Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 7 LB for 2008? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 10, 2008, 10:11:11 PM

With the starting spots locked up alot more competition then previous seasons. Who is your 7 you would go with?
Black, Quincy
Brooks, Derrick
Cash, Antoine
Hayes, Geno
Hayward, Adam
Joe, Leon
June, Cato
Lehman, Teddy
McCoy, Matt
Nece, Ryan
Ruud, Barrett

WLB
Brooks
Hayes
Hayward

MLB
Ruud
Lehman

SLB
June
Black

I think I like your seven... June, Black, Brooks, and Ruud are easy. Hayward was a nice ST player and should make it. Lehman has some nice talent and should be a solid backup. Hayes, if he's got the smarts and will to play ST, definitely has the athleticism to stick IMO.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 10, 2008, 11:22:01 PM

alot of people are down on Nece..but the fact of the matter is...he's been with us since 2003 despite us adding guys like Dwayne Rudd, Ian Gold, and Cato June ahead of him.  He knows the system and is a quality back-up for us.

The fact that people want to release him in favor of guys like McCoy, Hayward, or Cash is beyond me.  I like Geno Hayes ahead of those 3 as well.

There was a lot of thought that Cash was beating out Nece last season so it's not that far fetched. The fact that the Bucs have already moved Lehman and McCoy around a bit at one of the OTA's is telling. They are looking for versatility with the LBer backups. Nece had a lot of trouble in the middle last preseason and it appears the Bucs are looking for guys who can play at least two of the three LBer positions to be backups.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 11, 2008, 08:13:06 AM

mtn,have to agree with you ...think Nece is a goner....they have signed some quality lbs and the final cutdown will be really tough...would be great if we could hide Geno on the pt for a year ...but if he shows anything in pre season...that won't work ...so we just may keep him...this should be one of the most competitive positions on the team.

#33 : May 11, 2008, 07:48:38 PM

Yeah, if he's going to stick, he's going to have to rachet it up a notch or two. I could be wrong, but I really think Geno is too raw. Too bad, he has a nice Italian name.  :)

True, LB, QB, CB....there's going to be some good TC battles this year.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 12, 2008, 12:29:38 PM

I think that you're right Yuc. When Brooks retires, we'll have some depth.

WLB
Brooks
Hayes
Hayward

MLB
Ruud
Lehman

SLB
June
Black

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

HARRIS

Rookie

#35 : May 12, 2008, 03:25:51 PM

Nece is gone he has been the worst lber on our team. If cash wouldnt of got hurt last year he would of backed up ruud and some say he was pushing Ruud in the preseason.  lbers should be starters:brooks, ruud, june subs: I like cash, leman mlb, wlb june will be here when brooks is rested, hayes(st), hayward slb black, McCoy. I know this is 8- I think Black is a lock hayward might be gone (he looks lost out there) and he will have some vets that have hiden talent to deal with like cash, mcCoy and leman! Watch out for hayes to be coached up by Brooks and to be pushed to be a well rounded rookie! or even  a stud, remember he should of been drafted in the 2-3rd rounds(that is a starter or contributer).
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your 7 LB for 2008? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools