Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: May 10, 2008, 05:11:12 PM

in no particular order.

1. Joey Galloway  - We know hes made the team

2. Michael Clayton - Real good on special teams and gruden uses him his own way... also has potential

3. Maurice Stovall - great special teams player.... has potential and imo should be seeing more time this year.

4. Paris Warren - the shocker!  i think he will get picked off our Practice squad if we move him down, he has to much talent to release, and hes been training to take over for hilliard. this is his year.

5. Dexter Jackson - Special teams player and can be used a lil bit at WR

6. Ike Hilliard - meh

i really dont think we should put paris warren down on the practie squad because he will get plucked off by another team... same thing with josh johnson.  and paris warren has too much potential to be released.  hilliard is on the downside of his career, slow, and overall, doesnt have good seperation or explosion.  he is great for thrid downs, but gruden has been training warren for his hilliard type guy.

your roster prediction?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 10, 2008, 09:11:21 PM

maybe warren will be a great special teams player this year and bryant wont even make the cut.

Good Lord   :o

How many great special teams player, can't quite cut it as a WR can one roster carry.   ???

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 10, 2008, 05:12:26 PM

Zzz'sss

Yea, 3 players that didn't play a down in Gru's system last season is going to round out our WR Core?

Gimme a break.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 10, 2008, 05:13:23 PM

No Ike Hillard?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 10, 2008, 05:20:12 PM

No Ike Hillard?

read?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 10, 2008, 05:20:41 PM

Zzz'sss

Yea, 3 players that didn't play a down in Gru's system last season is going to round out our WR Core?

Gimme a break.

paris warren has played for the last three years.

so that makes 2 players that havent been in his system.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 10, 2008, 05:25:08 PM

Warren over Hillard? Really? A player that hasn't played a down in the regular season, and looked halfway decent against back-ups in pre-season over takes his spot. Okay, well done.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 10, 2008, 05:26:24 PM

Warren over Hillard? Really? A player that hasn't played a down in the regular season, and looked halfway decent against back-ups in pre-season over takes his spot. Okay, well done.

what would you do with paris warren? cut him?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 10, 2008, 05:26:51 PM

maybe hilliard too? but that would make WR and QB stacked positions.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 10, 2008, 05:27:33 PM

Practice Squad; we could activate him if someone were to go down with an injury.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 10, 2008, 05:28:05 PM

.... he would get picked off the PS..... way to read....

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 10, 2008, 05:28:38 PM

im guessing your one of the people that says move josh johnson down to the PS too?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 10, 2008, 05:29:12 PM

you obvioulsy came into this thread without reading ANYTHING in the first post except for names.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 10, 2008, 05:35:57 PM

2. Michael Clayton - Real good on special teams and gruden uses him his own way... also has potential

3. Maurice Stovall - great special teams player.... has potential and imo should be seeing more time this year.

4. Paris Warren - the shocker!  i think he will get picked off our Practice squad if we move him down, he has to much talent to release, and hes been training to take over for hilliard. this is his year.

6. Antonio Bryant - Its not if he can reutrn to form, hes in form, its if he can stay out of trouble, and i think that is a yes.

i really dont think we should put paris warren down on the practie squad because he will get plucked off by another team... same thing with josh johnson.  and paris warren has too much potential to be released.  hilliard is on the downside of his career, slow, and overall, doesnt have good seperation or explosion.  he is great for thrid downs, but gruden has been training warren for his hilliard type guy.

your roster prediction?

Paris Warren is not eligible for the Practice Squad. He wasn't eligible last season for the Practice Squad.

I doubt that Warren makes the team over Hilliard.  The Bucs are not going to cut the one guy on the squad who's proven he can catch the ball consistently for a guy who's done next to nothing in the league. Warren may make the roster but it won't be at the expense of Hilliard. If he has any shot....it's over Clayton or Stovall. Since both of those guys are very good STers, Warren's road is going to be even tougher.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 10, 2008, 05:39:26 PM

6. Antonio Bryant - Its not if he can reutrn to form, hes in form, its if he can stay out of trouble, and i think that is a yes.

your roster prediction?

Paris Warren is not eligible for the Practice Squad. He wasn't eligible last season for the Practice Squad.

I doubt that Warren makes the team over Hilliard.  The Bucs are not going to cut the one guy on the squad who's proven he can catch the ball consistently for a guy who's done next to nothing in the league. Warren may make the roster but it won't be at the expense of Hilliard. If he has any shot....it's over Clayton or Stovall. Since both of those guys are very good STers, Warren's road is going to be even tougher.

if anything we will have 7 WR's IMO.

but 4 QB's and 7 WR's seems to be a crazy way to fill 11/53

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My WR Roster Prediction... and some comments on why! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools