us.

The fact that people want to release him in favor of guys like McCoy, Hayward, or Cash is beyond me.  I like Geno Hayes ahead of those 3 as well.

It's the same with people who want to see Clayton or Hilliard gone in favor of Paris Warren.  Sure those 2 may not be the best of WRs...but they certainly are more productive and talented than Paris Warren.

Oh really ? You think I want Paris ahead of Clayton & Ike ? I'm so happy that you know what I think Badabing, you must be some kind of mind reading genius or something.  ::)

Sounds to me like you're making stuff up.

I'll tell you this, if the Bucs had the cap space to re-sign Gold, Nece would've been a goner my friend.

I've never heard ANYONE say that they were down on Nece, but the fact is, this defense wasn't the same without June and it hurt big time.

Why do you think they drafted Black and Hayward ?

Why do you think they signed Lehman and McCoy ?

Nobody's down on Nece, but the depth at LB will be greatly improved this year and I'm afraid Nece won't be part of that equation.

The writing is on the wall........illiteracy is a turrible thing Kenny, and it must be stopped in our lifetime.  :D

Fire_Schiano

Practice Squad
#27 : May 10, 2008, 07:16:48 PM

this will be one of the most competitive units in TC....im not really sure what will happen.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 10, 2008, 08:17:07 PM

alot of people are down on Nece..but the fact of the matter is...he's been with us since 2003 despite us adding guys like Dwayne Rudd, Ian Gold, and Cato June ahead of him. He knows the system and is a quality back-up for us.

The fact that people want to release him in favor of guys like McCoy, Hayward, or Cash is beyond me. I like Geno Hayes ahead of those 3 as well.

It's the same with people who want to see Clayton or Hilliard gone in favor of Paris Warren. Sure those 2 may not be the best of WRs...but they certainly are more productive and talented than Paris Warren.

Oh really ? You think I want Paris ahead of Clayton & Ike ? I'm so happy that you know what I think Badabing, you must be some kind of mind reading genius or something. ::)

Sounds to me like you're making stuff up.

I'll tell you this, if the Bucs had the cap space to re-sign Gold, Nece would've been a goner my friend.

I've never heard ANYONE say that they were down on Nece, but the fact is, this defense wasn't the same without June and it hurt big time.

Why do you think they drafted Black and Hayward ?

Why do you think they signed Lehman and McCoy ?

Nobody's down on Nece, but the depth at LB will be greatly improved this year and I'm afraid Nece won't be part of that equation.

The writing is on the wall........illiteracy is a turrible thing Kenny, and it must be stopped in our lifetime. :D

I never said you wanted Warren ahead of Clayton or Ike....but you better believe there are fans out there that want him on the team over those 2.  Heck, there was a thread just about WR roster predictions and Ike was left off in favor of Warren.

Also, I agree with you that Nece is far from the player that June, Brooks or Ruud are.  I am not arguing that point, but if you think a guy like McCoy, Hayward, or Cash is going to be a better depth player than Nece, whos been in the system for 5 seasons, then I think your wrong.

Black was drafted for depth.  Liek this thread says, most teams carry 7 LBs, so Nece and the 3 starters only equals 4.

#29 : May 10, 2008, 08:22:38 PM

Let's see, with Black and Lehman that's 5, so you have Nece, Hayward, McCoy and Cash competing for two spots.

It's possible Nece makes it of course, I just don't think it's likely given his play at Mike and Sam last season............we'll see what shakes out.

If they keep 8 then............
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 7 LB for 2008? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools